March 2014 Moms
Options

Back to work Monday :( short vent

Unfortunately I will be joining the many of you who went back to work. I was lucky to be w LO for exactly 3 months. I am so sad I have been crying all day and preparing her stuff to take to my moms and writing down goals and directions for her. The worse part is that today out of all days she is not clingy!!! I just want to cuddle her and breast feed her and she wants non of that!!! Wtf!! I am happy I managed to pump 15oz so far for tomorrow and LO has fed well today but she just wants to be in her swing w her mobiles. I hope it goes well and fast tomorrow I don't want to be a mess at work. On the other hand I'm excited to wear my pretty clothes and not have puke and drool on me and my hair tomorrow but I will miss her so much. Thanks for letting me vent.. DH thinks it's not that bad!! He just don't get it !

Re: Back to work Monday :( short vent

• Options
    I made DH do drop offs to start. And it did get easier for me because I really like my job and I'm pretty good at compartmentalizing and focusing. It sucks though. I'm great if I don't think about it. And pickups are awesome. :)

Good luck.
    baby boy: 3.19.2014
  • Options
    Thank you ladies!! So you pump only twice a day? Not every time the baby was supposed to get fed? Thanks for sharing your experience so far. This sucks!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm going into my 3rd week. I'm actually much happier working than staying home all day every day. I nurse LO when I drop her off at 7:30, then I pump at 9:30, 12, and 2:30. I've been getting 12-16 oz, which is enough for the next day.
  • Options
    I hope all you have a better week than last week. This really blows! LO was crying when I left my house but I was already running late
  • Options
    Hope your day is going well. The first few weeks are tough. I found the drive to work the hardest. Once at work I was so busy it was easier. Luckily you have a short week with the holiday Friday.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    So far I have only cried at every pump. I received a video of LO and pictures if her sleeping holding on to my pj pants!!! I love her!!!
  • Options
    Just be prepared to not get anything done today!! I hope you are doing OK. My boss was nice enough to know I was of no use my first day back. He let me check emails and catch up on some things.

• Options
    I actually got a promotion during my maternity leave so I came in to a mess and very hectic day. In a way it's good because time is flying but still sucks! Specially when people tell me "oh you are going to miss so much of her first year because you are workin " I wanted to kill the birches who said that!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"