January 2015 Moms

Judgemental Parents=Judgemental Children

I'm usually not one to stick my nose into other people's business, but I have to take a moment out of my life to call some of you out. I'm sure by the end of this you'll feel something. Whether it's anger at me, happiness that someone is speaking out , if you've been a victim, or if it just simply changes some of the opinions you had on things. What I'm asking before I go on is that you keep an open mind and read this until I finish. A lot of moms, specifically second or (whatever) time mommies, like to attack other people who are trying to find a parenting style that works for them. The whole breast is best policy isn't the only way to feed a Child. C'mon we all know this. We should also all know that is is never okay to ostracize, criticize, or call another woman selfish if she choose NOT to feed from her natural supply, or CANNOT feed from her natural supply. There are many different reasons a woman decides to choose the path she takes... And I'm sure you and your very opinionated self were not on her things to worry about. Trust me she has 1,000 other things she's worried about. Also, there are some of you against keeping pets, against having intercourse while pregnant, against this against that, yatta yatta. I could go on all day. But think about this... How did you feel during your pregnancy when 50 different people wanted to put their input in on your parenting style. I'm sure my mom got shit for spanking me, but I sure as he'll love her for it. Let me set you straight now I was NEVER beaten or mistreated as I child. I was actually spoiled as hell, but nothing kept me in line more than a good old fashion hand to the bottom. I turned out just fine without breast milk, my mother was probably sexually active while pregnant... Not that'd I know or anything but isn't that how I got here? I graduated high school with a 4.0 GPA, and I'm in college now focusing on what's best for me and my soon to be family. The point is there are so many ways to parent. Your way isn't the right way. Your words as parents can hurt people, and they stick to your children who learn all of life's lessons from their own life and your teachings. No one wants to raise the bully who forces other children to self harm, no one wants to see their child in jail for a hate crime. Please realize your fault as parents, take some responsibility and clean up your language to other people and around your children. Judgemental parents call for judgmental children. Just think how much better we'd all be if we minded our own business.

Re: Judgemental Parents=Judgemental Children

• I'm on my cell phone sorry for a lot of those oopsies in there. I'm kinda new to this app so I'm also not sure if I can edit. I'm sure my point is still clearly delivered.
  • Loading the player...
  • YaMrWhite said:
    ShuShubee said:
    I honestly haven't felt like the women on this board judge other women for formula feeding, whether you are a SAHM or working mother, etc.

I feel like this post is trying to start/perpetuate some "mommy wars."
    It's her first post ever on this site so I am inclined to agree with you. 
    Same here.

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Uh whut?

To be perfectly honest - I have no idea what your point is. 

• And FYI, I'm completely comfortable with the choices I made for DD and will make for this next baby. I don't need anyone on a chatboard defending me because I'm what you might call an adult.
  • Troll?
    Stephanie Ella ~ 6/15/2012
  • Clueless poster=befuddled readers

BabyFruit Ticker

<p align="center"
  • Did I miss something leading up to this?

I feel you're bring some of your real life experiences into this.
    Multiple TTCAL 1image
     TTC #1 since March 2011 
    BFP #1: EDD 4/16/13~~blighted ovum w/ 2 gestational sacs~~Loss on 9/18/12
    BFP #2: EDD 9/3/13~~Slow HB at 1st U/S~~MMC -Loss on 2/13/13
    9/13, 10/13, 1/14: letrozole + trigger + TI = All BFNs
    3/14: IUI#1 letrozole/Bravelle/Menopur + trigger = BFN
    BFP #3: EDD 1/27/15 Please be our rainbow! ...Team Green

• @mommy5point0-- I think we all did...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Pips09Pips09 member
    YaMrWhite said:
    Is there a tl;dr option to this?
    My exact thought.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

• Huh? TL/DR

TTC since August 2011 Me: 31 DH: 33
    May-September 2012: Monitored cycles with Letrozole
    October 2012: Cancelled IUI
    April 2014: IVF #1 w/ ICSI
    ER: 4/15 ET: 4/20 Beta #1 4/29: 54 Beta#2 5/1: 90 
    1st ultrasound: 5/13 (6w1d): HB 103 2nd Ultrasound: 5/22 (7w3d) HB 151

• vjdk07vjdk07 member
    What???

Did I miss something while sleeping til noon today?
    Me: 31 DH:36
    DSS: 15 DS: 7
    DD born 1/3/15

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Congratulations! You had a common sense epiphany!

Pregnancy TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    J15 June Siggy Challenge - Fave TV Dad (Sandy Cohen)
    You could always depend on Mr. Cohen for a laugh.

• indojay3 said:
    I'm on my cell phone sorry for a lot of those oopsies in there. I'm kinda new to this app so I'm also not sure if I can edit. I'm sure my point is still clearly delivered.
    Can we adopt you, @ghostof5letters ?
    At least until September when I have to go back to work and my travel kicks back up.   ;)

User Banned You have been banned from posting on the forums until 01-11-2165 8:18 AM. The reason for this ban is Inappropriate Links or Signature. Please return to participate in the forums after the ban has elapsed.
  • I'm in the group of needing some examples- I have not seen much judgement across the board. I'm going with troll as well. 

• YaMrWhite said:
    Just curious what this means? I'm clueless....
    :D
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • MaebbMaebb member
    @indojay3‌ (if this isn't MUD), I'm sorry for whatever happened to you to make you feel this way.

If you spent any time on this board, you would see that most people are pretty open-minded about things like formula vs. breast milk, sex during pregnancy, etc.

It seems like you feel like you've been attacked and abused in the past. My mom has a lot of opinions about things, and I've just learned to say, "Oh, thanks for that advice. I will take it into consideration, and DH and I will do what we feel is best for our family."
  • YaMrWhite said:
    Too long; didn't read. Sometimes people will post a novel. It helps if they summarize for those of us who don't care to read a novel.
    Stephanie Ella ~ 6/15/2012
  • YaMrWhite said:

YaMrWhite said:

Too long; didn't read. Sometimes people will post a novel. It helps if they summarize for those of us who don't care to read a novel.

------
    I don't think a tl;dr would help in this case :P
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"