Breastfeeding

Pumping as a reason to work from home

My work is flexible. I know some of my team mates work from home due to long commute. I am thinking to request work from home a couple days a week too. Do you think if I should use pumping (more time to set it it up) as a reason or commute?

Re: Pumping as a reason to work from home

• agree that it's not the best excuse to work from home.. it's really only 15 minutes, 3x a day. if you were able to keep your LO home with you and not pump, that would certainly be easier. but it would probably be difficult to watch your LO and get work done, depending on how old they are.

i think avoiding a commute makes more sense. or needing a flexible schedule to coordinate pickup/dropoff from childcare, or maybe doing work at odd hours after your SO is home from work.

• It usually take me 25 mins. starting from my cube to the nursing room and set it up, pump 15 mins, and wash/clean just the shield. Also I notice i have less milk when I pump at work. Not sure why. Stress? I feel I take a lot of my work time pumping and I have to make it up by staying at work longer. But I miss my LO and can't wait to go home to see him.
  • Loading the player...
  • i also don't think it's the best excuse. if you would like to work from home for other reasons i would lead with those first.  i haven't returned to work yet but the idea of pumping at work doesn't seem too much of an inconvenience for me (i just need to find a spot to do it - may end up doing it in my car). 

TTC#2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Our little IVF miracle born 5/7/2014
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • you don't have to clean the parts each time- just keep them in an insulated bag with an ice pack or put them in the fridge.

have you tried distracting yourself with something while pumping? like reading a book or magazine? i had to completely ignore what i was doing otherwise i found it difficult to let down.

• Absolutely, that's why I'm doing it. They don't really have a place for me to pump
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"