February 2015 Moms
Options

ANOTHER UPDATE Update on US...don't think it's good

kelmatt08kelmatt08 member
edited July 2014 in February 2015 Moms
*UPDATE: got the results from the blood test today. Hcg is 1175. Nurse says that is reassuring as it puts me at 4-5 weeks which matches what we saw today. But I know you can't tell anything with one test. Have another test wed and praying it doubles. I still don't get how it could be that far off bit praying I ovulated or implanted late. Thank you for your support and prayers...it means a lot.

Just had my first US. Based on LMP I should be 6w2d. They found the gestational sac which is measuring "perfectly for 5 weeks." The nurse said not to freak out I could just be a week early, and that if I ovulated late or implanted late even a few days that would explain it. But I'm freaking out. LMP was 5/17. I got a smiley on OPK on 5/30 and DTD 5/30-6/2. I suck at math and don't really understand the calculations here but it seems to me like I should be 6 weeks based on when I think I ovulated. I've already been freaking out because I really have no symptoms and took one of those weeks predictor tests this past weekend and it still said 2-3. I know that is after ovulation but it's just not adding up. I just had a MMC in March/April and I feel like it's happening again.

Re: ANOTHER UPDATE Update on US...don't think it's good

• Options
    Just remain calm. Everything will be ok. The fact that you aren't experiencing symptoms is normal. Your hormones fluctuate something fierce during the first trimester. Your doc, and u/s are probably right, that you ovulated late or implantated late. Just because you get a smiley on an OPK doesn't mean that you ACTUALLY ovulated then. It only reads the LH surge, which will happen with or without an egg dropping, even on time. It happens, especially if you have some irregularities in your cycle. Happened to me more than once and I would have sworn I was pregnant, but in fact I just didn't ovulate there by my body didn't throw itself into AF and I ended up skipping a month. Just relax, sit back, and enjoy the lack of symptoms while it lasts because they are right around the corner.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I am sorry you are having a rough time! Hopefully you just ovulated a few days later :) are they doing a repeat ultrasound in a week or so? It's awful not knowing!

BFP 5/21/10, Missed m/c 7/5/10 at 11w3d (baby measured 7wks), D&C 7/7/10

Aug/Sept 2010 - CD3&10 b/w & u/s, genetic testing, SA, HSG, & Lap/Hyst to remove septum

12/09/10 BFP -- 7/05/11 DS born at 33w5d. Came home after 23d in NICU at 37w0d

June 2012 - TTC #2! -- 10/05/12 BFP --  5/23/13 DS2 born at 37w1d! Yay full term!

Surprise BFP 6/25/14 LO#3 due Feb2015!

imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    lcwedlcwed member
    I'm sorry you are going through this.  It's tough when you can't confirm ovulation with charting.  Remember that you can get a positive OPK at least 2 days before ovulation maybe more and if you ovulated later, even by a few days, like the doctor said that would put you in the 5 week period.  Don't focus on the predictors, those are not accurate as they only measure HCG levels.  If you have low levels, then it would read it as the early stages.  Also, your lack of symptoms may suggest that your body produces low HCG levels.  I never had a lot of symptoms with my first and everything was great.  Hope some of this may help. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Me 36 DH 39

DD 3/29/12
                      BFP 6/4/14 ~ MMC 7/7/14 ~ D&C 7/15/14            
    BFP 11/28/14 ~ MMC  12/29/14    

TTCAL Siggy Challenge

• Options
    Its so hard not to freak out but try to remain calm for your own sake. I'm been around the boards a lot and seen this happen a lot with very good outcomes. Hell when i was pregnant with my 4 year old i was told i had a miscarriage because i thought i was 7 weeks and i was really 5.5. (ER drs suck at baby stuffs)

Did they schedule another u/s in 2 weeks.
    -------------------------------
    Sarah, 35 bumping from NE Ohio
    Married my love 4/22/2006
    DD born 10/12/2009
    DS born sleeping 2/23/2013 full trisomy 18
    Baby 3 due 2/13/2015
    Pregnancy Ticker}
  • Options
    I didn't ovulate until CD 21 the month I got pregnant, so don't worry--might have just ovulated late.  Were you also tracking your temp or just using the OPK?
  • Options
    Thank you. I'm really trying to stay positive, but it's hard.
  • Options
    I was only using OPK. They scheduled blood test for today and Wednesday to check hcg. Then I have a follow-up ultrasound next week. I am trying to stay positive.
  • Options
    good plan.  Hopefully you just ovulated late.  If I hadn't been temping, I would probably not have known mine was so delayed.
  • Options
    Just remain calm. Everything will be ok. The fact that you aren't experiencing symptoms is normal. Your hormones fluctuate something fierce during the first trimester. Your doc, and u/s are probably right, that you ovulated late or implantated late. Just because you get a smiley on an OPK doesn't mean that you ACTUALLY ovulated then. It only reads the LH surge, which will happen with or without an egg dropping, even on time. It happens, especially if you have some irregularities in your cycle. Happened to me more than once and I would have sworn I was pregnant, but in fact I just didn't ovulate there by my body didn't throw itself into AF and I ended up skipping a month. Just relax, sit back, and enjoy the lack of symptoms while it lasts because they are right around the corner.
    This! There were plenty of cycles when I got a smiley face (LH surge), then didn't get a temperature rise, so I kept measuring and got another smiley face a week later. I know it is easier said than done, but try to relax unless you have more evidence that something is wrong..I think your plan to try to stay positive is a good one. :-)
    BabyFruit Ticker    image

F15 December Siggy Challenge:
    Holiday Decorations Fail
  • Options
    Thank you everyone. I'm really trying to just relax and I'm praying a lot. I hope to know one way or the other after the second blood test. Hoping we are just off by a week.
  • Options
    agt104agt104 member
    Don't worry I had an IUI and timed it from that date...we were stil a week off :) My OBsaid sometimes the swimmers just take their time lol! Totally normal
    Only one Love 
    Born in June, three weeks early 

• Options
    Don't put too much stock in the OPK. Please keep us updated on your bloodwork.
    F15 December Siggy Challenge: Holiday Decoration Fails

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Natalie Ann is on her way!
     BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Don't freak out regarding symptoms.  I didn't really have much until I was well into my 6th week. It's also possible that you ovulated later than you thought.  A few days can make a huge difference in how things grow/measure.  FX for good news at your next appt!! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"