February 2013 Moms

Pass the JuJu, please

There is an elementary spot opening at a local school near my house. It's actually in the district I live in, but not the school Jax would go to. The best part, I know the principal. She worked in my current district and wanted to hire me for a spot in her school, but the Superintendant put me in another elementary school. I'm dropping my resume and packet off to her today. I'm hoping she's there and I don't just have to hand it to the secretary. This would likely be a 10-15K pay raise, and totally alleviate any need to move to NY. Since everybody's good vibes have been paying off around here lately, I'm hoping to ride the good juju wave to a better job!  [-O<

Re: Pass the JuJu, please

• Good vibes and prayers!
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Oooooooh good vibes to you girl!
    photo 9304f105-c1e0-4769-a5f5-66ebac0208e2.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • Fingers crossed!

DS1: Quinn - 10.22.10 and DS2: Cole - 01.18.13

• Vibes coming your way! ~~~~~

• Done! She was there and took a minute to talk to me. Of course, I brought the little and that was a huge hit. Here's my one concern-standard practice around here is 3 letters of recommendation with your packet. I have one. I asked the guidance counselor and another teacher in my school to write one, and they never got around to it, despite me checking in (and I know it's not because they didn't want to write one for me and didn't know how to get out of it). The one I did include is from my administrator from the school I was at just last year. It's very good. I also included the contact info. for the other people who should have given me letters. I meant to tell her why I only had one letter, but then I also sort of didn't want to point it out, either. How bad is it?
  • SummerLove21SummerLove21 member
    edited June 2014

If I was short on recs, I would usually tell the hiring manager that I was still working on getting the missing ones, and what was the best way to get them to him/her?  That usually worked fine.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• lc&jwlc&jw member

Good luck! As for the letters, I would mention it so it doesn't look like you didn't pay attention to the details. Just let her know that you weren't able to get them before the school year ended and ask if she would like you to try to pursue the other letters over the summer.

Fingers crossed that this works out! :)

TTC since June 2009
    BFP #1 2/22/10 M/C 6w2d
    BFP #2 October 2010 CP
    BFP #3 1/11/11 M/C 8w5d
    IUI #1 Aug 2011= BFN
    IUI #2= BFP #4 9/18/11 missed M/C, D&C 10/18/11
    IUIs #3&4 = BFN
    IVF #1 May 2012 = BFP! Twins!!

Fraternal twins born Feb. 2013

Lilypie - (X78c)

• I emailed two co workers and asked if they would please at the very least send an e-mail rec. That would bring me up to the three. I am reticent to say anything because I'm not sure what to say that wouldn't make it sound like no one would write one for me or without sounding like I'm badmouthing my coworkers. 
  • YAY! You got this, Dubs!

View Full Size Image
    BFP- 5/23/12 EDD- 1/23/13 DS born 2/2/13

Baby BOY #2 coming in May!

• List me as a reference. I will talk about how ammmmazzzzzing you are.

View Full Size Image
    BFP- 5/23/12 EDD- 1/23/13 DS born 2/2/13

Baby BOY #2 coming in May!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"