Parenting

Jean shorts

DD is in need of jean shorts. She has a couple of cheap pairs with elastic waist but I wanted to get her one or two nicer pairs with a button closure. I had ordered her a pair from Gymboree of the skinny leg ones (little but longer and have a cuff) but I didn't realize they weren't adjustable waist and they're huge. Of course now they don't have her size. I tried Carter's, target, kohls, children's place, and old navy- no luck! They either didn't have her size or they were the elastic waist. I like the gap ones but they're so expensive and I don't have a coupon.

Any other suggestions? Or anyone have a coupon code for gap they're willing to part with?? Pretty please? ;)

Re: Jean shorts

• What size is she?  I have skinny kids and I love summer because I can size down so it sits their waists and not have to worry about them being too short.

• I reccomend sizing down one size so they fit your kiddo in the waist.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Loading the player...
  • acesupacesup member
    Yeah I am going to size down, I just hadn't realized I needed to til I tried the ones I bought. They're the same size as her jeans which I always have to adjust the waist bc she is skinny but need the length. They were a 4T so I'm going to order the 3T.

I didn't know gap had that going!!! Thank you!! I checked a week or so ago and didn't see any sales
  • Gap outlet is having a sale too. I also recommend old navy.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
  • acesupacesup member
    elmoali said:

Have you tried fitting her into last year's shorts?  This just never occurred to me for some reason because he was in 3T pants most of the winter but duh - that was for the length, which isn't an issue with shorts.  I pulled out his summer stuff from last year and doubled his shorts wardrobe in 5 seconds.

I am a dummy and only saved like 2 pairs of shorts. I really thought she would need the 4 this summer. But no, she grew only in height lol. Lesson learned! Save all the things! Lol
  • LOL with two boys you can see that my mind goes automatically to everyone saving everything :)  
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• acesupacesup member
    @elmoali  i literally saved every item of clothing from the time my daughter was born until i had a son. then i was all "why am i saving this?". i had 12 of those giant plastic storage containers filled with her clothes and she wasn't even 2! got rid of it all and then apparently i went the opposite route and saved nothing since. i need to find the happy medium.
  • Andronika said:

I got DD two pairs at Old Navy this year.  They're super cute and have an adjustable waist. 

We have these too.

I also always go a size down. She is wearing 3t skirts and shorts this summer.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• size down - DS is wearing 3T shirts and 18 month shorts.  Weird, but it works. 

• Yes, Old Navy!
  • @MrsBadKat

Where do you get all yours?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"