Pregnant after 35
Options

Intro - I'll be 35 in a few weeks

Hi all. I just got my BFP yesterday and I'll be 4 weeks on the 29th. (I ovulate early in the cycle). Previous pregnancies should be listed in my signature. With this one, DH and I were doing the NTNP thing since January and decided we'd start really TTC in July if it didn't happen this cycle. With DS#1, we did temp charting, CM, FF, etc. I was going to start all of that up again in July if this wasn't our month. We BD on O-3, then DH got a kidney stone. I thought we missed the egg for sure. Then I started feeling all the usual 2WW symptoms (bloating, fatigue, sore boobs, nausea, etc). However, I was also weaning DS#1 who just turned 1. Everything I heard - both here, other websites, and a couple friends in La Leche League - all said that the hormone shift from weaning can mimic early pregnancy. I figured that was probably it. Only it got worse when it was supposed to get better. HPT #1 was on DPO #10. I thought I saw a line, a few hours later, if I squinted and held it in the sun *just* right. My husband laughed at me. So I did it again on DPO #11 (I have a serious problem with taking these things too often) and there was the 2nd line! So here I am.

I had horrible hyperemesis gravidum with DS#1 and I am feeling sick with this one several weeks earlier. This can't be good. I went to CVS to stock up on B6 and zofran today. I'm also kind of in shock. It hasn't registered and I feel no emotion at all. Is that weird?

**siggy warning**

Current Age 35, DH 33

Married 9/2011

BFP 8/2012, Miscarried 9/2012

BFP 9/2012, DS 6/2013

BFP 6/2014, Miscarried 7/2014

BFP 7/2014, DD 4/2015

Re: Intro - I'll be 35 in a few weeks

• Options
    Congrats and welcome!

FX that your morning sickness doesn't get too bad!

CafeMom Tickers

January PAL siggie challenge; Good advice:

• Options
    MrsL2BMrsL2B member
    Congratulations! I don't think what you're feeling (or not feeling) is weird at all. I went from complete disbelief to sheer panic to complacency to complete disbelief to joy to exhaustion, all in about the first three days. ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    lcwedlcwed member
    Welcome and great news.  I think for a lot of people, it doesn't start feeling real or emotional until they hear the heart beat.  For me the first few weeks were excited I'm pregnant but nervous something would happen until I heard the heartbeat.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Me 36 DH 39

DD 3/29/12
                      BFP 6/4/14 ~ MMC 7/7/14 ~ D&C 7/15/14            
    BFP 11/28/14 ~ MMC  12/29/14    

TTCAL Siggy Challenge

• Options
    Welcome! Hope your morning sickness isn't as bad this time around.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

IF History in my Bio!

• Options
    congrats!
  • Options
    Congrats and welcome!

• Options
    Congrats! And welcome. Not weird... give yourself some time to wrap your head around it... lots more feelings to come :-) - as you know!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Sorry ladies. I just lost the pregnancy today. :-( 
    Looks like I'm headed back to the TTC forum.

**siggy warning**

Current Age 35, DH 33

Married 9/2011

BFP 8/2012, Miscarried 9/2012

BFP 9/2012, DS 6/2013

BFP 6/2014, Miscarried 7/2014

BFP 7/2014, DD 4/2015

• Options
    ChrisBChrisB member
    Sorry to hear. Best of luck to you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board