January 2015 Moms

Scary day in the ER with SCH

Thought I would share this in case anyone else has had this diagnosis.  If so, I'd love to hear your story and what the outcome was.

While I was at work yesterday I got up from a squatting position and felt a huge gush.  Went to the bathroom and saw what I was sure was the end of my brief pregnancy.  It was...a lot of bright red blood.  No cramping, no clots, just the equivalent of two tampons worth of blood in like, five minutes.  My best friend drove me to the ER, met hubby there and we were all just preparing ourselves for the worst.  I was at 11w5d according to my last ultrasound.

After a lot of waiting we finally went up to the ultrasound room where after a couple minutes the tech told us the baby was moving and kicking and the heartbeat was normal.  I could not believe it.  It seriously looked like the end and here was the monitor showing the little fetus kicking and punching me from the inside.

The radiologist said I have two subchorionic hematomas, one of which hemorrhaged causing the bleeding.  They said mine were unusually large (5cm) which was worrisome, but since this happened on a Friday, I'm stuck waiting to go to my Doctor until Monday.  At my next appointment they'll do another ultrasound and compare the two images, which will tell them more about what is still there and what isn't.

Just sitting here on bed rest, hoping the baby's hanging tough.

Re: Scary day in the ER with SCH

• That must have been very scary! I'm glad everything looks ok.
  • Omg. I'm so sorry you got a scare. Hoping all is going to be ok and that you were reassured when you saw your bean ok in there. FX for you
    BabyFetus Ticker

#1 Son born: 18 June 2008 :) 
     #2 M/C: 23 January 2014 at 5w,2d :( 
     #3 BFP: 28 April 2014. Yay! EDD: 6th January 2015
  • Loading the player...
  • So glad to hear you and baby are doing well.
    Stephanie Ella ~ 6/15/2012
  • How terrifying! So glad you and baby are fine. Hope the doctor can give you some good news tomorrow.
  • My best friend had this in her first tri too. The terror she described was so intense. I'm sorry you had to go through that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Glad you and LO are ok!!
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • taralatarala member
    So scary! I also had a SCH. Because I go to an RE, I have been going for weekly u/s. I started bleeding and cramping just shy of 7 weeks and freaked out. We went straight our RE's office fully expecting the worst. He found the baby and the heartbeat was strong. 3 days later I went back and he found the SCH. Mine was much smaller- 1cm x 2cm.

He limited all my activities- including all working out and sex. I had one minor bleed after that; however as of last Monday, it was gone.

I know that the body can either absorb it- like mine- or pass it. It is truly so scary and I am glad to hear you are okay!

Ella Rose

1/17/15 born via IVF w/ ICSI

Spontaneous Twins!

Due January 2016

Follow our Journey

• That sounds so scary. I had some early bleeding as well and I know how awful it is. They didn't find the reason for mine. Lots of Ts and Ps for your appointment tomorrow.
  • I'm so glad everything turned out ok. That must have been incredibly scary. I've heard of people having this happen before, though I've not experienced it myself. I hope the rest of your pregnancy is completely uneventful. You've earned it!
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Sounds terrifying!  I'm glad it turned out well in the end!
  • Ktbug613Ktbug613 member
    edited June 2014
    Glad baby is okay. Most def is scary! I have had subchorionic hemorrhages with all three pregnancies (this one included). With my last pregnancy I bled on and off for 8 weeks and it was measured at 9cm. I hope it helps to know even that large it didn't cause any major issues for dd or myself and healed on its own by week 20.

I hope it heals fast!

PS you mentioned tampons....check with your doctor but I was under the impression tampons are not to be used at any time during pregnancy or PP recovery....
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm so sorry you are having to go through that.

I had a subchorionic hemorrhage with my pregnancy with DD. I believe it was about 7cm. The u/s tech kept telling me to be prepared for a miscarriage, but my doctor was a lot more optimistic. I didn't bleed as much as you did, but I did spot off and on. I was put on bedrest. They noticed it when I went in at 5 weeks and it cleared up by about 8 weeks. I went on to have a beautiful little girl who also dealt with her momma's Hyperemesis and anemia throughout the pregnancy. Seriously, these babies are incredible.

I hope things get better for you.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks for all the encouragement ladies, it means a lot.  I had another big bleed (almost exactly like the other one) this morning and the doctor told me to just sit tight until tomorrow.  Hopefully if the baby survived the first hemorrhage, it'll hang on through this one.  Just trying to distract myself and picture a healthy baby six months from now.

@ktbug613 I didn't actually use a tampon at all, just used it as a reference to describe the quantity of blood I was seeing.

Thanks again for the thoughts and prayers ladies.  Fingers crossed.
  • I'm sorry you're dealing with this, but I'm glad that the baby is okay! I hope everything sorts itself out!
    ******************************************** siggy warning ******************************************

image image

Married July 2011 * TTC #1 since 8/12 * Me: 29 DH: 29
    21 Cycles TI: BFNs
    DX: Stage 2 Endo, uterine polyps and paratubal cysts removed
    2/14: IVF #1 Lupron Protocol = 12R/10M/9F, no frosties; transferred one 3BB blast = BFN
    4/14: IVF #2 Antagonist Protocol = 18R/16M/15F/6 frosties; transferred one 4BB blast = BFP!!
    Beta #1 (5/12) = 232 Beta #2 (5/16) = 886 Beta #3 (5/20) = 3168
    EDD 1/18/15 It's a BOY 

~~~~~~ All Are Welcome ~~~~~~

• Sorry to hear of your stressful weekend. Bleeding is always scary. Always. I hope you get more good news at your check up and that both SCHs are gone now and baby is fine.
    imageimage

"Beanie" Natural 7w MC 11/21/12

"Nole" stopped growing at 7w3d D&E 2/11/13

Diagnosed with MTHFR and Factor V Leiden on 4/3/13

Due with RAINBOW GIRL 2/10/15

• I'm sorry. I had one with DS2 and bled off and on then had two bleeds like yours. They soon resolved after
    Trenton Elijah born three weeks early due to pre-e on April 14, 2011. Weighing 6lbs 6.3oz, 18 inches long.

Cameron Jacob (CJ) came early @ 25w4d on November 16, 2012 due to placenta abruption and incompetent cervix . Weighing 1lb 15.5oz, 14 inches long. 

Expecting a winter baby. Stay put LO!
  • Just got back from the doctor and the baby's okay for now.  Good heartbeat, lots of movement.
    It's crazy that a fetus that tiny can hold on through such a crazy, scary event.

Let's hope the rest of our pregnancies are uneventful.

Thanks for the kindness, ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"