February 2013 Moms
Options

@Rynleigh

Since we both have a mutual love of zucchini noodles, I thought I would share this with you.  My CSA basket was FULL of zucchini this week, so I decided to make zucchini ravioli.  I used the below picture as a guide.

I browned 2 pounds ground turkey with onion, garlic, and about three cups of spinach.  I sliced my zucchinis with a cheese slicer and then stuffed them to fill my casserole dish.  I took the leftover meat, onion, garlic, and spinach, added two tubes of tomato paste and one quart homemade chicken stock, along with fresh oregano, mushrooms, and some cabernet. 

Holy cow!  It's like an orgasm in my mouth.  You need to try this.  And if you can have dairy in your house, these would be even more amazing with some cheese.

I can't wait until DH gets home to eat this.  I have a feeling I'm getting some extra love tonight from him for being such a domestic goddess ;)

Re: @Rynleigh

• Options
    lrtrauth said:
    I will be making these,... But with all the cheese. Sorrynotsorry.
    Do it and then tell me all about it.  Because mine are amazing without cheese, so I can't even imagine what it would be like with it.

• Options
    YES. I am going to be adding ALL THE CHEESE to them. But I have to wait until one of the local growers puts out some of their zuch tho :( The ones at the supermarkets  have been really small lately and going fast. I could maybe try to do it with yellow summer squash but it's really not the same :: weep ::
    image  image

image image

*Spontaneous* OHSS diagnosed 08.06.2012
    Right ovary removed 09.04.2012 via vertical laparotomy
    Essure implant placed on remaining tube 06.13.2013; successful followup scan 09.30.2013

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    OK maybe not ALL the cheese... but mozzarella and swiss and maybe a little bit of cheddar, for sure. 
    image  image

image image

*Spontaneous* OHSS diagnosed 08.06.2012
    Right ovary removed 09.04.2012 via vertical laparotomy
    Essure implant placed on remaining tube 06.13.2013; successful followup scan 09.30.2013

• Options
    THAT LOOKS AMAZING!

View Full Size Image
    BFP- 5/23/12 EDD- 1/23/13 DS born 2/2/13

Baby BOY #2 coming in May!

• Options
    I'm not overly fond of zucchini but those look delish! I like it, but its not my fave.
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Options
    I had made this for dessert and it was not very good.  Not sweet enough.  It might be good tomorrow for breakfast, but after the amazing dinner I feel like it paled in comparison.

I also have zucchini chips in the dehydrator. 

At our CSA we get to fill our bushel with whatever we want that they have available.  I didn't want the lettuces they had to offer, so I literally filled the entire bushel with zucchini and cucumber.  Now I'm trying to figure out how to use it all before it goes bad.

• Options
    That looks so yummy. 
     I really wish DS wasn't allergic to zucchini....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"