Stay at Home Moms

Name change & Philly question & updates on DD

I just wanted to announce that I changed my name. I used to be "starearedkid" but I haven't liked that name since I chose it--so I was able to change my name to "fancynewbeesly".

Anyway, unfortunately even though we are at CHOP with Reese frequently--I am typically there by myself, and can't actually explore--and due to Reese's age, I don't feel comfortable leaving the hospital. (Even more so the one time I went to shower and she was disconnected from the IV's and I found her jumping on the hospital bed). 

But what restaurants do you recommend (preferably that deliver) to CHOP? When DH is at work, and I am here by myself---there is only so much cafeteria food I can eat---even if there cafeteria is decent. 

Reese is doing well--she cracks me up all the time. She LOVES going to CHOP. Seriously begs to go to the hospital. We are in the third phase of chemo: "interim maintenance"--which means she is in the hospital every 2 weeks for intensive chemo. It lasts 3-6 (the hospital stay; the chemo is only 24 hours). This happens 4 different times, we are in the middle of the third time. Amazingly the only real side effects of her chemotherapy have been mouth sores and a lack of appetite some days. Even more amazingly, she had a growth spurt on chemo as well---she is 37 and 3/4inches--a couple of weeks ago she was 37 and 1/4 inches! 
My daughter is my hero.

Re: Name change & Philly question & updates on DD

• Yay, glad to hear that she's growing and responding well to treatment! Is that an American Girl tutu she's wearing? If so my girls have the same one :). Such a little beauty!
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yay, glad to hear that she's growing and responding well to treatment! Is that an American Girl tutu she's wearing? If so my girls have the same one :). Such a little beauty!

She IS. My friend lives in Wisconsin and there is an outlet store there (pretty much just clothes) and she got it for Reese. Along with the doll sized cello.
    My daughter is my hero.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm no help on the restaurant thing but I'm so happy Reese is doing so well!
    She IS. My friend lives in Wisconsin and there is an outlet store there (pretty much just clothes) and she got it for Reese. Along with the doll sized cello.
    Adorable! And I have to say that thing has held up so well. My girls basically live in dress up clothes 99% of the time we're home and that one is a favorite with both and 4 years later still looks great!
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Don't know how much ethnic food you like, but here are a few suggestions with some variety.
    Beijing (Chinese food) is very close to CHOP and their website says they deliver.  https://beijingatpenn.com/  Used to eat there all the time in college...it was good.  
    Jimmy John's...Good sandwiches.  https://www.jimmyjohns.com/menu/#/

If you are able to venture out of the hospital, there should still be a bunch of food trucks on Spruce St. near 37th.  Yummy and cheap food.

Hope that helps.  Blessings on your LO.
  • Thank you so much! 

I am definitely saving this post for future stays and ideas. Unfortunately, even though I grew up in NJ--I don't know Philly at ALL. And if I don't feel comfortable knowing my way around a city, I don't try to explore it. For that reason, I almost wish Reese was being treated in NYC--which I know very well. LOL. But obviously, we go where the better doctors/hospital is. 
    My daughter is my hero.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"