December 2014 Moms
Options

Harmony Test- No Result?

Has anyone else had the Harmony test and not gotten a result? I was told I had low fetal DNA and that they have to redraw my blood. I was 12w1d when they did my blood draw.

I hope that since this will be my second draw they will fast track me and I will get my results sooner!!!

BabyFruit Ticker

Favorite Teen Crush: Zach Morris

My special Little Lady

Re: Harmony Test- No Result?

• Options
    I am sorry - I did not have that happen.  I am sorry you have to retake the test, hopefully this time they can get your results sooner!
  • Options
    I remember someone having a similiar situation where they had to re-draw blood.  I can't remember the specific test that they were using (Harmony, Panorama, etc)

Test
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sorry you have to retake the test. We also did the Harmony test, and our genetic counselor said that it was a possibility for us to not have enough to test with, since we were 12w0d on our draw. She said if there wasn't enough, they would redo the blood draw at no charge a bit later on in the pregnancy, since while they can do the test from 10 weeks on, 12 weeks is still pretty early. We spent a good 2 minutes of our appointment chanting at my belly, "Wiggle, slough, wiggle, slough!" to encourage the baby to provide enough DNA for the sample. :P

We were lucky in that there was enough and we got our results in 9 calendar days.

GL, and I hope next time's the charm!
    BabyFruit Ticker       
    DD1 - 8 years
    DD2 - 6 years
    BFP3 - 3/31/14, Harmony Test 6/5/14 - It's a BOY!

• Options
    bombe4bombe4 member
    Thanks, guys! I'm going in today to retest. Hoping this one will do the trick since I am one day shy of 14 weeks.

BabyFruit Ticker

Favorite Teen Crush: Zach Morris

My special Little Lady
  • Options
    Yeah I remember someone else on these boards with that same issue. GL
  • Options
    I had the harmony test drawn twice(11 weeks and 13 weeks) and both times it came back with not enough fetal DNA. My genetic counselor is not worried. She says this happens in some women. I did opt for the sequential screen and that came back perfect.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"