LGBT Parenting

GTKY June 27th

1. Best tv show, book or movie you've seen lately?
2. How have you been enjoying summer? Activities/events?
3. Who's the friend you've had the longest in life? Tell us about him/her?
4. Favorite summer fruit?
5. What's up this weekend?

All good thoughts to our friend @ball.and.chain!!!
Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
June'12 - First RE Visit
Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

Re: GTKY June 27th

• 1. Best tv show, book or movie you've seen lately? Hm. I've been reading a lot recently, but most of it is 'fluff' and I haven't loved it - but it is better than summer tv. :) I do like The Fosters and I just watched the HBO doc, "The Case Against Prop 8" which was good.

2. How have you been enjoying summer? Activities/events? I love the fact we get to leave 30m later in the mornings, I love that we don't have to deal with homework in the evenings, I love that I can be a bit more lenient with letting them stay up reading in bed at night, I love that it is light later in the evenings. I am not loving my longer commute to/from camp and work.

3. Who's the friend you've had the longest in life? Tell us about him/her? The friend I've had the longest that I am still in regular contact with (aside from just being FB friends) is a friend from 3rd grade. We don't see or talk to each other that often (a few times/year) but I just talked to her last week for a long time. We are just at very different stages of our lives.

4. Favorite summer fruit? Watermelon. But i am the only one in my house who will eat it, so I don't tend to buy a whole watermelon for myself very often.

5. What's up this weekend? Tonight - meeting L and the kids for dinner. I might go to get my haircut after dinner.  Sat - L might take the kids to a movie and if I don't get my haircut, I'll do that. We're going to hit up a consignment store that L found last week and wants to go back. Sunday - The kids have 2 back to back birthday parties. I think we are going to dinner with one of the families after the second party. The kids are going to crash that night (swimming party and laser tag!!)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • JGYJGY member

We finally started watching Orange is the New Black, and we're really liking it.  That's fun.

The summer is awesome. I really love being able to take the little dude outside.  I love that the dog can romp in the yard, and that the cat is totally content to just hang on the back porch for hours (well, he'd rather be outside, but that's not happening).  I love playing softball every week, and I love that it stays light out later and later.  I love that I have friends that live close enough to walk over and say hi or grill out.  Why on earth do I live in MN where it's winter 8 months out of the year???

Honestly?  My Sister.  She's the one tride and true person who has known me my whole life and with whom I communicate on a regular basis.  But I understand family probably doesn't count, so ... my friend Seth is someone I've been close to since I was about 6.  He actually moved out here to MN a few years ago but we haven't spent a ton of time together (unfortunately).  I should rectify that.  I don't speak to many other people from my childhood, unfortunately.

Apricots.  But I never get them because they're so darn expensive!

It's Pride weekend here in MN.  Tonight we're going to a BBQ, which should be fun.  There will be some friends there with small kids who we haven't seen in a while, and it's literally across the street from our house.  Tomorrow evening we have a wedding, then Sunday we'll do brunch and drinks before the parade, and go from there.  If we're up for it we'll head down to the festival after the parade, if not we will just head home.  It's a lot for the little guy.

YES!  All good thoughts to B&C.  Glad they're taking it slow.  :)

Married to my amazing wife 6/12/10 
    TTC since 6/11
    Unmedicated IUI #1 - 6/28/11 - BFN
    Unmedicated IUI #2 - 7/25/11 - BFN
    Robotic Myomectomy (Fibroid Surgery) - 11/15/11
    Unmedicated IUI #3 - 4/24/12 - BFN 
    Progesterone Supported Leuteal Phase IUI #4 - 6/21/12 - BFP!!
    Baby Boy G Born 3/24/13

On to #2, are we crazy?
    IUI #1 - 11/28/14 - BFP!  Beta #1 (11DPO) 34, Beta #2 (13DPO) 101, Beta #3 (20DPO) 3043
    Ultrasound at 6w4d shows a single, fluttering heartbeat.  Say hello to Sticky Ricki!

