October 2014 Moms

Dam you pregnancy brain!!!

Ugh!! Here's a good one...

This morning I woke up in a sub zero temp thanks to DH being a freak about the AC. I turned it off and opened my doors and windows while I got ready for work . Before I left, I hit the switch to turn it back ON so it would be cool when I came home. I finished getting DS ready and remembered to grab my water bottles from the refrigerator.

I am a private nanny so I took DS and the other little boy I watch to the lake/beach it was about 90+ out. It was a long hot but fun filled day. I couldn't wait to come home to a chilled house, shower, and relax for the night. Upon returning home I opened the door to an extremely hot muggy home. UMM WTF?! Well, when I went to switch my ac back on I flipped the switch the WRONG way and turned my HEAT on. It was 97 in my house. Thank god my dogs survived that mistake.

Oh and it gets better... Went to the fridge to get some cold water and DS a snack and saw my fridge was cracked opened about an inch. On my way out the door I guess it didn't shut all the way. EVERYTHING was hot and spoiled. Yeah... AND you know what I did the night before at 9:30 at night? Yup, went grocery shopping. You know, to the healthier store 45 mins from my house to buy all the healthy organic expensive food we like to eat. I HATE wasting food oh and dropping another $300+ to replace it alI (plus all the dressings, condiments, ect) wasn't that much fun either. I'm hoping in a few days/weeks/months this becomes a funny pregnancy brain story I can laugh about but right now I am SO PISSED OFF!! :((

Re: Dam you pregnancy brain!!!

• Wow that is rough...

I though I was doing bad by leaving my cellphone at home and forgetting to put our dinner in the crockpot.

I hope this is the only real tramatic "pregnancy brain" episode you experience.

• BOOOO!!! I would cry too! Sorry you had a crummy day! I hope that's the worst of it!

• Loading the player...
  • That's a real bummer on all your delicious yummies! I sure hope your day & the months ahead are easier! Damn pregnancy brain!
    Me: 37, DH: 42 Married March 22, 2003 TTC since early 2006, Fertility treatments since 02/2013 First Pregnancy with Twins EDD 10.24.2014
  • Glas43Glas43 member
    Ugh that is rough!
  • Oh no! I'd be upset too. I'm sorry!
    Mine hasn't been that bad. I forget my cell phone a lot. I also forget stuff at the store all the time. I'm starting to realize why my mom would buy 8 containers of BBQ sauce, yet we never had any ketchup. I can't remember anything!
  • femailfemail member
    Oh man! That sucks. I think my biggest pregnancy brain complaint so far is that I will turn to tell my husband something, and forget what I was going to say. This happens way more than I'd care to admit.

I hope your day turns around!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Oh no!! I'd be so mad too. That's a rough day, even not pregnant!

My main problem is I just can't remember anything. Words. Names. Lists. What I was doing before I drifted off into lala land. Anything.

Meagan
    30 dx with PCOS 2010 treating with metformin
    DS1 12-29-11 DS2 11-4-14
    BFP 10/19/13 missed mc at 5 weeks d&c 11/18/13
    BFP 2/16/14 Please stick baby! !  EDD 10/31/14
    DX with septate uterus 3/1/14
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yikes!  The poor pups!  And I thought accidentally scheduling myself for a 7am meeting today was bad.. sorry you're having such a bad day!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Sounds rough! I'm so sorry! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Wow, that's a particularly rough pregnancy brain day - I'm sorry and hope as another PP said, this is the worst one you experience for the rest of your pregnancy. And here I thought I was bad for forgetting to add needed things to our grocery list and having to go the market twice and then forgetting a follow-up call I was supposed to do for something work related.

Lilypie - (urRB)

• Wow, that is a rough day. I hope it gets better!

I missed a meeting due to pregnancy brain today. One I talked about this morning, had written on my calendar right in front of me on my desk... I remembered with 5 minutes left during the hour long meeting.  Oops?  Thank god it wasn't super important.
  • My husband is tired of me repeating myself. I keep forgetting what I've talked about. Like I will ask him 3times in 1 hr if he is hungry.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers                         

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Last week, I was out of town for work, and drove out of my way to pick up a healthier dinner on my way back to the hotel. I ordered, paid, and waited around til they gave me my dinner...

Somewhere, between the restaurant, walking to my car, and pulling into the hotel parking lot...I lost the dinner. I can only assume I must have set it down at the restaurant, since I made no stops in between. I keep expecting my car to smell like rotting food and just be a moron that isn't able to find her dinner in the car...but who knows. I was so embarassed I ended up going through the Arby's fast food drive through...
    July Siggy Challenge: Fireworks Fails

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Poor thing! I feel your pain. Hopefully that is the worst round of it that you will have for a while! You are not alone!
  • Sorry! That is an awful case of pregnancy brain.

• That is awful! I hate this feeling of absent minded ness. I turned on the water to fill a stock pot in the sink to soak, left to do something and totally forgot about it...2 hours later is was sitting on the couch thinking, "why does the dishwasher sound like gushing water?" At least it was cold water and not hot!
  • Hope things get better.  That sounds terrible.  I hate wasting food too knowing that I'm wasting all of that money (which is a precious commodity right now).  I don't think any of my moments come close.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"