January 2015 Moms

Had my first can-I-touch-your-belly moment...

I went to a going away party for a friend tonight and I saw an old friend from high school. We started catching up and I mentioned that I'm prego. The first thing she said was "what! Can I touch it??"
If she was a closer friend and we had kept in contact better...I might've said yes but I was weirded out and said no. Thankfully she realized how awkward her question was as apologized and our conversation continued like it never happened. I wonder how often this is going to happen?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Had my first can-I-touch-your-belly moment...

• Lol, you're lucky she asked! In my experience, there are lots of people who think pregnant bellies are free to touch whenever they please. (And, the best reaction? Touch their bellies right back!)
  • what!  already?  that would have been weird...she'd either have been touching the bloat baby or reaching far enough down for it to be very awkward, at this point.  lol
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    photo gum-chewers.gif
    BFP#1 EDD 04.20.2010, SUNSHINE baby boy born 03.31.2010
    BFP#2 EDD 12.07.2014, natural mc 04.09.2014 at 5w3d
    BFP#3 EDD 01.14.15, RAINBOW baby girl born 01.16.2015

photo quad_zps6309d559.jpg  image   

Lilypie First Birthday tickers  Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    jan'15 january siggy challenge: baby fails
  • Loading the player...
  • This is just so weird to me. I have never had the desire to touch someone else's stomach, pregnant or not. I mean when my sister was pregnant she would invite us to feel the babies kick, but I would never have thought or wanted to just walk up and feel her stomach.
    ******************************************** siggy warning ******************************************

image image

Married July 2011 * TTC #1 since 8/12 * Me: 29 DH: 29
    21 Cycles TI: BFNs
    DX: Stage 2 Endo, uterine polyps and paratubal cysts removed
    2/14: IVF #1 Lupron Protocol = 12R/10M/9F, no frosties; transferred one 3BB blast = BFN
    4/14: IVF #2 Antagonist Protocol = 18R/16M/15F/6 frosties; transferred one 4BB blast = BFP!!
    Beta #1 (5/12) = 232 Beta #2 (5/16) = 886 Beta #3 (5/20) = 3168
    EDD 1/18/15 It's a BOY 

~~~~~~ All Are Welcome ~~~~~~

• I'm not a touchy person with people so most likely I will be very rude to someone that would just walk up and touch my belly bc I'm pregnant. Unfortunately I know some people will be catching hell for it and I'll seem crazy but I'm a don't touch me person unless ur family or in some relation that I like u lol
  • You know I thought I was going to be really offended the first time that happened to me with lo, but the person was so darn excited for me that it was really not offensive at all...however if she came at me right now when I'm just all bloat I might be singing a different tune :)
  • What did she expect to feel? There wont be any outside movement yet and baby is still kind of low (too low for my comfort).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Side note, I'm not a skinny girl by any means so I look like I'm a lot farther along than I really am. She probably thought I was far enough along to feel kicks and stuff.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Announced to more family, and my cousin (who is so excited for me) touched mine -way high- on being told and on goodbye :-) It definitely caught me off guard... and shes family, so had she asked I would have said yes. But... hahaha, I get ya!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • At least she asked first.  It hasn't happened to me yet, but I have had the glances down to my bloated belly.
    Multiple TTCAL 1image
     TTC #1 since March 2011 
    BFP #1: EDD 4/16/13~~blighted ovum w/ 2 gestational sacs~~Loss on 9/18/12
    BFP #2: EDD 9/3/13~~Slow HB at 1st U/S~~MMC -Loss on 2/13/13
    9/13, 10/13, 1/14: letrozole + trigger + TI = All BFNs
    3/14: IUI#1 letrozole/Bravelle/Menopur + trigger = BFN
    BFP #3: EDD 1/27/15 Please be our rainbow! ...Team Green

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"