Trying to Get Pregnant

Please help as I don't know dates...

I hope somebody can help me. 
I had the implant for 3 years and never had an period/bleeding of any kind. I had it out with the idea of ttc but my other half had cold feet so I went on the pill for a month (I did miss a few and has to double up a few times), at the end of my first packet he decided that he did want a lo and so I stopped. I had my last pill on the sun 25th of May and af didn't show until thu 29th. It's now the 29th of June and I haven't had my af ! Today I did have a little clear discharge (sorry tmi) and I am getting some cramps but as I haven't had a period in 3 years I'm not sure what's normal and what not. I know the only way to know is test but I want to wait until 45 day has passed as I know that the longest 'healthiest' amount of time. 
I just can't get it out oft head right now and so just need a little help please x
Thank you xx

Re: Please help as I don't know dates...

• mosdubmosdub member
    Sounds like your body has been through a lot, and I wouldn't be surprised if your cycles vary a bit after the IUD and birth control.  You may not even be late for your period.  You may not have ovulated!  It's hard to say if you haven't been temping your BBT.

Unfortunately, no one can tell you if your symptoms have anything to do with pregnancy, or what your chances are.

If you think you are late then test - that will be the only thing that can tell you!  Otherwise, wait and see.  In the mean time, check out the newbie blog HERE

I'm pretty new to TB myself, and the blog helped a lot.  It will also give you a sense of what is appropriate to post and how to best enjoy your time here!  

TTC since 5/2014 
    Aug 15 January Siggy Challenge:  Favorite "mean girl" from tv/movies

BabyFruit Ticker
  • uraniurani member
    edited June 2014
    Call your doctor if you go 60 days without a period and home pregnancy tests are negative. In the meantime read the newbie blog that was linked above and consider tracking your basal body temperature so you can track your cycle better. Most people here use an app called Fertility Friend. It might take some time for your body to regulate itself after getting off birth control.
  • Loading the player...
  • This is **totally** normal, as others have said. It sucks but your body can take several months to get back to regular cycles after being on birth control. Fertility returns quickly after the pill & the implant -- but there's no reason to expect regular cycles right off the bat. 

That said, I would absolutely take a test now. No reason to wait until 45 days. Just take a test. If you really don't want to, then at least take prenatal vitamins.

I highly recommend the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility!!!
  • Af showed today. No baby this month :(
  • Take the opportunity to start temping then! CD1 is always disappointing but you can help have better timing (and know when you're late or if you should test) by using OPKs and tracking your BBT. Like the other ladies mentioned download the fertility friend app or go to www.fertilityfriend.com and make yourself an account. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"