Infertility
Options

Protocol ideas

Hey there ladies! As some of you know I'm in my TWW. Not very hopeful (ok realistically I'm not hopeful at all) Anyways... I've been looking into new ideas for #4. I'm a horrible responder our retrieval numbers are always high but then only half are mature and then only 3-4 fertilize. Then they all suck. My re just keeps pumping me full of meds for longer and longer. They started with the bcp then switched to the estrodole patch. Neither worked. Sooooo before I go in and tear my re apart on July 10th I'm looking for input on what could help. I'm looking into hgh, coq10, testosterone and letrozole.

Any other ideas ladies? thanks!
SIGGY WARNING//TICKER WARNING//PAIF

Long of the Short:
 TTC since April 2013  DH 42 y/o I'm 30  Dh had vasectomy reversal Feb 2013 after 3 months developed scar tissue 
 First Re appt was September 2013 OOP for everything minus meds  
DH's TESE surgery December 2013
First cycle was February 2014 BFN none to freeze
 Second cycle was April 2014 BFP ending in Chemical Pregnancy none to freeze
 Third cycle June 2014 BFN none to freez
 Fourth cycle October 30th 28 retrieved, 13 mature and 12 fertilized
PICSI, assisted hatching and fresh sperm from my DH's TESE surgery used
5 FROZEN from a freeze all cycle! 
FET completed on DECEMBER 9TH!!!
Beta #1 13dp5dt BFP!! 800
Beta #2 15dp5dt 2100
Beta #3 17dp5dt 3600 
First Scan January 5th! Everything looks great! Heart rate of 121!
Second Scan January 20th. Baby Justone13 looks amazing. Heart rate of 175!
Baby Girl is due August 27th
Liv Annmarie born 8/25 7lbs 6oz 21 1/2 inches long 

Re: Protocol ideas

• Options
    przemosbabeprzemosbabe member
    edited June 2014
    I'm the same as you. I was not hopeful during my 2ww but for several reasons ( like my progesterone spiked before trigger and a lot of clinics think this puts your uterine lining off for a 5 day old embryo trying to implant and so they usually freeze all) and I was looking into new protocols.I have seen that for poor responders or girls with premature ovarian failure, the Sher institute uses this protocol call agonist/antagonist conversion protocol. Basically what is is is you take birth control for 10 days and overlap the BC with small doses of lupron. Then once you get a period, you start taking half doses of ganerlix until you trigger. You should set up a consultation with one of the doctors at the sher institute and see if they would recommend this for you. I can't tell you much about the protocl but google does have lots of information. If you have endometriosis, estrogen is not good for girls with endometriosis because it causes it to flare up. Coq10 is good for egg quality and wouldn't hurt if you took some.
  • Options
    @Justone13‌ you know I can totally relate to this...as you told me before, I could have written this post! I've started coq10 but only 200mg so I'm considering increasing that. I'm also taking methylfolate for better absorption (family history of issues there). RE sent my file to their head embryologist for more info, and when I hear something I will let you know. Let us know what your RE says! I wish I had more suggestions :-/
    *************WARNING CP mentioned***********
    TTC since 12/2012 Me: hypothyroid & egg issues
    DH: MFI
    IUI #1 BFN
    2nd treatment cycle: Clomid & TI BFN
    IUI #2 (injects) IUI BFN
    2/14 through 3/14 benched with a cyst
    IVF#1 CD1 came before beta. BFN. No frosties.
    Benched with cysts...
    IVF#2 beta moved up due to heavy bleeding 6dp5dt...beta was 11. beta#2 20.4! Beta#3 28 Chemical pregnancy :(
    Currently on BCPs with cysts, planning IVF#3 Everyone welcome!
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @HollowBerry‌ Thanks! I'll ask my doc about it when I go in. When I looked it up it says it's used for women over 40. I always was told I'm an old soul I guess my eggs agree :-L

@Hoping4LO‌ I hope that this time it works for you. They tried doing that with me for 2 cycles getting only the ones to transfer. Very frustrating.

@przemosbabe‌ I've heard of that protocol before from some of the girls on here. Those clinics are too far away. I don't want to travel for this. I don't have endometriosis. I'm truly unexplained.

@Mozzarella13‌ Girl do I know. I hope your appt goes well. Keep me updated. I'll let you know what mine says too. It will be a while before we can start up again. Guess that means margaritas by the pool right? :D

Long of the Short:
     TTC since April 2013  DH 42 y/o I'm 30  Dh had vasectomy reversal Feb 2013 after 3 months developed scar tissue 
    Beta #2 15dp5dt 2100
    Beta #3 17dp5dt 3600 

• Options
    pblgepblge member
    FWIW, I think traveling for my most recent IVF was one of the best decisions I've ever made. I'll also say that the same protocol was used in IVF #2.0 and IVF #2.1, but the dosing and monitoring were different--you can see how wildly divergent the outcomes were, too! At this point I'm a huge fan of second opinions, for obvious reasons.

I soooooo hope that you don't need to think about a next time! When is your beta?

**********************siggy/ticker warning**********************

***Losses mentioned.*** TTC #1 since May 2012. Me: 37, OH: 41. Ectopic August 2012 => tubal damage. :'(  Stage 1 endo removed June 2013. IVF #1 Oct/Nov 2013: Long Lupron with Gonal-F. 7R, 7M, 7F. 2 txfer@3d. Nothing frozen.  => M/C @ 8 wks. :'( Selected RPL panel all normal. Very hyper and brittle response to stims. IVF #2 (antagonist protocol) Feb 2014 => Converted to IUI (Perfect conditions). BFN. IVF #2.1 w/ new RE June 2014: Antagonist protocol. 33R, 31M, 30F, 19 blasts to test!!! I made it through without crashing!! :) Hats off to Dr. Fancypants!! ET of one 5AB blast. BFN. 13 10 CCS'ed snowflakes! FET #1 PUPO as of 7/29 Betas: 8/7@24, 8/9@97, 8/11@334 (etc.) Two sacs on 8/15, one seen on 8/18 after a bleed. U/s 8/25 (6+3) "perfect": 5.9 mm + HB@120bpm! U/s 9/4 (7+6): 15.9 mm + HB@172 bpm! Please, PLEASE stick this time!!!!
    http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae39/catfreeburg/866da40f5178fed79efe23fc8a4e8a_zps4498a9cc.jpgimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    @pblge‌ it's on the 8th. I'm going to start testing 11dpt. I hope I don't either. I guess I want to stay where I am because I'm using the shared risk and everything is already worked out. I guess I'll have to wait and see.

Long of the Short:
    Beta #2 15dp5dt 2100
    Beta #3 17dp5dt 3600 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"