August 2014 Moms

Clothes are the worst, amirite?

This morning, clothes were the complete enemy. No matter what I put on, I just felt so uncomfortable....right down to my undies! I don't even know why, this hasn't happened yet. I mean, granted, I've been anti-pants for a while, but generally, I'm pretty comfy in my cute maternity gear. Not today. I am wearing the closest thing to pajamas that I can get away with at work--maxi skirt, old navy tank top, and a little cardigan. And still all I want to do is take my undies off. Ugh. 
Anyone else ever feel this way?? I'm just about 32w, and I hope this is just a today thing and now an everyday for the next 8 weeks + thing!

::rant over::

Re: Clothes are the worst, amirite?

• Completely agree...I just put on my favorite maternity jean capris before coming to work. I STRUGGLED to get them up all the way. Sad day.

• When I am home, I am naked, or in just panties. I want nothing touching this belly. I hate bras and I feel so constricted!!!
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Feeling this way makes me glad I am off the for the summer. I stick to shorts and a tank when leaving the house and just a tank when in the house. DD doesn't care and neither do I.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I wear scrubs for work so that's a plus. But on not days off I either am lounging or running errands and neither requires cute clothes. I have maxi dresses and skirts for when I so needs to look nice. Def no more pants.
  • kareik01kareik01 member
    edited June 2014

I thought I could still pull off sexy even in my pregnancy body, until...

DH took a picture of me a couple weeks ago. It was the night before I ended up in the ER with kidney stones, so naturally I was feeling simply awful. I was sprawled on the couch, in shorts and a tshirt, tshirt pulled up over my belly. Mouth hanging open. Arms over my head. Hair a mess.

He texted it to me a few days later with nothing more than a smiley face.

I still haven't forgiven him for that.

Leskay said:
    Two nights ago I walked in the door from work, stripped all my clothes off in the foyer and lay on the couch with my bra and underwear on. DH came into the living room to find me flopped on the couch like a beached whale. I used to be sexy.... I swear :(

• I was okay I my leggings until last weekend. It was super humid and having that fabric around my legs felt like someone was trying to cut off the circulation to my lower hard. Pants are the enemy.
    TTC Since January 2012 Me:37 DH:34      DX July 2013: Unexplained Infertility      New DX Dec 2013: DOR
    BFP#1 6/4/12 EDD 2/13/13 M/C 6/6/12  BFP#2 2/21/13 EDD 11/3/13 M/C 2/26/13 BFP#3 C/P
    4 rounds of clomid, 2 with IUI = BFN
    November/December Retesting/Natural Cycle = Surprise BFP @ 11dpo! Beta#1 76.6@13dpo Beta #2 276@15dpo u/s#1 6w2d hb113 u/s#2 8w2d, measuring 8w4d hb168! 10w2d hb171 12w3d Verifi results are in and good! EDD 8/23 Our Baby Girl Rainbow Baby born 8/20/2014!!!
    Um...what? BFP 11/2/15!?! EDD 7/4/16
  • I fail at clothes today. I worked from home Tuesday through Thursday but had to come in today. I didn't notice until I caught my ferry that I have a big stain on my shirt right in the middle of my belly from DD's lotion that didn't come out in the wash.
  • I've dropped pants the second the weather permitted it. Now I'm just wearing dresses and maternity skirts. If the weather is shitty and cold then I just stay in. Oh well.
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • I was way too excited yesterday when a friend cancelled dinner plans because that meant I could take all my clothes off and wear DH's basketball shorts and tshirt instead of real clothes.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have a pair of very light weight maternity pants that are below the belly. Those with a maternity tshirt are still comfortable. I tried to get dressed up the other day and regretted it. I was sweating and so uncomfortable.

• I'm right there with you.  I just can't stand to sleep in anything.  My older girls think my nipples are funny when they come in before I've gotten dressed.

Finding clothes to leave the house in is so frustrating!  Add in the dumb abdominal splint and I'm about ready to just give up and stay home for 2 months.  If only I could!

So glad I work from home and don't have to go into the office.  That would be torture at this point.

• I have to go into the office still, so I have to wear nice work clothes, I go with dresses as much as possible. The other day nothing felt attractive or comfortable and there was a pile of clothes on the floor after I finally got done dressing. Ugh

When I get home it's linen pants that are strechy or big loose dresses. No bra, and a t-shirt that ends up pulled up over my belly at the fist chance. I hate clothes!
    Aug' 14 July siggy challenge - Motivational Speaking For Momsimage

• BeachMBeachM member

Five effing weeks to go. If I disappear you can probably find me living in my neighborhood pool. I'll only get out to eat and pee.

Haha I've told our pool manager that he might find me living in the shallow end at some point.

• I stopped wearing a bra at 34 weeks last time. I couldn't breathe in it. As for underwear do what you gotta do. Granny panties aren't sexy but they are comfy right now lol.
  • Seriously upset, my favorite pair of pants that I was talking about earlier just ripped!

• I'm heading home, sitting on the train now with one hand shoved into the waistband of my (maternity!) pants, totally Al Bundy style, because they're so tight. Can't wait to get these suckers off!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I wear maternity panty hose once or twice a week.

I can't explain the awful.

• I'm lucky enough to wear scrubs at work, so that's not too awful, although the waistbands are starting to dig in. Once I get home I immediately put on basketball shorts and an old loose tshirt. My maternity shirts are almost too short. I'm really trying not to buy more shirts since I only have 8 weeks to go, but I have a feeling I won't have a choice...
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
    Baby Boy due October 2017
  • Clothes suck.
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Everything you all said. I just want to be naked and in cool water.

• This is how I am most of the time, pregnant or not. As soon as I come home, I'm stripped down. Maybe not completely naked, but mostly/partially. Pants are always the first thing off, then bra. H is used to it. He laughs now that I'm pregnant and it's the same. It runs in my family- and no, I am not kidding. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"