Pregnant after a Loss

PgAL Brain in full effect: 3 days to go for 7wk US

So, this first ultrasound is always where we get the bad news (twice before this is where it ended).  Every ache, every gas bubble this week is making me think we are going into another failure.  DH even emailed me today to see how I'm doing and he admitted that everytime the phone rings at work he thinks it's going to be me with bad news. 

It doesn't help that I'm tired from only getting four hours of sleep last night thanks to thunderstorms and a terrified furbaby, and I've already pulled a 12 hour day.  Tomorrow looks like it will be a repeat of today.

I'm trying to use some of the mantras "I'm pregnant until someone tells me I'm not" and "this baby deserves to be celebrated and not be worried about every minute", but I'm epically failing at that.

We are also supposed to go camping with friends for the long holiday weekend right after the u/s appointment.  I'm terrified that there will be bad news and I will be a total train wreck for the weekend at a relatively remote site.

T&P's, funny stories, whatever would be appreciated.  Thanks for getting this far...I feel so far from myself right now.

Re: PgAL Brain in full effect: 3 days to go for 7wk US

• The first few weeks are impossibly hard. For me, I tried to distract myself with Netflix (Friday Night Lights...I love me some T Riggins), fun dinners with MH, napping, etc. In some ways, it's good that you are so busy with work right now - any distraction, no matter how mundane, can help.

Its hard not to get overwhelmed with the experience and worrying about the outcome but the PgAL mantras can be a big help in pushing out the negative thoughts and trying to calm down. (((Hugs))).

Pregnancy Ticker

BFP 5/19/2013. MC 7/2/2013 (9w6d) with est. loss at 8w. Miso 7/3/2013 and emergency D & C 7/6/2013.

BFP#2 11/6/2013.  CP 11/14/2013.  

BFP #3 12/13/2013.  Beta #1 @ 15dpo- 239. Progesterone 27.  Beta #2 @17dpo - 90.  CP 12/21/2013

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.  -Philippians 4:6-7

All PgAL and PAL welcome.

• So many hugs to you! Waiting for this appt must be so difficult. In the earliest days of this pregnancy when I was most panicked, it helped me a bit to remind myself that it is ok to be scared - being scared doesn't actually mean anything will turn out badly, just like thinking of the worst won't make it more likely. I hope you get wonderful news at your appt and have a great celebratory trip with your friends!

You also said funny stories might help so here is my latest preggo brain goof up:

I wore my sweater inside out to teach several college classes (and it was wildly obvious!) And then I did it again a couple of weeks later. The absent minded prof is real.

Baby GIRL born 12/11/14!!
    MC @ 8 wks 7/6/13 - ectopic @ 6 wks 12/28/13

In loving memory of sweet baby HP, and all our angel babies. Forever in our hearts.image 

• Loading the player...
  • FX for good news for you!  I imagine I will be feeling the same next week before my US.  Breath deeply. You will get there.

BFP #1 11/02/13, EDD 07/04/14, BO diagnosed 12/12/13 at 9w5d
    BFP #2 6/12/14, DD born 2/21/15

• jcar2 said:

Here's something for you. DH and I just killed time and died laughing at the same time. He had pandora up and was listening to Jim Gaffigan. So hilarious.

Yes, gaffigan is great. So is mike birbiglia, especially if you can find his sleepwalking story.
    Baby GIRL born 12/11/14!!
    MC @ 8 wks 7/6/13 - ectopic @ 6 wks 12/28/13

In loving memory of sweet baby HP, and all our angel babies. Forever in our hearts.image 

• Thanks for the suggestions ladies!  I've already added Gaffigan and Birbiglia to my YouTube subscriptions.  Something funny is always good to get the mind off things. (I've already watched a few!) 

If you want something parent related check out Samuel L. Jackson's reading of "Go the F to Sleep".  If you don't like the F word, this one isn't for you, but it puts me in stiches everytime I see it!

@smcniff I will be hoping that this craziness passes you by prior to your appointment next week!

@megbmeg I was thinking something similiar...just because I think it, doesn't make it so.  However, that really goes against the visualize it and become it theory that everyone talks about in the professional world.  :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"