Formula Feeding

Anyone supplement?

nonzerononzero member
edited June 2014 in Formula Feeding
I BF'd my first full time, but I was a SAHM with him. Now I'm working full time and I'm not 100% sure I'll be able to keep up with his needs because while I'll continue to pump three times a day at work for a year and nurse at home most likely beyond that, I can't fit in any additional pumps/extend my pumping past 15 minutes, etc., so I may need to give him a bottle or two of formula a day at daycare along with my milk. He's only four months old and already drinking everything I make the day before. I already nurse him before I leave and only leave small bottles, but he's a big boy. I was just looking for brand recommendations from anyone who does a breastmilk/formula combo! Baby's got no sensitivities that I know of, but he is a happy spitter.
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Anyone supplement?

• We supplement due to lack of supply and my LO is on Enfamil A+ and she seems to like it. It was the first one we tried and she didn't have any reaction to it and she gets excited for her bottle.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP 1.5.13 - EDD 9.5.13 - Ysabella Sofia born 9.12.13
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited June 2014
    I supplemented due to chronic low supply. K never had any issues with any brands or bottles or anything, so my formula choice was purely based in my own preference. At first i was using Gerber Good Start but I hated the smell (nasty like metal) and consistency (powdery, would clump up and not dissolve completely). So I got Enfamil Infant, just the regular kind, and it was great. Not so much metal smell and it was more granular so it disolved perfectly.

No issues whatsoever with switching between brands.
  • Loading the player...
  • When I was still BF and had to supplement we used Enfamil Gentlease. He spit up a ton on anything Similac.
  • ksimo6ksimo6 member
    We supplemented with Gerber Gentle. When my supply tanked, we moved her to it 100%. I chose it because corn strup is not the first ingredient like some of the other gentle formulas. Good luck!
    • Married 6/1/2012
    • BFP #1 - 11/17/2012 -  MC 12/10/2012
    • BFP #2 - 2/12/2013 - EDD 10/17/2013 - DD Born 10/10/2013
    • BFP #3 - 1/29/2014 - Ectopic pregnancy discovered 1/31/2014
    • BFP #4 - 9/28/2014 - EDD 6/4/2015 - DS Born 5/31/2015

• vacsx2vacsx2 member
    We supplement with Enfamil Newborn and as he's 3 months, we'll switch up to Infant. No problems with him switching back and forth from breast to bottle.

Anyone have any experience with Enfamil Supplement brand? It's newish I think.
  • vacsx2 said:
    We supplement with Enfamil Newborn and as he's 3 months, we'll switch up to Infant. No problems with him switching back and forth from breast to bottle. Anyone have any experience with Enfamil Supplement brand? It's newish I think.

I am also curious about Enfamil Supplementing. We had K overseas and there she was getting a hypoalergenic version of one of the most popular formula brands to supplement. When we came back here I ended up using regular Enfamil (after trying and hating Gerber - I talked about that a few posts up) as she was already 6-7 months old... I'm planning to use Enfamil to supplement again and I wonder if anyone has experience with the Supplementing vs Newborn type...
  • When I was breastfeeding the hospital provided us with Similac Supplement and he took it fine. We switched over to formula now though.
  • Are you looking for a conventional or organic formula? I use Baby's Only (organic) and haven't had any spit up or constipation issues. It's about $9/can.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"