February 2015 Moms

Hcg level advice

I did an intro last week with a surprise BFP. I wasn't sure of my due date because I'm still nursing and my cycle is off. I went for blood test on Thursday and my level was 143....very low, cue freak out. Went back today and it's 1485. From what I understand as long as it doubled in 72 hour period, that's good, correct? Waiting to hear back from doc. Also, when the heck is my due date?? Probably need an u/s?

Re: Hcg level advice

• Congrats on a good improvement. :-) Hope you get to have a solid due date soon!
    BabyFruit Ticker    image

F15 December Siggy Challenge:
    Holiday Decorations Fail
  • I'm in the same boat my periods have been so off and I've been tracking by using an app. But I changed phones last month and sure enough all the info went with it and of course I end up pregnant now lol so I'm at a loss on my last period for a precise date. I told my doctor if I had to guess it would be the 10th of may for first day? Anyways that's not the point but my first appointment they saw nothing on the ultrasound, did blood work and it was 642, 2 days later 1800 and I went in a couple days later and a sac was seen. I go back in 2 weeks for heartbeat and hopefully a due date. It's my understanding you can't get a correct due date based on hcg alone so ultrasound is the way to go once a baby is seen to measure.
  • Loading the player...
  • Your numbers definitely seem to be rising appropriately, so that is good. I have no idea when you ovulated, though, so a dating ultrasound will surely be needed.   :)
    Exactly what she said. I'm in the exact same boat, and I'm going back for my second blood draw on Wednesday. My practice said they like to wait to do a dating ultrasound until HcG levels were over 5,000 because it's easier to see something at that point.
    imageView Full Size Image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"