May 2014 Moms
Options

If DH gives a BM bottle at night...

Do you wake up at night to pump during that feeding or pump a different time during the day?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: If DH gives a BM bottle at night...

• Options
    I don't wake up to pump right then, but I would try to pump within a few hours. Like maybe get up and pump an hour before when you expect baby to wake up and want to eat.
    BabyFruit Ticker 

image image image image image
    Married since June 2012
    EDD May 2014
  • Options
    She cluster feeds at night so I'm usually ok until she wakes up again. She'll BF at 8&9 then he'll feed her at 10 and she'll wake up usually at 12:30 or 1. I've just started pumping after every night feed tho bc I read you produce the most milk from 12-5 am. Plus it takes me a while to wind down after a feed.
    Married 5/5/12 ~ Miscarried @ 6wks 7/1/13 ~ Has Pacemaker ~ Due May 7th
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Got twins: I feed one and DH takes the other. We decided to bottle feed at night for sanity. Helps some but I still pump after each time I give one a bottle. We are still trying to find a rhythm.

• Options
    I kind of feel like it defeats the purpose of having DH feed if I have to pump too. It takes me longer to pump so I will be awake longer in the middle of the night than DH if I pump. I really want him to help out though.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    keeummkeeumm member
    I change her diaper while DH gets the bottle ready. Then he feeds her while I pump. I agree with pp, I can get the most bang for my buck pumping in the middle of the night. I exclusively pump, though, so we need to make the most of pumping opportunities.
  • Options
    I don't pump at night, but I feed LO then it's DH's job to get him back to sleep while I go back to bed. I find this most helpful as it sometimes take 30 min after a feed to get him back down. This way he still helps and I'm able to get more sleep.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I don't pump when DH gives a bottle. I pump after his mid morning feed. If we leave milk for a babysitter or I give a bottle out and about, I pump as soon as I can.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"