Cloth Diapering

Diagnose my leaks!

Dang it! 2 years trouble free. E is suddenly leaking through her Freetimes at nap and overnight. At first I blamed it on her getting older (almost 2) and holding it for longer. But today, she had pee drip right down her leg while standing up.
The diaper was wet, but not soaked. They smell pretty strongly of CJs. The nanny swears she isn't using it at very change, and only uses a tiny amount. But... She has gone through a whole tub in a month.
So does CJs build up? Or are the diapers not getting clean? What do I do? Hot water strip? Help save my Freetimes!
TTC with PCOS since November 2009
IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
beta #2 11/28 = 2055
Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
imageimageimage

Re: Diagnose my leaks!

• If start with a hot water strip.
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • CJs shouldnt build up, but there is obviously residue if your diapers smell like that. Your nanny must be wrong. We haven't gone through half a tub in a year, and for at least a couple months we WERE using it at every change. 
    Married 6/18/11
    BFP #1 10/26/12 DS born 6/30/13
    BFP #2 10/30/13 MC 11/25/13
    BFP #3 1/18/14 DS #2 born 10/7/14
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image   Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • TJ1979 said:
    Dang it! 2 years trouble free. E is suddenly leaking through her Freetimes at nap and overnight. At first I blamed it on her getting older (almost 2) and holding it for longer. But today, she had pee drip right down her leg while standing up. The diaper was wet, but not soaked. They smell pretty strongly of CJs. The nanny swears she isn't using it at very change, and only uses a tiny amount. But... She has gone through a whole tub in a month. So does CJs build up? Or are the diapers not getting clean? What do I do? Hot water strip? Help save my Freetimes!
     Are we talking a big tub here?  Cause in the last 7 months I've maybe used 1/5 of a large tub on my newest.  

I'd vote for a hot water strip.  Also check the fit.  Since it's microfiber, doesn't it need a tight fit to absorb.
  • I'm gonna say the nanny is using way too much CJ's.  What if you get her the stick of CJ's?  That way she can't really put too much on unless she digs her fingers into the stick to get more.
  • TJ1979TJ1979 member
    I thought people hated the stick?

The elastic is stretched some, but we are still getting a good fit on her.

The Freetimes are almost 2 years old, but we have a pretty big stash with pretty good rotation. They are only used daytime during the week. Usually not at all on weekends or overnight.

Should I strip them all? Or just the ones that smell like CJs?
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    imageimageimage
  • Start with the ones that smell and go from there.
    London Eye 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage

• TJ1979 said:
    I thought people hated the stick? The elastic is stretched some, but we are still getting a good fit on her. The Freetimes are almost 2 years old, but we have a pretty big stash with pretty good rotation. They are only used daytime during the week. Usually not at all on weekends or overnight. Should I strip them all? Or just the ones that smell like CJs?
    I think most people hate it because of the waste- you cant get it all out. 
    But you are already having that problem since your nanny is going through it so fast. So it might help. Maybe you could just go over it with her again, and see how much she is actually using/ show her how much she really needs.

Married 6/18/11
    BFP #1 10/26/12 DS born 6/30/13
    BFP #2 10/30/13 MC 11/25/13
    BFP #3 1/18/14 DS #2 born 10/7/14
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image   Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I like the stick.
  • Hot water strip and start adding some Oxy Clean to your washes every once in a while for the CJs. Thats what CJs says to do since it can build up with certain diapers.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • TJ1979TJ1979 member
    I did not know that @nanaosaki06‌. I will do so! I also just found out that mh switched from tide to RNG. So the combination of too much CJs and less cleaning power was too much for my Freetimes.
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    imageimageimage
  • CLLDLLCLLDLL member

CLLDLL said:

I like the stick.

TWSS

Thanks CLLDLL! I was waiting for it ;)

LLOL! I figured you were!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image imageimageimage

• This is going to sound terrible to my fellow 12-year-olds, but I have tried the stick and find it really hard and dry. Honestly! The Grovia Magic Stick is a lot easier to apply, but it also leaves a grey shadow in all my diapers except natural fibers.

• I like the stick, I keep it in my diaper bag.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"