April 2014 Moms
Options

What not to say to a working mom (vent)

So a client that I had helped while I was pregnant came in today and saw the picture of my baby on my desk. It's her 2 months sticker picture and she asked me how old she was ... "Two months" I said. "Oh really?! How long have you been back to work?" I told her just this week and she says to me "yeah I just loved my kids too much to go back to work" . My head spun and I looked at her and said "I guess I love mine too much to not be able to give her what she needs and wants" Then tried to get her out of my office ASAP. She's married to a Doctor and I'm married to a manager at target... People are awful.

Re: What not to say to a working mom (vent)

• Options
    Some people are just asses
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Good for you for calling her out on it- she clearly doesn't think!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

\image  image

• Options
    That would really piss me off! I'm like you... I work because I DO love my LO too much. We couldn't provide for him if I didn't work .

BFP 8/9/2013
    EDD for our baby boy 4/14/2014
    Eli Thomas born 4/22/2014

• Options
    What is wrong with people?!?
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Just wow! Some people don't even think
  • Options
    Excellent reply! Good for you!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • Options
    W-O-W... I would have totally froze if someone said that to me. Although my salary pays a little more than covering daycare, it still helps support our family. Plus, I genuinely like working, but it doesn't mean I love DD any less. Sounds like this woman is a helicopter mom in the making. What was her reaction after sticking it to her?
  • Options
    What a d bag! Seriously?!?! Who does that?!?! Everyone's situation is different and that snooty bitch does know yours! You handled it very well!
  • Options
    Thats Horrible! I am a SAHM and I would never dream of saying anything like that! I realize that I am lucky to be able to be a SAHM. Some people are just so ignorant and the things that come out of their mouths! You handled it so well, if it was me, i would have hauled off and decked her!
    Together Since 9/14/2008 
    Married since 08/19/2011 
    Audrey born 5/9/2014 

A14 August Siggy Challange: This time Last Year

Me DH
    image image

• Options
    She sucks.
  • Options
    After i said that she was like "well I guess I never really worked even before my kids" Barf! Is that supposed to somehow make it better? By now rubbing in that you have never been a peasant like me and worked for a living. The worst part is she never even realized she was being a bitch. She is so pretentious that it never even occurred to her that I was offended. Once we were over the "you're shit for working" she assumed that my mom was watching the baby since I wasn't. As if that is the only other acceptable option. So I think she felt sorry for me when I said "no she goes to a sitter, my mom works too" I really wanted to say " I come from a long line of working women who just have kids to pay someone else to watch them because we obviously don't love them if we work".

I didn't add all this to the first post because I had a limited amount of time before the screaming for a bottle began.
  • Options
    lmac2582 said:

After i said that she was like "well I guess I never really worked even before my kids" Barf! Is that supposed to somehow make it better? By now rubbing in that you have never been a peasant like me and worked for a living. The worst part is she never even realized she was being a bitch. She is so pretentious that it never even occurred to her that I was offended. Once we were over the "you're shit for working" she assumed that my mom was watching the baby since I wasn't. As if that is the only other acceptable option. So I think she felt sorry for me when I said "no she goes to a sitter, my mom works too" I really wanted to say " I come from a long line of working women who just have kids to pay someone else to watch them because we obviously don't love them if we work".

I didn't add all this to the first post because I had a limited amount of time before the screaming for a bottle began.

I get this all the time about who is watching my kids. 1) my parents both work 2) our nanny is WAY better with my kids then my parents would be!
  • Options
    Eff that entitled, out of touch bee-otch. You're an awesome Mama and don't ever forget it. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"