Breastfeeding

Breastfeeding Carrier

Hi ladies,
Mobile bumping so forgive me if this has been recently discussed. I have an Ergo but am looking for another option to discreetly and easily breastfeed baby on the go. Does anyone have experience with this and can you recommend a carrier? Anyone have experience with a Moby wrap in particular? Or the Peanut shell sling?
Thanks in advance!
Married since April 2011-Homeowners since January 2012-TTC since June 2012
Welcomed DS June 2014

Re: Breastfeeding Carrier

• Up until LO had good head control, I had the best luck nursing LO in a woven wrap (not a stretchy wrap like the moby though).  I only have experience with that and the Ergo, and as PP said, the Ergo is really good for when LO has good head control.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    DS born 6/2013
  • I used the Moby and really liked it. Now, though, I just stop and sit somewhere and nurse with the cover: LO used to take ~40 minutes to nurse, but now it's down to 10. IMO, it's easier to just sit down for 10 minutes than it is to juggle a 8.5 month old while walking around nursing.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the info ladies! I have an Ergo and it's great to hear that I can use it to BF in a few months (DS is 4wks). I also ended up ordering a Moby this afternoon and will see how that goes. I'm sure that it is easier to stop and nurse once DS is bigger! I have mastered standing and nursing with a cover and would like to figure out how to shop while doing this ;)
    Married since April 2011-Homeowners since January 2012-TTC since June 2012
    Welcomed DS June 2014

• Up until LO had good head control, I had the best luck nursing LO in a woven wrap (not a stretchy wrap like the moby though).  I only have experience with that and the Ergo, and as PP said, the Ergo is really good for when LO has good head control.
    What carries did you do that were good for nursing?  I just got a woven and I'm learning.  Thank you!
    My Blog
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

TTC #1 since February 2011
    Me: 29 (3/5/13- high NK cells)  DH: 28 (5/8/12- MFI low morph and motility)
    Cycle #21 (IUI#1), Cycle #22 (HSG 9/21/12) and Cycle #23 (IUI#2)=  image
    Cycle #24- December Snow Bunny IVF #1
    ER 12/6/12 (14R, 11M, 9F), ET 12/9/12 transferred 2 day 3 embies
    Bleeding and low betas=very cautious image C/P 5W3D
    Cycle #26 March Lucky Duck- FET #1
    scheduled 3/20/13- CANCELLED- lining issues
    Cycle #27 May Emerald- FET #1.2
    delayed- Starting Trental for 3 months + natural cycles Cycle #28-30=  image
    Cycle #31 August Shooting Star- FET #1.3 
    transferred 1 hatching blast 8/21/13= imageBetas 8/30 (108) and 9/3 (565)

U/S 9/19/13- HR is 128!  U/S #2 10/4/13- HR is 174!
    It's a BOY!

• flclflcl member
    I have a Tula and have found it to be really convenient for nursing when we're on the go.  I just loosen the straps a little, pop a boob out for LO, and am completely covered the entire time.  I just couldn't figure out how to nurse in the moby without having to stop, adjust/retie, etc...

I don't have a lot of experience with the carrier but my friend loved nursing in her Koala Kin.  She said it was a nursing cover/carrier.

• @jschwind22 - I only really used the front wrap cross carry to nurse (and really at all - there were so many to pick from, so I just picked one, it worked, so I stuck with it).  In order to nurse, I had to loosen the wrap and kind of jiggle LO down to sit low enough to where his head was on the right level, and then re-tighten after.

BabyFetus Ticker
    DS born 6/2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"