• Loading the player...
  • 1. Best tv show, book or movie you've seen lately? I haven't seen a lot of movies so I'd have to say X-Men "Days of Futures Past" which we saw at the drive-in a few weeks back. I love Game of Thrones as a TV show, and I'm sad its over for the next many months
    2. How have you been enjoying summer? Activities/events?  I adore summer right now.  We're busy every weekend from now through mid-August, and some weekdays too. It's great to get family time (versus during the semester).  We've gone on walks, to the fair, to friends houses, parks, swimming, playgrounds, the pirate festival, drive-in movies, had bbqs...  I love the warm weather and general feel of "jubilation".

3. Who's the friend you've had the longest in life? Tell us about him/her? I'd say my friend N, who has been my BFF since we were 5.  We lived close to one another and walked to school together as kids, and played after school. We were in the Girl Scouts together, and just never have lost touch even though she lives in Manhattan and I live in Northern California.  We're definitely different people, and I think of her more as my "sister" or close "cousin" than a friend because we have so much history.  She's a super sweet person with a lot of quirks.  She and her husband live kind of jetsetter lifestyle with lots of dinners outs and travel. They'll likely not have kids so she's quite invested in our kiddos, and is a great auntie to them.

4. Favorite summer fruit? Cherries

5. What's up this weekend? Our babies are sick which is particular traumatic for our little Owen (who turns 8 weeks old today!!)  We had a long night, after several longer-than-usual nights over the last few days.  Needless to say I'm tired.  I have Acupuncture tonight at 6, maybe it will help.
    I'm planning a Bridal Shower for a friend that is getting married in July, so today I am making 36 cupcakes, and running a few errands. Tomorrow we're heading a couple of hours North to the party which starts at 1.  After that our DJ friend is throwing a small dance party in Sebastopol. A bunch of lesbians we've gotten to know over the years will be there, and since many are older without kids our babies will get lots of attention and cuddles. Hopefully everyone is feeling better and we can keep our Saturday plans. It's not looking good though.

Sunday is completely open, but since we leave for LA and Vegas next Friday morning, my guess is we'll lay low and clean out the mini-van, etc. 

Keeping @ball.and.chain in my thoughts today.  So thrilled for her and her wife to meet their Mr. Baby soon.
  • 1. Favorite book movie- fault in our stars

2. Summer activities: beach trips, cookouts and pool time!!!

3. BFF dawn since 7th grade. We are going to beach for a week together July 6-13th.

4. Strawberries!!!!!

5. Weekend- tonight karaoke/good bye Emily party tomorrow CLEANING/hangover and Sunday mom is coming to town!!!

10 medicated IUI's (3 with injectables). 
    IUI #1 (medicated) Jan. 2013-BFP!!!!- Beta's didn't double, MTX shot for possible ectopic.
    8 IUI's between April 13-April 14 = BFN 
    IUI #10 and final before IVF, injectables May 2014- BFP!!!!  TWINS!!!!

