Babies on the Brain
Options

Is it necessary to talk with your doctor if your cycles aren't "regular"?

When I say regular I mean exactly X days apart. The first two months off BC my cycle would start on the exact same date (27th) but now that it's been four months I've noticed the third month started 4 days after and now this fourth month it seems to be waiting to start as well.

I remember being told that if you aren't having a period regularly every month THEN it's something to be concerned about..but wasn't sure if this was a big deal or not!

Thanks for your input!

Re: Is it necessary to talk with your doctor if your cycles aren't "regular"?

• Options
    Your body isn't a machine. When your period comes is based on when you ovulate and how long your luteal phase is. Check out the TTGP blog on the TTGP board (can't link now, I'm on my iPad). If you go 60 days without a period you need to contact your doctor.
  • Options
    Mine have ranged from 28-35 days, with somewhere between 29-32 being totally normal. A few days here and there is totally normal because as PP said, your body isn't a machine. Now, if you were having 60+ day cycles with no period or were having cycles that were consistently 14 days, then that might be something to talk to a doctor about.

Also, OP, if your period starts on the 27th of every month, then it's naturally varying by a few days because there are different numbers of days in some months.

TTC #1 since 11/2012
    Me-31, H-27
    **Loss 1-Cycle 7(June 2013) at 5w6d-CP**Loss 2-Cycle 11(October 2013) at 5w4d-CP**
    **Loss 3-Cycle 14 (January-February 2014)-M/C dx 2/10, EP dx 2/24, MTX 2/25**
    Beta Hell--hCG finally down to 0 - 6/20/14
    SA normal. Genetic testing normal. Hormonal testing normal.
    HSG 6/30/14 - found blocked left tube and 2 'bubbles' on uterine wall.
    Hysteroscopy/Lap--8/4/14 - Tubes unblocked. Polyps removed from uterine wall. Septum removed.
     9/30/14--Off the bench! Unmedicated TI through December 2014
    BFP 12/14/14!!! Beta #1, 12/16: 990 Beta #2, 12/18: Over 2000! Beta #3, 12/22: over 8000!
     U/S #1, 12/23: gestational sac, possible heartbeat
    U/S #2, 12/30: HEARTBEAT! 128bpm, measuring right on at 7w EDD: 8/19/2015
    U/S #3, 1/9: BPM in the 180s, IT'S HAPPENING!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Definitely check out the blog from the Trying To Get Pregnant board, it has some great info and links. I use Fertility Friend to help me track my cycles. I chart my basal body temperature (BBT) and other fertile signs to help me know where I am in a cycle and when to expect my period.
  • Options

So wait, your cycle is consistently 4 days longer and you think that's irregular? 

FFS. 

Haha no....there would be no reason for me to ask this question if it were consistently 4 days late lol

Thanks everyone! I appreciate the responses!
  • Options
    cutestar51cutestar51 member
    edited June 2014
    I didn't think just asking a question would be such a big deal..I thought this was a website where we can all discuss things in a friendly manner. There really is no need for hostility.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"