Breastfeeding
Options

LO Fighting Cold

My 2yr had a runny nose yesterday and today and as usual it seems to have run it's course and she feeling better. My 5mo has already gotten me up twice since 11 and I can hear the congestion and she's coughed a few times. Is there something else I can take other than my vitamins that can give her immune system extra support??? Does vitamin C transfer in BM and is it safe??? TIA
image image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: LO Fighting Cold

• Options
    recent studies have shown that vitamin C supplements do not help to prevent colds.

nurse, nurse, and nurse some more would be my suggestion. your LO will get any antibodies that you are making in response to the cold virus.

you could also try giving her a probiotic- if you get adult capsules, you can swab some of the powder into her cheek.
  • Options
    I have no idea if vitamin c or zinc can offer any support through breastmilk but it can't hurt to try :)
    It stinks to have a sick baby, I hope LO feels better soon.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"