May 2013 Moms
Options

Mirena Users please step in prob tmi

I had a mirena put in it a couple months after Lo was born(whatever the rec amt of time) and had some spotting for a while as I was told I would...and then I had nothing for whats been almost a year... the past couple months Ive had some occasional spotting... and now I feel like its every couple weeks...its so freaking annoying. Has anyone experienced this? Im wondering if this is normal or if its something I need to go to the doc about..also if this doesnt stop Im debating getting rid of it... its not predictable and its annoying to have this happen all of a sudden and over and over.  Its really not enough for a tampon and it just ruins underwear bc you have no idea when its going to happen.

Also for those that have had it removed..did they recommend waiting a certain amount of time(cycles) before trying to get pregnant?  Not that I want to now but wanted to know to plan when to have it removed when I am I ready to figure out that wait time.

Re: Mirena Users please step in prob tmi

• Options
    Well I have Paragard which is an non hormonal IUD. I have pretty heavy periods on it so I'd consider yourself lucky. Since yours does have hormone birth control and you have no set cycles you'd probably need to wait for a regular cycle or two to start before you TTC.
  • Options
    I've had it since September of last year and it was fine at first with the occasional spotting here and there but all of a sudden 3 or 4 months ago I started bleeding every 3-4 weeks and 2 weeks ago I bled for 15 days. I called my ob and she told me that it can take up to a year for your body to adjust to the hormones so I don't know. My dh and I talked about it and I'm going to wait until September or a few months after and then if it's the same I'm getting it out. So far from my experience I don't care for it, I've been more tired, nauseous, and extra emotional. I've even taken pregnancy test a couple of times just to make sure because it felt like I was pregnant. That's just my experience, I've heard from other people that they loved it(my best friend being one of them).
                              Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicphoto r0614p_zpsojhlssmw.gif
                            Anniversary
                            Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
                           BFP#1- April 24th. M/c-April 30th. BFP#2-September 11th. EDD: May 25th. 
                                      It's a girl!!! (: Madison arrived on May 19th at 6:35 am (:
                                                               * July '15 January siggy challenge.*
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am on my second one. I do have spitting now and then but I will take that over the horribly heavy periods I had before! And when I got my last one out I was pregnant 5-7 days after removal. My Dr said we could start trying immediately and it worked!
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. This reassures me that this is normal.  I may just tough it out a little longer and see if it gets better.  In the meantime just wrecking alot of underwear ugh!!!!!! 
  • Options
    My Dr said a year to even out.
    http://oi58.tinypic.com/nqv6fk.jpg

DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    I had it in for about 6 mos. some spotting after it was inserted, but then nothing (I was also bfing). I had it removed in Feb to start TTC. Our Dr just said to wait 30 days.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2:
    March - May 2014 - Natural cycles - no luck
    June 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    July 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    August 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    September 2014 - Clomid 50mg - Fingers crossed...

• Options
    D&S724D&S724 member
    I've had mine since September. I get a very light period (just spotting, really) once a month for 2-3 days.  I'm totally OK with that.  I like having a little reassurance each month that it's working, KWIM?

I like Mirena a lot.  My only complains are that I can't seem to lose weight and a lot of my hair fell out for the first few months. It has gotten better, though.
    Mommy of 3 beautiful boys!
    image.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"