Trying to Get Pregnant

Who knew it could be so hard to conceive

Hello there!

I'm fairly new and have been exploring the blogs a lot. I'm 29, my husband and I have been married for a little over a year now. We've been together for 5 yrs and we are both ready to get pregnant and have a baby. He has a 12 yr old daughter that lives with us but this will be our first together.

We've been TTC for the past 3 months with no luck so far. I've read so many articles and have started to change my diet already. I cut down on the coffee and alcohol (even though I've never been a heavy drinker). Prenatals. Trying to eat more veggies, I take Zumba classes 2-3 times a week and I have even started to take it easy on that as well trying not to over due it. Every time we TTC I do things the articles out there say...stay in bed for at least 15 min with legs raised. I track my period on some of the phone apps out there, I have three different apps I use. This weekend I've decided to go out and get an ovulation kit to use. I never thought it would be this hard. Everytime I get my period I feel down for about 2 days and then I just try to pick myself up and get positive and back on it to try again. I know for an average healthy couple statistics say it usually takes about a year but is there anything I can do so I don't feel so down?

Thanks!

Re: Who knew it could be so hard to conceive

• I get that it can get really frustrating, really fast to not conceive....however, it can and often does take a healthy couple a year to conceive. Many of the women on here have been trying for much longer than that.

99.9% of apps are crap. Use Fertility Friend. Chart your temps, read their tutorials, read the newbie sticky at the top of this board, use OPKs, etc. to help you time everything correctly. Those apps just predict your cycle and are very often wrong. You only know when you ovulate if you temp (outside of u/s). Also read Taking Charge of Your Fertility.

Wondfo brand tests and OPKs on amazon are super cheap as well.

It's great that you are getting so prepared and making healthy lifestyle changes...now just remember that it may take a while.

TTGP December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Holiday Movie:
    ~Santa Claus is Coming to Town~

TTC #1: July 2014
    Me: 31  DH: 29
    DX (me): Inborn error of metabolism - protein restriction, metabolic formula & weekly blood tests
    DNA Results (7/1): DH is NOT a carrier for my genetic disorder! 
    7/3: Metabolic clinic gave the green light to TTC - holy crap!
  • Loading the player...
  • I understand your frustration, people make it seem like it always happens so quickly and easily! I would definitely recommend temping, it is really helpful. Most here use fertility friend, there are lots of tutorials on the site about how to temp. Try to do things that take your mind off TTC.

Also, try to do things that you want and don't worry about possibly being pregnant months from now. I was trying to decide if I should book a vacation because I thought for sure I'd be pregnant but I'm not yet so I'm glad I decided to take the trip! good luck!
    ***********siggy warning **********

Me: 26 DH: 27
    TTC #1 Since Aug. 2013
    Cycle 1: O CD 25=bfn
    Cycle 2: O CD 48=bfn
    Cycle 3: Anovulatory/Provera =120 days!
    Cycle 4: Anovulatory/Prometrium=127 days! RE consult 6/16
    Me: Anov/poss. pcos?  HSG=normal/SA= Normal 
    July/Aug. 2014= Femara+trigger+TI=BFP!!
    Beta #1@ 16dpo=626!! Beta #2=1510
    Ultrasound @ 5w6d=heartbeat at 110!
    Ultrasound @ 6w6d =heartbeat at 131!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Jags8Jags8 member
    Get rid of the crap predictor apps on your phone. Download Fertility Friend. Track your BBT (as well as other signs such as cervical mucous if you'd like). Good luck!
  • FJM85FJM85 member

Welcome and good luck!

I second FF - this is the first month I've used it, as well as first month temping, and it really helps to get to know your cycles.

Proudly on the dark side

• I don't have anything new to add, but good luck and welcome! All the tips mentioned above help a lot when TTC. The ladies here know their stuff! Stick around and you'll learn a lot! :)

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Thank you all for your help and support. I was also thinking of starting to chart my BBT as well. Hearing from all of you has helped me decide that I am definitely going to start chatting ur ASAP!!
  • I don't have anything to add, the other posters covered it all.  Just wanted to say welcome & good luck!

• It seems like it's only easy for teenagers ;) Welcome!

What Are Your Thoughts on Tap Dancing Penguins?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"