7 week ultrasound showed 2 wonderful heartbeats!
    8 weeks to the ER with vaginal bleeding while on vacations!  Diagnosed SubChorionic Hemorrhage.  Babies are both great.
    9 week ultrasound showed both babies are still great.
  • trisholiotrisholio member
    edited June 2014
    Is it bad that I have no idea?  I only read parenting/pregnancy books right now and I watch a little tv but its mostly mindless tv at the end of the night to wind down.
    I love spending time at the pool, having two kids now it is so much more work!  But fun nonetheless.  I hate being super hot, but I can stand it for short periods of time.  I feel like we are much more social in the summer, which has been nice for us and the girls both.
    I have recently got back in contact with my best friend from high school.  We had a falling out a few years back due to her d-bag husband whom she is no longer married to, yay!  I love having her back in my life.  She came to our baby shower and my mom and sister both cried because they knew the struggle we had in our friendship and were so happy to see us on the right track.
    green grapes and strawberries
    As soon as my wife gets home (in about 30 minutes) we are going to pack up the girls and head to the Columbus Zoo.  My wife is super stoked and I am hoping my back pain lets up a little bit.  We got a free family membership thru our foster agency, so even if we only stay a few hours it will be worth it.  Tomorrow we have a house warming party to go to, I want to go but it is a mutual friend of an ex of mine and I really hope he is not there.  He is the type of person that doesn't let go of things and he seriously still hates my guts and talks about me to this mutual friend often, its so annoying because I have totally moved on.  But our friend has been a good friend to me and tells him to get over it too, I want to see her new house and she loves M and K!  Sunday is church and then over to my moms house for the afternoon.  All these plans are subject to change if my sister ever has her baby!  She is almost a week over due and 3cm dilated but he is still high and not ready.  I am proud that she is not inducing yet even though her Dr's were trying to push it.  He isn't large, she has no health problems and she said he will come when he is ready.  So babywatch 2014 (take 1) is still in full swing.

T & G My wife and I married 9/10/11 in Niagara Falls, NY
    HSG 12/12/12        
    #1 ICI 12/15/12              BFN on 12/29/12
    #2 ICI  1/11/13                BFN 1/28/13                       
    #3 ICI 2/11/13                 BFN

#4 ICI August 2013,  Clomid 100mg    BFN on 8/30/13 
    #5 ICI September-Clomid 100,  mg ICI 8/15 and 8/16,  BFN on 9/3
    #6 ICI October-Clomid 150 mg for 5 days   BFN 10/27
    uterine laparoscopy on 11/14-no endo or cysts
    #7 IUI December-Clomid 150mg    BFP 12/21
    12/23 Beta 51     12/26 Beta 209!
    First ultrasound on January 8th 2014-great healthy heartbeat
    Second Ultrasound January 23 (8 weeks) we got to see and hear the heartbeat
    Third Ultrasound Feb 4th(10 weeks), then will  released to OBGYN'
    It's a GIRL!
    We welcomed Adalyn Cooper Elizabeth on 8/29/14
    She was 7lbs 11oz and 19.6 inches long

Proud foster parents to two little girls ages 2.5 yrs old, M,  and 1 year old, K

• 1. Best tv show, book or movie you've seen lately?
    - oh man, I watch FAR too much TV. C and I have recently been watching Cake Boss on Netflix. I work from home so I am always watching some TV garbage.

- that being said...no reading recently. Most of my reading has been online and regarding baby stuff, induced lactation, and baby having.

- the best movie I've seen recently would have to be the most recent X-Men movie. C and I LOVE to go to the movies and are really taking advantage of it before Squints gets here.

- I'm going to tell you guys a secret...I HATE heat!!! That being said this summer we have spent time visiting family and spending time together. We've had a lot to celebrate in the last few months! :-)

3. Who's the friend you've had the longest in life? Tell us about him/her
    - I am really lucky to have a lot of close friends still from my childhood.
    - my friend Rachel and I have known each other since about the 1st grade. She is funny and silly and we have the same sense of humor. we've been through everything together.
    - my friend Kathy and I met in high school and we talk once a week. She is so laid back and we are total opposites! We were each other's first room mates (which was a disaster) and we've still remained friends!
    - Candace and I met in high school and we are like the same person. She is so supportive and awesome! She is the person (besides C of course) that I would call my soulmate!

Watermelon! I can't get enough!

C is at camp most of the weekend. Tonight I am really cleaning our house...it's out of control and then tomorrow my parents will be here! It will be a good weekend!

