May 2014 Moms

I need to put her down

I don't know if me having scoliosis has anything to do with it, but hold LO so much is really hurting my back. Even in a wrap. I wore her today and she slept for about 30 minutes and then woke up all fussy. So I put her under her gym and started cleaning the bathroom. The pacifier works for a good minute before she spits it out. She wasn't hysterically crying so I just finished the bathroom up and then grabbed her. I just don't have enough hands to hold her to keep her from crying and get things done. That isn't even the real issue. It's really hurting my back. It's gotten so bad that I can't even safely bed share with her. She basically has to be skin to skin in order for her to sleep and I don't want to risk anything. What are my options?! I need to put her down.

It's a BOY

Re: I need to put her down

• If I don't respond immediately it's because I'm holding her and she squirms and wants to move so I have to have both hands so she doesn't hurt herself

It's a BOY

• I have no ideas for you but I'm going trough the same thing. I don't have scoliosis, but I have severe lower back and hip pain on my left side. It's terrible. I can hardly sit with her. Long periods of time are killing me. I originally thought the pain was just from pregnancy and the added weight on my joints and would be gone when I had the baby. But I have lost all the weight and it's still absolutely terrible. Maybe worse than before! I am going to ask my OB at the follow up this Wednesday and if she can't help I'll follow up with my PCP. I'm absolutely miserable!
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah its hurting as I'm sitting down typing this. I feel like I need to lay down and stretch out

It's a BOY

• ns1ns1 member
    I'm sorry for you. All I can do is commiserate. Sometimes the bouncy seat works for us, but other than that DS wants to be held too. DH gives me breaks here and there, and taking it easy on the couch helps. But other than that I have nothing. I hope you find some solutions!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm with you! My LO always wants to be held, standing and bouncing. I recently started seeing a chiropractor and it's helped a ton. I was never into a chiro but I was desperate and a friend recommended. Also, pp backs are often sore due to weak abdominal muscles. Not only are our back muscles working hard holding baby, chances are the ab muscles aren't helping much causing additional stress on the back. After my 6wk pp appt I started doing planks when I can to help strengthen my abs/core and I think that's helped too.

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • What carrier are you using? Sometimes the wrong one can make an already present ailment worse. Or the wrong method of wrapping.

Also, is there someone to hold her while you do what you need to? My midwife told me that even if he cries you have to take care of yourself sometimes. That scared the crap out of DH but he's getting the hang of soothing DS now and keeping him entertained while I shower/pee/run out for a moment.
  • What carrier are you using? Sometimes the wrong one can make an already present ailment worse. Or the wrong method of wrapping.

Also, is there someone to hold her while you do what you need to? My midwife told me that even if he cries you have to take care of yourself sometimes. That scared the crap out of DH but he's getting the hang of soothing DS now and keeping him entertained while I shower/pee/run out for a moment.
    @florassecret‌ - super good point on the carrier! I had a bjorn and it was killing me. Got a lillibaby and it's made a huge difference.

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Do you have a swing? Put it on full blast. If not, can you do what you need to do when she's sleeping? When she's awake you can play with her on the floor or hold her sitting down? We put DS on the couch for his nap in our family room which is right by the kitchen/laundry room. If he wakes after 20-30 min I spend time trying to get him back to sleep. Usually he is still tired. I have also gone for a drive and then brought the car seat inside so he will keep sleeping. Good luck! You get good at doing things with one arm! :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • She loves my moby wrap. I've wrapped her several times in it. We've gone for walks, to the mall, shopping ext. and she falls asleep. She has never indicated that she didn't like it. In fact, I will put her in it and clean the house and she will look around on lala land or fall asleep. I just set her in her bassinet and cleaned my room (well vacuumed ) while she screamed and cried. Then I held her and rocked her. No one is here to help me as dh works nights and nights is when it's the worst

It's a BOY

• I have no advice, just commiseration. I also have moderate scoliosis and wearing baby had been killing me as well. She's also one that wants to be up moving vs just sitting and cuddling. After I see the OB for my follow up this week I'm hoping to get cleared to start working out and doing strength exercises for my back. Lots of stretching helps also.
  • I just starts working out again @mollynicole214‌ . I do a very heavy back work out on purpose to strengthen it. But so far I have only gotten one in. I'm praying it helps.

It's a BOY

• Try to be aware of how you're sitting when you feed her / hold her etc. My back was really bothering me (well, partly because of my super fucked up epidural ordeal) and I found that if I used more pillows/sat a different way it was a lot better. I spend a lot of time on the couch, ha.

I hope you feel better. Being a mommy is tough.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I'm alwayssssssss on the couch. What pain are you feeling from your epi? Because I have had this pain in my back every since my epi wore off and it won't go away. It's on my right side

It's a BOY

• They attempted mine 3x and drew out spinal fluid twice...which then meant there wasn't enough fluid around my brain and through my spine. Worst pain of my life. It was seriously crippling, I couldn't sit up or stand. I was back in the hospital for 5 days 2 days after LO was born :(

(Part of why I've been MIA around here)
    BabyFruit Ticker

• QOTRQOTR member
    I'm using my foam roller when I can for a quick self massage and to pop my back. It helps but I'm really looking forward to a proper massage sometime soon hopefully!
    Me-41, Hubby-40.
    1st BFP-8/17/12!  Missed Miscarriage discovered @ 8 week US.  D&C.
    2nd BFP-2/13/13!  Blighted Ovum discovered @ 8 week US. Natural miscarriage.
    3rd BFP-5/22/13!  By early June, progesterone plummeting.  Another loss.
    August 2013 - started Donor Egg process, but surprise BFP with my own eggs.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • @talkthewholetime‌ they also tried mine 3 times and it wore off every two hours. The little button never worked for me either. I ended up getting a cocktail of other drugs in my iV and ended up laborig naturally for two hours before she popped out

It's a BOY

• 1. Get a maid to clean the bathroom. 

I have no real advice, my back never stops hurting.  But thats not new... :(

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"