August 2014 Moms
Options

Venting - Moment of Panic

I am 32 weeks today, and when I read that I only have 56 days to go, well, I am freaking out!  I remember when it was hundreds of days...HUNDREDS OF DAYS!  It felt so far away, and now it feels SO CLOSE and I all of a sudden do not feel ready at all.  Most of the time I am super excited and can't wait for baby's debut,  but right now I am so scared.  And then I start thinking about returning to work after 7 weeks leave....I am so grateful that I even get 7 weeks paid leave, I know so many women get no paid leave, but 7 weeks feels impossibly short.  I know it will all work out, that we'll make it work, but right now, I just feel like everything is impossible.

Anyone else freaking out yet?  How do you get yourself to chill out?
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Venting - Moment of Panic

• Options
    HAH!  We must have the same DD (8/25). 

I fluctuate between full-fledged panic, to "Man, I've still got BUTTLOADS of time compared to others who are in the final 30 day count down!" to "OH MY GAWD!!  All I have is a bassinet ready, our bedroom needs to be painted, the crib set up, my ONE DIY needs to be done, I need some diapers, I need to get the paperwork rolling on my short-term, and do more research in to the breast pumps available through insurance.  EFF!!!"

To chill out?  I go read a book or do ANYTHING non-baby related.  Because otherwise, I'll lose what thin grip I have on sanity.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proud Mother to 16 year old Austin (MCJROTC Sgt., Trumpet playing "Band Nerd" and hopeful Air Force Pilot!)
    Proud Stepmother to 12 year old Josh (Baseball playing, Saxophone playing "Band Nerd" and hopeful Doctor!)
    Proud Mother to baby Kaylee (Stuffed toy playing, Adorable smiling baby and hopeful Rodeo Princess!)

• Options
    I hit 40 days left today and am excited but also nervous about what I'm doing to DD's life. And mine too, I guess. She's started to sleep restlessly, I think at least partly due to all the impending life changes. I have a bunch of stuff left to do, but that part doesn't really bother me since I know we could get all of that stuff done quickly if necessary.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just hit my 30 day count down. Woke me up faster than my morning coffee!! Should probably finish the nursery.
    Soon to be mommy of 3!
    DS Grayson (3yrs) (Emergency Csec)
    imageDS Camden (1yr) (All natural Vbac)
    DD Isabella due 8/2/2014

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    vk2204vk2204 member
    I am freaking out about who is going to watch baby when I go back to work. H's schedule could possibly change in September so everything we plan for now might not be relevant. If his schedule doesn't change my sister will baby sit for us and that will be awesome but I hate not knowing.

• Options
    I am in the panic mode. Between not knowing where I stand for work in the fall, the idea of having 2u2 and maybe being a SAHM, not being able to get as much done bc I have to take care of DD, and the idea of having a newborn again has me a little stressed. But I know I'll be able to handle it and really as long as baby has some diapers, clothes and a place to sleep everything else can wait (makes mental note to buy nb diapers.)
    But I just breathe, make lists, and focus on something else.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Solidarity ladies!  We got this!!  Thanks for your replies, it always helps knowing you're not the only one :)

And yes, @shaylagirl, 8/25 it is!
  • Options
    I think it's normal. I've been occilating between panic and calmness for about a month. Truth is, we'd be fine if this baby showed up today but I want things to be organized for us because it's not going to happen for a while after the baby!
  • Options

I am also freaking out just because of the idea of the lifestyle changes. Suddenly DH and I are going to have so little "alone" time and that scares me. I'm still very much in the lovey-dovey-can't-wait-to-kiss-him-when-he-gets-home-spend-majority-of-our-time-together stage. So it's going to be tough giving some of that up.

But of course, still incredibly excited to meet baby finally :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"