TTC after 35

Total AW post: my daughter graduated and....

I decided I'm too young to have a child out of high school.

I'm happy and sad for her. Happy that she is growing up but sad because I think she is throwing away an amazing talent by not going to an art school. She is going to community school with her boy friend. I'm happy she is going to school but she is such an amazing artist, she could have gotten a scholarship to any art school in the city.
But it is her life to live so I am not interfering.
But I will say it breaks my heart.
Here is a picture if some of her amazing artwork and if us at graduation.

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage

All welcome

Re: Total AW post: my daughter graduated and....

• tlc35tlc35 member
    That art is awesome, congrats!
    Me: 37                                               
    DH: 45
    BFP #1 3/19/14  EDD 11/29/14 MMC D&C 4/24/14
    BFP #2  12/4/14 Beta #1 218 at 12dpo Beta #2 1055 at 16dpo
    Saw heartbeat 12/29.  Please be a rainbow.
    imagerainbows

All welcome                                   

• Pretty cool artwork!  Don't be sad.  She's always gonna have her talent no matter what she does.  IMHO you don't need to go to college to be a great artist.  Just look at Banksy.  He doesn't make any money from his art, so he obviously gets his money doing something else (or the dole!).  Nobody even knows who he really is, but he's made such an impression on so many people.

I painted in HS, and did something else in college.  I painted as a hobby for years after.  I still do, just not as much.  I find that I use those skills in so many ways in other parts of my life.

And yes.. you are too young to have a child out of HS.. lol
  • Loading the player...
  • @hooligans4: You are way too young!

Your daughter is really talented. I agree with @NeonNoon. I minored in art in my undergrad, and I pondered going to get my MA or MFA in painting upon graduation. 

OK, this is my opinion. I hope you don't mind if I share.

IMHO, I think that getting a BS or BA in a marketable subject is safe. She can minor in art if she wants to keep her skills alive. Then, she can get a graduate degree if she feels that art is her passion, but this isn't essential unless she wants to teach art as a career. As long as she keeps doing art in some way, she could become a professional or an artist on the side. She can keep those skills going through the years by taking classes and workshops or going to open drawing sessions (with models, for instance). 

I loved her prom pics!!

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

• Ur daughter is beautiful, congrats on the graduation. She is talented, maybe she'll want to be an art teacher.
  • Very talented indeed. Congratulations on her graduation! Does she get her artistic talent from you?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @URMySunshine77‌ I love honest opinions so thank you for that. And I agree with getting a degree in something marketable. I thought if she went to an art school and studied advertising or even marketing she could combine her brains and her art. Because she is very smart also.

@MelissaMiso I am also an artist. Most of my family is so she gets half from me, her biological father was also artistic. So she has it from both sides. That's why she is soooo awesome.

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

imageimage

All welcome

• Wow! She is very talented! I agree with whats been said! She will figure it out I bet! Good for you for letting her spread her wings and make decisions……be glad she is going to college! I tell you what….I will drop to my knees and thank God if mine decides to continue her education, cause sadly I doubt she will :(
    SIGGY WARNING
    Me 38   DH 34
    married 05-21-11 
    started TTC right away

BFP- 10-16-14 EDD 6/13/15: MC 12-1-14 
  • Congratulations!  She's very talented!  I agree with the others--she'll chart a good path for herself that gives her the opportunity to use her gifts one way or another.
    *****Signature/Ticker Warning******

Me: 41, DH: 45
    DD, 6/15/2013
    TTC #2 beginning January 2014
    AMH 1.05; FSH range 7-11

July 2014: IUI #1.  Follistim + Pregnyl.  2 follicles--BFN
    September 2014: IUI #2.  Follistim + Pregnyl + Ganirelix + Crinone.  4(?) follicles--BFN
    October 2014: IUI #3.  More Follistim + More Ganirelix + Pregnyl + Crinone.  4 follicles--BFP!  Beta #1=10 Beta #2=33 Beta #3=97 Beta #4=158.  M/C 11/1/14
    December 2014: IVF #1.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  9R, 9M, 9F.  3 5-day blasts transferred 12/15. BFFN.
    April 2015: IVF #2.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  16R, 15M, 12F. Transferred 2 5-day blasts 4/12 and froze 4--BFP!  M/C 5/25/15
    August 2015: IVF #3.  14R, 13M, 11F.  Froze 5 blasts for CCS testing.  3 normals.  FET planned for 10/2015.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My Ovulation Chart

• Wow! I am impressed by her artwork! It's wonderful!!
    With that kind of talent and brains, she will be just fine!!

Me: 38 ~  DH: 38 ~   DD: 8
    TTC #2 since March/April 2014.

• @hooligans4, you did a great job. She is smart, beautiful and has a solid head on her shoulders. I would not be surprised if she gets to that idea on her own someday soon. Things are exciting and new for her right now. Like @URMySunshine77 said, having a marketable degree is a good thing and she may long for her art and reach back out to it as a minor. I say wait and see where she is at in a year, she'll probably come to the right choices all on her own. :)
  • lcwedlcwed member
    She is very talented.  Hopefully she can find an art route in the community college.  BIg high five to her for at least going to college.  That is a hurdle a lot of graduates never overcome or try.

Me 36 DH 39

DD 3/29/12
                      BFP 6/4/14 ~ MMC 7/7/14 ~ D&C 7/15/14            
    BFP 11/28/14 ~ MMC  12/29/14    

TTCAL Siggy Challenge

• She is definitely very talented.  She still may come around and decide on her own that that is what she wants to continue.  Is she going to college or not?  Congratulations!!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Me:  37   DH:  39   DS:  4
    TTC #2 - Experienced Miscarraige on 3/5/13, DnC on 3/11/13

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"