Trying to Get Pregnant

Intro: Hi everyone!

Hello ladies (and gentlemen):

I've been lurking for about a week and figured i should introduce myself now.  I just turned 32, got married in May, and H and i have been together for almost 10 years.  We are ready for a baby now.

I was freaking out last week that i might not have ovulated after being on the pill for 13 years (last pill period started 5/26).  I read about temping while on my honeymoon and started that when i got back.  I had been at 98.8 from last Monday - Friday and then Saturday dropped to 98.2, had some spotting, and AF arrived on Sunday.  So i feel pretty good about concluding that i did ovulate my first month off the pill - i am just on a 34 day cycle right now.

I downloaded the FF app and am tracking my temp and other stuff on there.  No idea if my cycle will continue to be 34 days (been on the pill for so long i can't even remember what it used to be...went on the pill because of killer cramps, not necessarily irregularity, and i had never tracked it previously because i was a silly teenager).  but temping should help me monitor that, and i'm considering ordering some ovulation tests on amazon as well.  Can't decide if i want to start those this month or wait until i feel my cycle out for another month before starting them.

lovely to meet you all and excited to be on this journey with all of you!

~delujm0

Re: Intro: Hi everyone!

• Hi and welcome! Good idea to start temping with FF, it helped me feel like I knew what was going on a little bit better. Good luck!
    ***********siggy warning **********

Me: 26 DH: 27
    TTC #1 Since Aug. 2013
    Cycle 1: O CD 25=bfn
    Cycle 2: O CD 48=bfn
    Cycle 3: Anovulatory/Provera =120 days!
    Cycle 4: Anovulatory/Prometrium=127 days! RE consult 6/16
    Me: Anov/poss. pcos?  HSG=normal/SA= Normal 
    July/Aug. 2014= Femara+trigger+TI=BFP!!
    Beta #1@ 16dpo=626!! Beta #2=1510
    Ultrasound @ 5w6d=heartbeat at 110!
    Ultrasound @ 6w6d =heartbeat at 131!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Welcome!  Glad to hear you're temping!  I'm on month 1 TTC, but have been temping for the past 4 cycles.  I like that I know when I O'd and when AF is expected.  It takes a lot of the guess work out.  Right now I only track temps and CM.  I figure I will add OPKs later if I feel I need to.  I see my temp shift, so I hope that is enough to get pregnant.  Good luck!  :)

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Welcome!!
    Married 3/5/10
    Started TTC Baby #1 6/2014
    BFP #1 7/27/2014 
    EDD 4/3/2014
    IT'S A GIRL! 10/16/14
    Team Pink!

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • tlc35tlc35 member
    Welcome and good luck!
    Me: 37                                               
    DH: 45
    BFP #1 3/19/14  EDD 11/29/14 MMC D&C 4/24/14
    BFP #2  12/4/14 Beta #1 218 at 12dpo Beta #2 1055 at 16dpo
    Saw heartbeat 12/29.  Please be a rainbow.
    imagerainbows

All welcome                                   

• FJM85FJM85 member
    Welcome and good luck!

Proudly on the dark side

• welcome and good luck!
    Mrs. B 
    Married 12.7.2013

• Welcome
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • Welcome!
    Married 8/14/09
    TTC #1 since 5/2014
    BFP #1 11/14/14 - CP @ 5w2d
    image  image  image
  • Welcome!

BFP #1 3/22/11- DD Born 11/22/11
    TTC #2 since 11/2013

• Welcome! I am on day 42 of my first cycle off BCP with no sign of shark week approaching. I'm glad to hear your first cycle off was normal!

Good luck and I hope your stay is short and sweet!
    TTC #1: May 2014

My Chart
  • Welcome...another temp-pusher here...I've been temping for 6 cycles and its so helpful! Good luck!

TTGP December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Holiday Movie:
    ~Santa Claus is Coming to Town~

TTC #1: July 2014
    Me: 31  DH: 29
    DX (me): Inborn error of metabolism - protein restriction, metabolic formula & weekly blood tests
    DNA Results (7/1): DH is NOT a carrier for my genetic disorder! 
    7/3: Metabolic clinic gave the green light to TTC - holy crap!
  • Welcome! I am on day 42 of my first cycle off BCP with no sign of shark week approaching. I'm glad to hear your first cycle off was normal! Good luck and I hope your stay is short and sweet!

If it makes you feel better, despite the fact that i had HORRIBLE cramps before i was on BCP, this period showed up with nary a trace beforehand aside from my temp drop.  If not for the temp drop, i would have had no idea it was coming.  So just because you don't have symptoms now doesn't mean it's not coming!  Hold on to hope!

Of course now that AF has started it is borderline torture.  What a joy.

• Welcome! Personally, I liked using OPKs right away because temping only confirmed ovulation and with irregular cycles post BCP, I needed them to make sure we had good timing.

Me: 33, DH: 35
    Married 10/13, TTC since 7/13
    Dx: MFI
    IUI #1 7/14: BFN
    IUI #2 8/14: BFN
    IVF #1 11/14: 20R17M15F
    Transferred 1 three day embryo! 7 frosties!
    BFP!  EDD 7/27/15

• kristyn831 thanks for the advice - i'm considering starting them but i know H will roll his eyes about it.  He's of the "it'll just happen when it happens, you shouldn't have to TRY" camp of oblivious people with not enough sex-ed.  I'll probably wind up doing it anyway.

I will say that with my period symptoms raging right now, last night H was like "OMG what can i do to make this stop" and i said "put a baby in there so i can go back on the pill before this happens again!"  He was like "i will do that right now" and i had to explain to him that that would likely not be possible on CD1.  Sigh. :-)

• Welcome!

Me: 25 DH: 26
    Married 11/12/11
    BFP 12/17/11
    DS 8/29/12 via C-section
    TFAS 3/2014
    BFP #2 5/25/15 EDD 2/4/2016
    It's a BOY!
  • Hello and good luck!

• welcome!
  • Welcome and good luck! Congrats on your recent marriage :)

Married since June 2010 | TTC January 2014-July 2014 | BFP #1 - 7/22/14 | EDD - 4/2/15

image   image   
    BabyFruit Ticker 

• When I first stopped BCPs after almost 10 years I had a 34 day cycle. After that every cycle has been 27-29 days (it's been 6 months now!) Good luck!!
    Me: 25 DH: 25, married 5/2013 
    TTC baby #1 since 9/2014 
    BFP #1 9/16/14, MMC 11/5/14 
    Dx Factor V Leiden 12/2014 
    BFP #2 1/16/15 Hoping this is our rainbow baby!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"