February 2013 Moms

I. HATE. Social Services (DHS).

I have been trying to get my name updated through them since the marriage in November. Still not updated.

Supposed to have a "redetermination interview" today at 10am? No call. I call them, they say it's scheduled for tomorrow. Not according to all the paperwork they sent me!

And they keep insisting that we qualify for the home heating tax credit (WE DON'T!!!) and I have to provide proof for something that I don't get, and I don't have proof for.

It's such a waste of time and effort! Its like they intentionally are trying to screw people over. It's even worse, because we don't qualify for assistance other than WIC.  My kids don't even qualify for medicaid any more because DH has the option to buy family health insurance through work.  I would let it lapse, but with the skyrocketing cost of food around here, even 3 gallons of whole milk that I don't have to pay for is a huge help. I just wish that the Case Workers actually treated clients like human beings, rather than like we are wasting their time and energy. I always feel like a worthless human being after dealing with them. When did manners become a thing of the past? :(

We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

Re: I. HATE. Social Services (DHS).

• I'm so sorry that they are treating  you that way. They dont treat people like human beings, you are right. T&P that it gets better for you and your family :)
  • :-(  I'm sorry.  That really sucks.  Government agencies seem to be bad all around.  Leigh Anne Tuohy would have that place whipped up in a second.  ;-)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • What's even worse is that I used to work with them. I was employed by another agency, but we team all their programs. So I know how everything works. Unfortunately, I also know my case worker and exactly how disorganized she is.
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• My experiences with case workers at DHS were not very pleasant, either. I am sure there are some good ones out there, but most I have come across treat it like just any other job. Kind of a bummer when you need them to pull through. :/ 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"