November 2014 Moms

The good, the bad, the scary

The Bad: My OB is MOVING in August. How do you just start seeing a new OB at 7 months!?!
The scary: I have to have a second a/s. "They didn't see what they like to see in the heart" I know my OB is trying to not scare me until there is a reason for me to worry, but guys I'm worried!!!!!!!!
The good: (we will end on a good note) daddy got to feel baby girl kick today! It was an amazing ending to a hard day!
Anniversary
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: The good, the bad, the scary

• Loading the player...
  • Fingers crossed for an all-clear second ultrasound! They had trouble at first visualizing everything they needed to with our bean's heart. Luckily the tech had extra time as it was the end of the day and she just had me walk around and roll on the table to try to get things going, but we were super close to having to go back. Will be sending you all kinds of positive thoughts until you get an update!
  • FX for a great follow up!
  • First of all, yay for DH feeling the first kick. It was a special moment for us when my DH felt LO too. And don't worry about having to go back for another scan. We almost had to as well as LO wouldn't turn around for the tech to get a look at the heart, but she did in the end. Also, like pp suggested, maybe switch OB now so you have more time to get to know the new OB?
    DH & Me 33 ~ Married 2013 ~ DD 2014 ~ EDD 8/24/19
  • FX that the follow up goes well. As others have said hopefully they just need a better view and the baby will cooperate a little better this time. That's annoying about having to find a new OB! But yay about DH feeling the LO kick :)
  • In the same boat needing a repeat a/s due to not being able to see the heart. The doctors reassured me that it was due to baby's position and that everything else looked great, so I'm not too worried. Fx for you!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm sorry that you have to find a new OB. Do you like anyone in your current OB's practice? FX that baby girl is more cooperative next time and they can get a great view of a hopefully perfect heart. 
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• FX for a great follow up!!
    Yay for dad feeling kicks!!
  • Yay for baby kicks! Fx for good news on the second a/s.
    Bfp #1: 2/20/2014 Baby girl born on 11/3/2014
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    nov 2014 

• Fingers crossed for the second A/S!

• It sounds like maybe they meant they just couldn't see what they needed to? Either way I hope the follow-up goes well.

I would ask your OB if they have anyone they recommend you to see when they move. I think that would be a good place to start the hunt. :)
  • Yay for kicks!  FX for your next a/s, although I'm certain everything will be just great :) (AND you get to see LO again!).  I too am on the 'find a new OB now' bandwagon.
  • rox825rox825 member
    Sorry you have to find a new OB and get a 2nd A/S, hope that you get good news then!

TTC since Sept 2011, Unexplained IF
    Oct 12 - Jan 14: 3 clomid/TI cycles, 2 hysteroscopies, 2 IUIs, 1 BFP (MMC @ 12w), 2 more IUIs
    Feb 14: Gonal-f + IUI #5 = BFP! (EDD 11/4/14)
    Baby boy arrived 11/13/14!

• The Bad: My OB is MOVING in August. How do you just start seeing a new OB at 7 months!?!
    The scary: I have to have a second a/s. "They didn't see what they like to see in the heart" I know my OB is trying to not scare me until there is a reason for me to worry, but guys I'm worried!!!!!!!!
    The good: (we will end on a good note) daddy got to feel baby girl kick today! It was an amazing ending to a hard day!

Don't be worried. Lots of people have to have repeat a/s because the LO isn't in the position to get all the views and measurements they need. I had to have another one with DD because they couldn't get all the views of the heart. Then at the repeat they couldn't get all her facial views so I had to do another. Just look at it as an opportunity to get to see your beautiful baby again and don't worry till there is something seen to cause worry.

On the OB news that sucks. Personally if it were my OB I think I would have the repeat a/s then start looking for a new OB. I wouldn't wait till 7 months along.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Prayers everything turns out okay!
    Baby "H" due November 7
    Fur mommy to Layla
    June 25, 2012image
  • She is already a princess needing all the attention :)

• Hope all goes well with the second A/S!!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers  image

• FX for a great follow up!  {{hugs}}
  • Fingers crossed the follow-up ultrasound goes well!
    imageimage

• Hopefully they just needed a better view, fx for a good follow up.

I've known people who have switched OBs as late as 33 weeks, but it was hard so I'd say try to switch sooner than later.

Pregnancy Ticker

• mamatohnemamatohne member
    edited July 2014
    Thanks everyone. As far as the new OB goes they will transition me to one of the three others in the practice. I will meet all of them at my next appointment. If I don't care for them I have someone in mind I will see. I'm really sad, I love her!

She didn't really explain when I asked what it meant about the heart. She basically said we just need another look.

I'm trying to not think about it, but you all know how that goes!
    Thanks again everyone.
    Eta: I'm calling to schedule my appointment today
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • That really stinks about your OB moving especially if you are on the same page with everything.  Hopefully they recommand you to someones just as good.  That's awesome that your Hubby felt some kicks. 

Sending good thoughts your way that everything will turn out great with the 2nd A/S

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  DIStickerscom Ticker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Hopefully they just need a better view.  I am in the same boat as you I am in the process of trying to get a new OB since we are moving.  I would start looking now, because you don't know how long it will take for them to get you in.  
    Lilypie - Personal picture    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie - Personal picture    
  • I hope the second A/S goes well!
    ~~Signature~~
    Me: 36, DH: 38, Together since: 2006, Married: 9/2011 
    **TW Living Child**

BFP 9/19/20 - EDD - 6/1/21

BFP 2/2014 - DS - 10/2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"