April 2014 Moms
Options

Pity party?

I'm finding that Fridays are extra rough for me. After a week at home w LO combined with a day and a half that is supposed to be my "focus on work time", when DH is home and can watch her, up for all night feedings and everything else that it takes to be a FTM, I'm seriously just spent. My work time is really packed with meetings and calls in between running family errands and pumping in the car. My DH is gone from 5am to 9pm most days and Saturday he was invited to a golf tournament that I said he should totally go to, I mean it sounded fun! Now in my fog of exhaustion I'm so mad he's going. Trying to hard to not be angry that he's going as I know it's good for him to go enjoy himself.

In summary, I'm a f-ing mess by Fridays. Anyone have tips for turning this frown upside down when the stress of life gets you nutso? I love spending time with my LO so much, but adjusting to this new life can be tough at times.pity party/vent done. :-/

Re: Pity party?

• Options
    I am not sure I read your post correctly but if I did, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who pumps in the car ( all the time) and whose DH works from 5am to 8 ( usually 8, not 9 here- he works at least 6 days a week).

It is hard, when DH comes home the witching hour starts and there is no time for him to connect with DS2.

I do all feedings. I work 16hrs a week right now ( I know this will be really crazy when I go FT) I seem to have 1 day a week where I just want to sleep/ be still. Is this how you are? I would like to think its normal but I don't know.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have two babies from 9-6 M-F and I know exactly what you mean. My hard days are Wednesday and especially Thursday! Fridays are good because I know it's the weekend coming up. I had to ask my in laws to come up once a week on either of those days and take a baby so I can relax. Sometimes if they both come up they will take both. I get out of the house and go anywhere.

During the week now I will pack up the boys during afternoon nap and will drive with the windows down and no music or music up loud. That's what saves me. I didn't get out on Monday and I was hurtin'.
    image    image    image    image

• Options
    @pleasantsarg‌ yeah, not sure our husbands working hours are normal but I think needing a day to be still and quiet is normal. I just don't always get it and or don't make myself take it! I need to start that ASAP before this cutie has a loon for a momma.

@KatieGummow‌ you are a stronger woman than I with two of them! I really may need to try the car ride thing- and the music thing, sounds so freeing!
  • Options
    I understand how you feel! I work ft and DS is in daycare and I am normally the one who does the drop off/pick up even on the weekdays that my husband is off of work. I get so annoyed sometimes. And my husband will work 6p-6a some days (he switches to 6a-6p the other days) and even though I worked all day I have to take care of DS by myself on these days.

To give myself a break I do nothing but take care of DS and the dog on the days when I am home by myself in the evenings. I will sometimes pick up something yummy for dinner on my way home and catch up watching tv while DS nurses and when he goes to bed, I quickly wash the bottles and my pump parts and go to bed myself. Not stressing about cleaning or running errands really helps me stay sane some days.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"