Queer coupled and having a BABY with the love of my life! Love my life and wouldn't have it any other way!
    First IUI 1/22/2013 BFN: 2/7/2013, Second IUI 2/21/2013 BFN: 3/9/2013, Third IUI 4/23/2013 BFN: 5/8/2013, Fourth IUI 5/24/2013 BFN: 6/7/2013, Fifth IUI 6/24/2013 BFN: 7/8/2013

C began IUI's
    7/23/2013 C's first IUI BFN, 8/21/2013 C's second IUI BFN , Took a break in September and October, 11/05/2013 C's 3rd IUI (TWW...we meet again...) BFN, Took off the month to switch to an RE. 01/01/2014 C's 4th IUI...BFP!!!!!!!! Beta #1- 17, Beta #2- 34, Beta #3-140....  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

03/21/2014 IUI #10...BFP!!! Beta #1- 48, Beta #2- 416, Beta #3- 1018. GROW BABY GROW!!!

1st Ultrasound 4/22/2014 Baby Squints is PERFECT! Measuring at 6w2d with a heartbeat of 129. EDD: 12/12/14.

Ultrasound at 18 weeks on 7/14/2014. Baby is healthy and growing just as she should!

Check out my blog at: http://journeytoparenthoodandmakingmilk.blogspot.com/

• JGYJGY member

Seriously, @Jazibel ... how do you do it?  Where on god's green earth do you find the energy and time and make it all work?  I am in AWE, girl.

Married to my amazing wife 6/12/10 
    TTC since 6/11
    Unmedicated IUI #1 - 6/28/11 - BFN
    Unmedicated IUI #2 - 7/25/11 - BFN
    Robotic Myomectomy (Fibroid Surgery) - 11/15/11
    Unmedicated IUI #3 - 4/24/12 - BFN 
    Progesterone Supported Leuteal Phase IUI #4 - 6/21/12 - BFP!!
    Baby Boy G Born 3/24/13

On to #2, are we crazy?
    IUI #1 - 11/28/14 - BFP!  Beta #1 (11DPO) 34, Beta #2 (13DPO) 101, Beta #3 (20DPO) 3043
    Ultrasound at 6w4d shows a single, fluttering heartbeat.  Say hello to Sticky Ricki!

• ATXmommasATXmommas member
    edited June 2014
    Let's see if I can complete this in my 20 minute pump break... ETA: Answer is no. I started this a long time ago. :)

1. I can't remember the last real book I read - before Ash was born sadly. We watched Blue is the Warmest Color recently, which is highly acclaimed. It was good, but not my taste really. I'm sooo not answering this question well. I'll go with OITNB. And, I'm a bit obsessed with Property Brothers right now.

2. I done feel like we've had a chance to do anything summery yet and nothing big planned. Maybe some pool time with the little guy to practice what we learn in swim class. And, eating some yummy summer veggies from our CSA. We're a little boring this year!

3. I have a few friends from junior high and high school that I keep in touch with. I don't have anyone from before junior high that I'm still close to. The person that in closest to now is one of my food friends from HS who also lives in Austin (we're from MS). We want to different colleges and while we kept in touch, weren't in close contact at the time. Right after I moved to Austin (10 years ago this July!!), I found our she was also moving to Austin. She was here within a couple of weeks as me. We talk every couple weeks and try to see each other at least once a month. She has a 5 year old and a 5 day old, so I see some play/wine dates in our future!

4. Tomatoes. We have a ton of locally grown tomatoes right now and I'm LOVING them. So is Ash - he can't get enough. So cute. Also love watermelon, but I've been disappointed with the watermelon I've bought from the grocery. The one from the farmers market I bought was good, though.

5. I feel like total crud today. I'm stuffy, my throat hurts, and I'm exhausted. And, I have a plugged milk duct. Huh??? I struggled with recurring plugged ducts in the first 3 months, but I havent had one in months!!! I'm also super exhausted even though Ash broke his record of sleeping 5 hours sraight last night (he actually slept almost 9!!! Whoohoo!!!), I was awake at 4 and couldn't go back to sleep - go figure. I want to go crawl in bed and rest. Sorry for being so whiney. We were invited to a party tomorrow night, but the idea of leaving Ash at bedtime still stresses me out. Z really wants me to get out and hang out with our friends and offered to stay home with him (rather than getting a babysitter) so I would feel more comfortable, but it will largely depend on if I feel better tomorrow. Otherwise, we have Ash's swim lesson tomorrow and just more of the usual - farmers market, cooking, cleaning, and maybe a family run. Oh, and get ready for Ash's tube procedure on Monday. Didn't update the parenting check-in after our ENT appt on Tuesday, but yep that's happening.

