December 2014 Moms

Recommend: Baby Sling

I am starting with the registry process and feeling like my head is about to explode with all the various options (and reading about the options/things to consider).  

So let's start small... baby sling.  What are you using?  What do you recommend?  Any that you don't recommend?

Test

Re: Recommend: Baby Sling

• I think a lot of people on here have said they like the Ergo and the K'Tan.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • ZAP12ZAP12 member
    edited June 2014
    I loved the Maya wrap and my Ergo. I still use both and my daughter is 2. The maya wrap is especially good for little ones and the ergo is comfy with lots of padding for me so my shoulders don't hurt.

I wasn't a fan of the moby. It takes too long to put it on, it's hot with all the fabric, and you can't wear it past a certain weight because it stretches.
    Baby Z: 5/21/12

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

**December 2014 September Siggy Challenge - Favorite Thing About Fall - Fall Leaves and Apple Cider**
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I just purchased a brand new Ergo on ebay for $60 so I'm hoping I like it. I never used a carrier with DS but I'm guessing with a toddler to chase and a newborn to carry I'm going to want a carrier this time around.

D14 November Siggy Challenge: The feels of 3rd trimester...

imageimageimage

• I have a Boba wrap I plan to use while he's little. I'll probably get an Ergo of some varietal when he's bigger.
    Trying to grow our family with both fertility treatments and adoption since March 2009 
    IUIs#1-4 = BFN, IVF#1 = c/p, IVF#2 = OHSS, FET#1=BFP
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Amanda&jayAmanda&jay member
    edited June 2014
    I may be the only only one who finds the ergo uncomfortable on the back of my arms (rubs) when wearing on the front. It is very easy to use though. A lot of areas have groups where you can rent or borrow carriers to see what works for you.

Eta bc I can't spell anymore!
  • nashambernashamber member
    edited June 2014

I've purchased the Solly Baby Wrap for friends and they can't imagine life without it. The company is made up of a husband and wife team, and their product is amazing.

Check out their website: www.sollybaby.com

• I love my Becco Gemini.  I still use it with my 20 month DD!!  We did not begin using it until she was about 6 months though, so I am not sure about it for infant use.
    BFP#1 4/8/2012 DD born at 35 weeks on 11/10/12
    BFP#2 11/13, Ectopic diagnosed 12/6/13, Tube and Ectopic Removal 12/16/13 
    BFP#3 3/14, Natural M/C 3/18/14 
    BFP#4 4/18/14, heard heart beat (164) 5/14/14, EDD 12/25/14

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I love my MobyD wrap for the squishy stage, and then I use woven wraps (NatiBaby being my favorite brand). I also have a HugMe ring sling that is no longer made, which I really like. Most wrap "stores" carry Woven Wrap Ring Sling conversion.

As for the Ergo/Tula/SSC- for newborns, and young infants you'll need the infant insert to make sure they are up high enough. DONT BUY ONE! Roll up receiving blankets under their bums, that way when the inevitable poop leakage happens you can just switch out blankets and keep wearing instead of having to wash the insert constantly.

I'm working on becoming a baby wearing educator with Baby Wearing International, so PM me if there is any way I can (unofficially) help :)

I'm not hungry, I'm HUUUNNNNNGGGRRRRRYYYY! NOW!

Dec 2014 Dec Siggy, Free For All

Big E- 2008

Miss M- 2011

Baby Z- 2012

Baby Smoosh, Due Dec 2014

• I loved my Maya when DS was really little. When he started getting squirmier we switched to the Ergo and still use that for hiking, etc.

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• My absolute favorite carrier is the Maya ring sling. I still wear my toddler with it. It's worth the cost and the babes fit so snuggly. Next on my favorites is the Boba or Moby, especially for the newborn stage. For when they get older, I really love the Mei Tai or Kinderpack.
    Mommy to Emery Vera 5.20.12  Blog
  • caden1206caden1206 member
    edited July 2014
    For newborns I recommend a k'tan, ring sling, or Moby. If you do get an Ergo for a newborn you need a newborn insert. For babies that have good head control SSCs are great. I like Tulas the best over Ergo. What I think are the most versatile for any age are ring slings and woven wraps. Woven wraps have a bit of a learning curve, but nothing YouTube videos can't help.
  • I have a many and will be buying a Sakura Bloom ring sling, a Tula and a woven wrap. I suggest looking into your local Babywearing International chapter and checking out a meeting to try on stuff and ask questions.

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"