Trying to Get Pregnant

Intro

Hi

I've been lurking on the board on and off for the past few weeks and I read all the sticky notes at the top too.  H & I were married about two weeks ago and because of our ages ( me -34 and him 41) we plan to TTC in the fall sometime.  I've been on BCP for 15 years with no break.  I have my annual with my gyn next week.  Are there any questions I should ask him during the appointment in preparing to TTC in the fall? Also I take daily vitamin supplements (Vitamin D and B12) should I ask the doctor about continuing those? 

Sorry if my questions are dumb my first time out.  I hope to hang around more as I begin to TTC in fall.  Feel free to ask any questions too. I look forward to getting to know you guys more.

Re: Intro

• Congratulations on your marriage! Welcome :)

BabyFetus Ticker

imageimage
  • Welcome!
    Married 8/14/09
    TTC #1 since 5/2014
    BFP #1 11/14/14 - CP @ 5w2d
    image  image  image
  • Loading the player...
  • Just a quick welcome, I think all women should take prenatals (folic acid) during child bearing years wether ttc or not. 
  • I would ask your OB about getting on a Prenatal.  I have a prescription for one ($4 a month :) ), but I know a lot of the ladies here do an OTC one.  Whatever works for you. 

I mentioned TTC to my OB and I got vaccinated for something (can't remember now what it was) that I needed, but other than that, they just said to call when I get pregnant. 

Welcome and good luck!

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • tlc35tlc35 member
    Welcome and good luck!
    Me: 37                                               
    DH: 45
    BFP #1 3/19/14  EDD 11/29/14 MMC D&C 4/24/14
    BFP #2  12/4/14 Beta #1 218 at 12dpo Beta #2 1055 at 16dpo
    Saw heartbeat 12/29.  Please be a rainbow.
    imagerainbows

All welcome                                   

• FJM85FJM85 member
    welcome and good luck!

Proudly on the dark side

• Definitely start prenatals...my gyno suggested them for me 4 years ago (i wasn't TTC until just this month) and said "it has everything that a normal vitamin has, plus other good stuff.  And it makes your hair thicker and nails stronger, so there's no reason not to take them if you're child-bearing age."  It's good to strat them at least 2 months before TTC, so I'd advise doing that straight away.

Also, my last trip to the gyno i told her i'd likely be TTC before my next annual exam, so she had my blood tested to make sure my major innoculations were up to date (MMR, chicken pox, etc).  Apparenlty MMR can be fatal to the baby if you get it while pregnant, so it can't hurt to be careful about that one.  I believe it's one of those vaccines that wares off for some people but not others.

• I would take a prenatal vitamin in addition to your others. You could also call your OB's office and ask if your OB would like you to be taking anything else (my OB has me taking an extra 4mg folic acid per day), and if there are any labs they want to run pre-TTC (my OB did some basic blood work, which is how we found out my TSH was jacked up, so now we're treating that with medication).
  • You guys are awesome. thank you for all of the great advice and welcomes!
  • Welcome.
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • Welcome! Everyone covered what I would have said, but good luck!
    ***********siggy warning **********

Me: 26 DH: 27
    TTC #1 Since Aug. 2013
    Cycle 1: O CD 25=bfn
    Cycle 2: O CD 48=bfn
    Cycle 3: Anovulatory/Provera =120 days!
    Cycle 4: Anovulatory/Prometrium=127 days! RE consult 6/16
    Me: Anov/poss. pcos?  HSG=normal/SA= Normal 
    July/Aug. 2014= Femara+trigger+TI=BFP!!
    Beta #1@ 16dpo=626!! Beta #2=1510
    Ultrasound @ 5w6d=heartbeat at 110!
    Ultrasound @ 6w6d =heartbeat at 131!

Pregnancy Ticker

• I would ask your OB about getting on a Prenatal.  I have a prescription for one ($4 a month :) ), but I know a lot of the ladies here do an OTC one.  Whatever works for you. 

I mentioned TTC to my OB and I got vaccinated for something (can't remember now what it was) that I needed, but other than that, they just said to call when I get pregnant. 

Welcome and good luck!
    The biggies are the MMR (Measles, mups, rubella) and Tdap - which protects against a few things, but mainly pertussis (whooping cough) which is highly fatal to infants. Additionally, you may want to ask about the timing of your flu shot since you will be TTC in the fall. Other than that, have a pap and you should be good.

Prenatals are always highly recommended and many women on here get on them 3-6 months or more out from TTC.

Welcome!
    TTGP December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Holiday Movie:
    ~Santa Claus is Coming to Town~

TTC #1: July 2014
    Me: 31  DH: 29
    DX (me): Inborn error of metabolism - protein restriction, metabolic formula & weekly blood tests
    DNA Results (7/1): DH is NOT a carrier for my genetic disorder! 
    7/3: Metabolic clinic gave the green light to TTC - holy crap!
  • Welcome! I would ask about prenatals and make sure your vaccinations are up to date. I also made sure any medications I took would be safe during pregnancy.

Me: 33, DH: 35
    Married 10/13, TTC since 7/13
    Dx: MFI
    IUI #1 7/14: BFN
    IUI #2 8/14: BFN
    IVF #1 11/14: 20R17M15F
    Transferred 1 three day embryo! 7 frosties!
    BFP!  EDD 7/27/15

• Welcome (:

• Welcome!

Me: 25 DH: 26
    Married 11/12/11
    BFP 12/17/11
    DS 8/29/12 via C-section
    TFAS 3/2014
    BFP #2 5/25/15 EDD 2/4/2016
    It's a BOY!
  • welcome, everyone else covered what I would have said.
  • Welcome and good luck!
    ~Married 12.09.12~
    ~NTNP #1 since 11.14 - Current Cycle: 2~
    imageimage

• Welcome and congratulations on the marriage!  I agree with everything that everyone has already said.  I hope your stay is short and sweet.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    September Siggy Challenge- You had one job

BabyFruit Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Welcome and good luck to you!
    Together since April 2004.  Married since June 19th, 2010.
     BFP #1: January 31st 2012: CP. 
     BFP #2: June 1st 2012, Due:2/8/13. Avery was born via unplanned c section on 2/13/13. 
     BFP #3: Sept. 25th, 2014. Due: 6/5/15.  MMC on 10/23/14. Confirmed complete molar pregnancy per D&C 10/29/14, 
    HCG officially negative 12/10/14.  Benched until June 2015.

• Welcome and congrats on your recent marriage. I hope your stay here is short & sweet!

Married since June 2010 | TTC January 2014-July 2014 | BFP #1 - 7/22/14 | EDD - 4/2/15

image   image   
    BabyFruit Ticker 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"