Late Term and Child Loss

Intro

First I would like to say how sorry I am for all of your losses. I wish none of us were here or had these things happen.

My husband and I had a miscarriage at 8 weeks last summer. We were thrilled to become pregnant again after the miscarriage. It was not an easy pregnancy - I had hyperemesis gravidarium throughout and up until the beginning of my 3rd trimester. Despite being very sick, taking Zofran and having to go for IV fluids when I had so much vomiting - I could not have been happier. I have always wanted children. So the idea that I was finally going to have a child was just so exciting and wonderful! My husband was just as excited as I was:) We were expecting a boy due in June 2014 with the due date of my husband's birthday. We planned to name him Declan Patrick. Declan arrived on June 4th (our fourth wedding anniversary). The night before he was doing his usual kicking routine as we lay in bed. My husband and I laughing that he was "still in there" as we had been told from the middle of May he could arrive at any moment. My labor began on June 4th at 2am. I woke my husband around 3:30am and we eventually went to the hospital at 6am when my contractions were closer together as instructed. Upon arrival to the hospital they could not find our baby's heart beat. Imaging showed the umbilical cord around his neck and he was no longer alive. We were heartbroken and shocked. The news stopped my labor completely. Around 9am our team asked us how we wanted to deliver Declan. We decided the same way we had planned - naturally. So I began pacing the room and stimulating my nipples to bring the labor back on and the contractions returned around 10am. So I still went through the delivery as planned without any medication, tearing, episitomy or C- section. Declan arrived at 3:28 pm  with the cord around his neck. He is a beautiful angel baby. He was 8 pounds, 10 ounces and 21 inches long. We are still in shock and missing our beautiful little boy who was with us only a short time. Attached are some pictures.

Re: Intro

• ***SIGGY WARNING***

I am so, so sorry for the loss of your sweet Declan. Thank you for sharing pictures - he's absolutely beautiful. I lost my son at almost 35 weeks due to an undetected placental abruption, and it was the same for me...fine one minute, gone the next. 

Please know that we are here for you whenever you need us. It will be a hard road, but we've all been there and are here to support you. This group essentially saved me when I lost my son, and I'm glad you found us (even though I hate that you're here). Thinking of you and your husband, along with your sweet angel baby. Sending lots of hugs and love.

________________________________________________________________________________

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am so sorry for your loss.  Your son is beautiful.  I lost my twins in January under different circumstances, but please know that you are not alone.  The ladies on this board have been wonderful to me and I know they will be for you as well.  Please stop by as often as you would like to vent or share stories.  
  • Loading the player...
  • BgirmaBgirma member
    Declan is beautiful. And what a big healthy boy. I'm so incredibly sorry for your loss. I lost my son in December due to a spontaneous maternal fetal hemmorage two days before his due date.

I'll be sending you and your family positive energy during this really difficult time.
  • I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet Declan. He is so handsome! Sending thoughts and prayers your way.

Brooke Elizabeth born Feb 17, 2013 grew wings May 9, 2013 @ 11 weeks & 4 days old from SIDS

PitaPata Dog tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• ***Siggy warning***

So very sorry for the loss of your sweetheart Declan. 

I too lost my baby suddenly from what they think was a cord accident or blood clot. I am so very sorry that this is your story. Your son was beautiful. Thank you for sharing the pictures.
    Lilypie - (qptF)

"Elsie Irene was born sleeping at 35w 6d on December 8, 2012. Mommy and Daddy miss you sweet girl."

• VyD81VyD81 member
    *siggy warning*

I'm so sorry for the loss of you precious son. The ladies on this board are very supportive and we are here for you.
    Ticker id: ra2f

BFP #2, EDD 12/26/14, please be our rainbow.

• I'm so sorry for your losses. Declan is a precious little guy. My ds was due in June too, June 14. We lost him in March after we were in a car accident that caused a placental abruption. I'm so glad you found this board.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• What a beautiful baby boy...i am so sorry for your loss. Declan is a beautiful name ((((hugs)))

Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image image

My Blog

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

BFP# 1 7/7/12 Beautiful DD born still at 36 weeks 5 days on 3/2/13
    Diagnosed with PCOS in 2005. Started Metformin July 2013

BFP # 2 8/7/14 EDD 4/22/15
    Please be our rainbow!!

