February 2013 Moms

One nap a day folks

What does your day look like? DS still gives me 2 naps a day when he is home but he goes to daycare 2 days a week and he only naps once there. He will go down between 12 and 1230 and sleeps until between 230 and 3pm. Then he still goes down for normal bedtime around 730pm and up btwn 6 and 7 (usually the earlier half). I am thinking my days of 2 naps are short lived, and wondering what the best timing would be for our one nap a day. He does well on daycares schedule but on the days we are home, I feel like there is no way I can get him to stay up until noon-I dont know how he does it there. That 6 hour stretch seems so long. So...if you are at one nap a day-when does your LO wake up, and when do they go down for that nap?

Re: One nap a day folks

• This probably won't help much because DD has been getting up really late- between 8:30 and 9:30 a.m. Obviously there's no way to get a morning nap in when she's only getting up halfway through the morning, so we went to one nap by default. We put her down between 12:30 and 1:30, usually closer to the earlier time. She sleeps anywhere from an hour and a half to 3 hours.
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• @pinesnow @kleigh926 What time do your kiddos go down for the night?
  • Loading the player...
  • Her official bedtime is 7:30. Occasionally we put her to bed as early as 7:15 if she didn't take a good nap that day and seems tired. During the summer it's hard sometimes to get her in bed by 7:30 because we are out doing something while it's still light out, but it's never later than 8:30 (and that's pushing it).
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• E gets up around 8, goes down for nap at 12-12:30 (depending on lunch), sleeps for 2-3 hours, them goes down for bed at 8pm.
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• 6:30am - Wake up

1pm-3pm - Nap

7:45pm - Bedtime

DS1: Quinn - 10.22.10 and DS2: Cole - 01.18.13

• We're back to an ass crack wake up of 5:30ish. He's down by 11:30 and sleeps 2-2.5 hours on a good day. Bedtime is 7. 
  • @DublinMama‌ Would he sleep later if you moved bedtime an hour later? That's what we do. :/

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• TamaraR4 said:
    @DublinMama‌ Would he sleep later if you moved bedtime an hour later? That's what we do. :/
    Unfortunately not. It seems like no matter what time he goes to bed, 5:30-6 is average for him. So if he's going to wake up early regardless, I'd rather put him to bed on the earlier side and have some time to myself. I don't make it much past 9 myself, so if he goes to bed at 8, that really only leaves me an hour or so before I crash. Then we're up with the sun. 
  • Wake up between 7-8, nap is at 12 and bedtime is between 630-730 usually around 7.

We do a morning rest time where she plays in her crib for about 30 minutes (while I nurse the newbie) and this helps with the tiredness.

I normally base bedtime on when she wakes from her nap and try to do 4 hours between wake up and bedtime

Married to DH 10.29.11

DD born 1.26.13
    DS born 6.12.14
    #3 due 12.6.16

• TamaraR4 said:

@DublinMama‌ Would he sleep later if you moved bedtime an hour later? That's what we do. :/

Unfortunately not. It seems like no matter what time he goes to bed, 5:30-6 is average for him. So if he's going to wake up early regardless, I'd rather put him to bed on the earlier side and have some time to myself. I don't make it much past 9 myself, so if he goes to bed at 8, that really only leaves me an hour or so before I crash. Then we're up with the sun. 

In so sorry! I'm tired just thinking about getting up that early in a daily basis... :(

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• TamaraR4 said:
    TamaraR4 said:
    In so sorry! I'm tired just thinking about getting up that early in a daily basis... :(
    During the school year it's not horrible because I have to get up at 6 anyway. This Thursday we are going to NY. We're leaving on Sunday but DS is staying with MIL for the week, who on average gets up around 3:30 a.m. (I can't even talk about it). So at least next week I have a glorious week to sleeeeeeep. A lot. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"