December 2013 Moms

Insect repellent

Rec your favorite baby-safe bug spray here.
Lilypie - (V9Ze)

Re: Insect repellent

• I used Badger during a recent vacation. He didn't get any bites, but the bugs weren't that bad (I was also using it and I got a bunch, but I think all from the first day of vacation when I didn't use it? But then I couldn't tell if I was getting new ones...) I really didn't like the smell - more lemongrass than citronella, so I felt like I had tom yum soup on my legs! - but I think that comes with the territory.
  • anakahanakah member

I've used the CA Baby and Off Family with Picaridin as the active ingredient instead of DEET. 

• Loading the player...
  • sweett11 said:
    My pediatrician said that all bug spray is safe at this point just to make sure she gets a bath that night. That being said, I'm going to try the skin so soft/baby oil option first but I also bought the gentle family version of Off.

This really works great!  When I was a kid we went camping up in Northern MN for a family reunion. Mom left her bottle of the original Avon oil out on the picnic table overnight. It was covered in dead mosquitos the next morning.

Whatever people use.. avoid use on hands & feet if your LO is a hand/foot eater!

I haven't used anything up til now, but now that he is 6 mo old & should be ok to use sunscreen, I will probably try my deet free sunscreen/mosquito guard I use on DS1. (Sorry I cannot think of the name of it & canot find it online. I got it at Walmart.)

My 2 December boys

• We use the Honest Co bug spray and have really liked it!
    imageimageimage

Sebastian: March 3, 2010

2nd Tri Angel Baby: November 2012

McKenna: December 2, 2013

• Thanks for all the suggestions, ladies!
    Lilypie - (V9Ze)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"