Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Baby carriers--does everyone use them? If not--why?

Hi ladies,
I've been seeing a lot of talk about which baby carriers are best.  It had me wondering--does anyone not use a baby carrier?  If not--why?

Re: Baby carriers--does everyone use them? If not--why?

• Options
    Lots of people don't use them for many reasons ranging from baby not liking it to never trying. To each their own!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I LOVE my baby carriers. Seriously still use my Tula and my son is almost 21 months old! There was a time period where he didnt like it as much, but we fought through and now most of the time he is pretty chill in it. 
    .Became a mama to my sweet little boy after 3 years of waiting and praying in October '12. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Miscarried twins from our first IUI cycle. D&C on August 14th, 2014
    Second IUI cycle: BFP
    Beta #1 (13dpiui): 74 Beta #2 (16dpiui): 505 Beta #3 (18dpiui): 1205
    First Ultrasound- 6w2d 110BPM! Our baby has a heartbeat!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    we go in spurts. some times use it more, other times the stroller. Is nice to have the options depending on LO's mood, current location of the ache of my back, desired length of the trip... my LO is a lightweight though. If my child was 30 lbs at 1.5 years, doubt would be doing the carrier for very long afterwards. Does reduce the wrist/arm strain from carrying her without the carrier.

Here's a great resource for comparing different carriers - was reccomended by a mom in my playgroup ...
    theportablebaby.com/carrierfeatures.html
    I ended up getting the Boba 4G after my daughter reached 17 lbs and my shoulders hurt with our 2nd hand Bjorn. Some times wonder if would have started using the carrier earlier if we had initially gotten the 4G. We got something rather similar, but was completly overwhelming when sleep deprived.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I never did with DD. Never saw a need for it as she was always very happy in a stroller / car seat and at home she happily entertains herself for a while so I can get things done if I need to
  • Options
    =Lee=B=Lee=B member

I would say more DON'T use one than those that do.  Those of us that DO use them are just more verbal than the non-users :-)

My 15month old could not handle strollers, car seats or anything that moved and was not a warm body for the first year.  I think it was becasue I was on bedrest for 4 weeks before she was born and she was used to being very still...not rocked and sloshed in fluid.  The stroller and swings etc was probably more like being in a moving womb than a bedrest womb!  That's my theory anyways.  She now tolerates them but we still use the carrier sometimes.

I remember at my 6week PP checkup the OB and staff were so excited that I walked in with her strapped to my chest.  They said all the babies come in car seats now a days.  I was able to do the check up exam with her strapped to my chest :-)

• Options
    I love carrying a baby. When DD was newborn, I finally attacked the Moby when she wouldn't nap. That thing was my best friend. She was much happier wrapped to me than in a car seat in the grocery store. Also, I had more room for groceries. As she got older, I switched to an Ergo... big fun when out and about. Also very helpful on vacations, walks and anything else where a car seat is a PITA.

For DD #2... I'm already ready with a bunch of carriers. I bought a wrap, ring sling, K'Tan and a Beco Gemini to add to what I had. I ready to wear this baby and continue my daily activities with DD #1.
    IVF #1- BFP- DD 4/8/2011
    FET #1- 3BB and 3B-B
    Beta #1 (4w0d)- 504
    Beta #2 (4w4d)- 4,577
    Beta #3 (6w0d)- 78,399 HB 115 bpm
    U/S #2 7w0d- HB 155 bpm

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options
    I didn't use a carrier much for the first few months because DD loved the stroller. Now, she only wants to be held, so my Ergo is my BFF.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"