Working Moms

New and question

manders803manders803 member
edited June 2014 in Working Moms
Hi, I've been lurking for a while amd appreciate your words if wisdom. I have a question. I've been back at work full time for a week and pump at 9,12, and 3. I breastfeed on the weekend but she only feeds one side typically would you pump the other side on the weekend? Thank you!

Re: New and question

• Yeah I agree the idea of pumping on the weekend feels overwhelming somehow. But I keep getting engorged and don't want to mess with the supply.
  • I pumped as little as possible on the weekends, but K always ate from both sides.  If you are getting engorged, I'd buy a hand pump and use that on the weekends. It was easier for me than the electric when baby was already eating one side, that did almost all the work for me.  Then I'd freeze what I can and use the cushion in the freezer to stop pumping at work early (I stopped at work at 11 months and it was great! Nursed at nights and on the weekends until he was 2).  And depending on how much you pump at work and how old baby is, I might go down to pumping twice at work instead of 3 times.
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • I was always freaking out about running out of milk, so my opinion is to always have as much BM as you can, lol.  Since you've only been back a week and don't really know how your supply will hold up long term, I'd pump at least once on the weekend just to give yourself a cushion.  But if you have a huge freezer stash, I wouldn't pump on the weekends until you need it.
                                                                                              BFP #1 3/2/12, T born 11/7/12
                                                                                                 BFP #2  7/2/14, CP 7/6/14
                                 BFP #3 8/28/14, MMC 10/2/14 @ 9wks - misoprostol 10/6/14, D&C 11/3/14 for retained tissue
                                       BFP #4 12/25/14, EDD 9/7/15 - please stick baby, you are so loved and wanted!!!!!                                                                                           

image  image                                                                      
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"