July 2014 Moms

Best rear window sunshade?

Anyone have recommendations for a sunshade for the rear window? I could just do two smaller ones, but wanted to see what else was out there.

Re: Best rear window sunshade?

• Do you mean the back passenger windows or the very back rear window? If you are talking about the very back window, I wouldn't think that is very safe to put any kind of sunshade on because that can limit your ability to see out the back...I may be wrong here but that's just my opinion.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Maybe it's just me but that's a very weird question for a BMB...
  • Loading the player...
  • jensaviccijensavicci member
    edited June 2014

Maybe it's just me but that's a very weird question for a BMB...

No, it's not.  Not when you've driven across the country with a baby in the car and the sun is right in their eyes and their screaming and can't fall asleep because of it.

OP, I don't know what the best one is.  The one we had kinda sucked.  It had suction cups and I couldn't roll the window down ever, it also kept falling off.  It was kind of annoying.  My new car has built in ones, but I was really annoyed with the suction cuppy one.

-------------------

I'm thinking house. Not car. Like what kind of sunshade works best for the rear window of our house. Car never even crossed my mind til I read lowerygirl's comment. My apologies.
  • Thanks. Yes, the very back rear window. I am worried since our baby will be rear facing with sun in his/her face. I am trying to limit sun exposure. They do make them. The ones on amazon got mixed reviews due to the suction cups. I have a chicco 30 car seat. I would have my windows uv tinted but I don't plan on keeping this car more than a 1.5 years
  • I'm glad someone asked this. My car windows aren't tinted & it would be a waste to spend the money since I'm getting a new/different vehicle in 6 mo or so.
    Hopefully someone has some good suggestions. They aren't expensive, but there's a lot to choose from!
  • I agree the suction cup ones are crap for the most part. Got the window cling kind that @mustangholly‌ described for this time around.
  • Totally agree, don't get the suction ones! They are straight, our windows are curved and wouldn't stay attached, couldn't roll the windows down. I don't think I even got to use them before they stayed on the car floor too long and were destroyed- they would fall off minutes after I started down the road.
    imageimage"">

• I think like PP said, the cling ones are the best option. Other types tend to become projectiles in an accident which is why they don't recommend them (plus in general they tend to suck staying put, I think).
  • Ours were Eddie Bauer brand from target. I've had them on since DS1 was a newborn and have experienced 0 issues with them personally.
  • I have these on my rear windows, although not the actual back window. Unfortunately, DS1 got curious and pulled the one down that was on his window and I just haven't put it back up. It stayed up well until he pulled on it. We tried the suction cup kind before, and they were horrible.

• We have these Eddie Bauer sticker like shades on our windows and I love them! They stay on, block the shade, and I am still able to roll down the window if I want. We also have similar ones to these in DH's truck but they are the Britax brand but I have noticed that they peel off a little so I would definitely suggest the Eddie Bauer
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"