**All AL Welcome**

• SandyEggo5SandyEggo5 member
    edited June 2014
    ***siggy warning***

I am so sorry for the loss of your son, Declan. He is beautiful. Our son was due in July and we lost him 1 month ago today at 32 weeks. That moment of learning your baby no longer has a heartbeat is unbearable. I wish you peace. I'm glad you have found this board, I have found it helpful and hope you do too.
    After 2+ years TTC, 1 miscarriage, & 3 failed IUI's... IVF#1 worked! DD born 2012
    2013 FET#1: BFP, but we lost the baby at 12 weeks
    2013 FET#2: BFN
    2014 FET#3: BFP, but our sweet baby was born sleeping at 33 weeks
    IVF#2: BFP! DD born 2015
    2017 IVF#3: BFN
    2017 IVF#4: BFN
    1st Dx = Unexplained IF, 2017 Dx = DOR
  • I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful boy Declan. Thank you for letting us see pictures. Lean on your husband & those around you. Be gentle on yourself & claim space for grieving. 

I hope that you are physically starting to feel better. I also lost a full term baby & that was a hard thing in the beginning - to deal with the milk coming & the stitches in addition to the emotional strife.

We are here for whatever you need.  

• I am sorry for the loss of your son. He is adorable. My son was stillborn in February because of a maternal fetal hemmorage at 39 1/2 weeks. 

We are here for you if you need us. I'm sure it doesn't seem possible now, but it does get better.
    Abigail Grace 9/7/10
    Nathaniel Willis born sleeping 2/6/14
    Felicity Hope 4/6/15

• Thank you ladies for all of your kind words and support.
  • I'm so sorry for the loss of your baby boy Declan. He is so cute.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • He is beautiful. I am so very sorry for your loss. 

EDD 1/8/10 - our sweet sunshine DD born 12/30/09
    EDD 2/15/14 - Stillbirth at 21 wks 10/02/13
    EDD 8/12/15 - MMC 1/12/15
    EDD 12/24/15

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• ** siggy **

I am so sorry for the loss of your son. Those pictures are beautiful and just heartbreaking. Looking at them brings me right back to when my son was stillborn almost a year ago. I hope you can look back and enjoy all the precious memories of the time you had with him while you were pregnant. Take care of yourself, and know we have all been there too so we're here for you!

first son stillborn 7/20/13 at 39 weeks due to Acute Fatty Liver of Pregnancy
    It's a girl! Baby Anna was born August 3, 2014!

• I'm so sorry for your loss. Your son is beautiful - thank you for sharing your previous photos. I trust that this board will be a comfort to you as it has been to me. Thinking of you.
  • What a beautiful little boy--I'm so sorry for your loss. (I love the name Declan.) Sorry to welcome you here.

TTC since 10/2010
    IUIs # 1-5 = BFFN
    IVF # 1(July 2012) = BFN
    IVF # 2 (November 2012) = BFP (MIssed MC D&C @ 8w3d on 1/10/13)
    IVF # 3 (June 2013) = BFN 
    IVF # 4 (September 2013) = BFP Fraternal twin boys! (Loss at 21w6d due to IC on 1/26/14...devastated.)
    3/21/14--TAC (transabdominal cerclage) w/Dr. Davis in NJ
    IVF # 5 (May 2014) = BFN
    FET (August 2014) = BFN

• I am sorry for your loss of sweet Declan.  What a beautiful baby boy.  We also lost our daughter Juliana to an umbilical cord accident at 36 weeks.  I am so so sorry you have to go through this pain. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Wow, Declan is such a beautiful baby boy. I'm so very sorry that this happened to you guys. Our losses were just 5 days apart. It's not easy now but I believe it will get easier in time. So sorry we have to be here :(
  • I am so sorry for your loss. Your son is beautiful. Know that we are here whenever you need us.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Me: 32 DH: 33  High School Sweethearts  Married 5/28/2005
    DS1 born 6/5/10 at 40 weeks via emergency c-section due to fetal distress and IUGR caused by placental insufficiency
    DS2 born still 8/28/13 at 32 weeks via emergency c-section due to a complete placental abruption - cause unknown
    Baby #3 on the way, EDD 2/29/16.  Originally twins, but we said goodbye to Baby B at 8 weeks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"