June 2013 Moms
Options

Help! What is this rash?

pkp2pkp2 member
edited June 2014 in June 2013 Moms
I discovered this on P's chest this morning when I took off his pajamas. It's only on his chest but I have no idea what it is. He's had a low fever the past few days but it's gone now. I was attributing it to his teeth. We're supposed to be leaving for my IL but my 4mo niece is there and I don't want her to catch anything. Thoughts?? Tia! imageimage

Re: Help! What is this rash?

• Options
    ASmallWonderASmallWonder member
    edited June 2014
    Rashes are common after fevers - they can be part of the virus.  I'd keep an eye on it but wouldn't worry.
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Options
    I agree with PPs, but it also looks like it could be heat rash?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    pkp2pkp2 member
    Okay, thanks! I was able to get him a Dr. Appt in a few hours. I just hope it's nothing and we can still go!!
  • Options
    pkp2pkp2 member
    Thanks guys! The pedi said it was most likely from the shots. (He got them on the 20th) But, he couldn't be 100% sure, so we are waiting until tomorrow and if they're fading, we're good to go and my niece won't be exposed to anything. :-)
  • Options
    Oh. This looks exactly like what DD had, same with the fever. The doctor said it was Roseola. Its a fever for a few days and then a day or so later the rash shows up and then a couple days after that, it goes away too

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    pkp2pkp2 member
    @MorganWP‌ the Pedi today said that roseola shows up within 12 hours of the fever. I have no clue but it's been over 24 hours since his fever broke.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"