Have a great weekend everyone!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1. Best tv show, book or movie you've seen lately?
    We blew through Season 2 of OITNB, and now we're on to Orphan Black - if you like a little sci-fi bent, this show is about a woman who discovers she is a clone and meets others (the actress plays all of them, and is amazing). Super smart, cool show! We're up to epi. 7 of season 1; both seasons 1 & 2 are On Demand on BBC America. Addictive!

Well so far Seattle has had a great summer, which is odd, because like @herbabymama, our "summer" does not typically include June. It's usually cold and crappy! But it's been lovely. Lots of lake walks, and grill dinners almost every night! And, less gardening than usual but still doing some of that.

I met my friend Gayle on the merry-go-round at our small town park. I had spacers in my teeth and she asked if they hurt. She was only in town in the summer since her parents were divorced, but in 7th grade she moved to her dad's and went to our school. We have been close ever since and I love her to pieces. She still lives in my home town, and I love getting to see her, and it's like we saw each other yesterday, even when it's been a year! And, she's super Christian, and was the first straight person I told I was gay, and I swear she set the tone for me in terms of my confidence telling more people in her amazing, loving and beautiful reaction! So grateful to her for that.

I wrote about them on TTT this week, but Rainier Cherries for sure. If I'd never had one, I would say "growing up strawberries" - like the really good amazing ones, not the oversized hard ones that are grown in Mexico and available year-round. Bluck.

We are on Whidbey Island! It's about an hour to get here from Seattle, but feels like another world. Today we went thrifting and bummed around one of the cute little towns here. Weather is mixed, so we're doing our usual jigsaw puzzle during rainy periods. Just nice to be someplace else, and have 3 days of J time at once! What a win.

Go @ball.and.chain!!!
    Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
    Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
    June'12 - First RE Visit
    Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
    Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
    Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
    Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
    Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
    EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
    Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
    We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

• 1. Best tv show, book or movie you've seen lately? Saw The Other Woman and laughed our butts off (but always love Pitch Perfect), working on gathering book collection to begin reading, really gotten into The Big Bang Theory and love So You Think You Can Dance

2. How have you been enjoying summer? Activities/events? Nothing special for this summer. Cancelled our annual summer plans as my SIL is due in about 3 weeks.

3. Who's the friend you've had the longest in life? Tell us about him/her? Don't really have any long-term friends that I speak with daily (or even see anymore). When my ex (of 10 yrs) and I broke up there was a lot of immaturity. The friends we have now are amazing and I love them. They are a small bunch, but I can truly say we can rely on them for anything.

4. Favorite summer fruit? Lately it has been watermelon! The girls seem to make me want to eat a ton of it.

5. What's up this weekend? Had babyshower #1 and had a great time

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Married to M and proud mothers to Olivia and Elise (8/19/2014) and to our fur-babies: Capone (pitbull), Jax and Atticus (cats)

• 1. Best tv show, book or movie you've seen lately? We've been watching OITNB and love it. Only problem is we marathoned it and now have to wait a year until Season 4!
    2. How have you been enjoying summer? Activities/events? Expecting twins and almost 24 weeks and exhausted so mostly chilling.
    3. Who's the friend you've had the longest in life? Tell us about him/her? One friend since we were 4 years old who lives outside Boston now (I'm in NC) but there's a plan she'll come visit after the twins are born.  Can't wait.
    4. Favorite summer fruit? All of them, especially mango.  Can't get enough.
    5. What's up this weekend? Probably a trip to farmers market with DW and kids then rest.  I have minimal stamina these days.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"