September 2014 Moms

Weekend Randoms

What's happenin' this weekend, momma's?
{Me:27, Dx:PCOS, LPD, & rob(14;15)}
{DH:31 all clear, "super sperm"}
Ecstatically married July 30, 2011--TTC since Jan 2013:::Baby #1 due 9/11, Conceived on cycle #5 of Femara + Hcg + IUI
~Love and Light to everyone~ 
image image
My furbabies--Mr. Bubbles and Miss Kitty <3
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

image image

Re: Weekend Randoms

• Our town is having it's annual festival this weekend. So excited for all the fair food! Hoping to find something cute and homemade at one of the booths for baby girl as well. Wish the weather was a little better for it, but it'll be all good with the umbrella.

Also, visiting my grandparents this weekend as we haven't seen them in almost 2 months. I'm curious/cautious about what they're going to say regarding my bump.

• Loading the player...
  • We are hoping to be able to take our hospital tour today. I have to call an hour before and check with the nurse in charge. 

Then my husband is a huge Drum Corps geek (think marching band on steroids). They're having a show tonight and I'm actually excited to go. We'll get to see some friends we haven't seen in awhile (I'm bracing myself for bump comments too @camichael84!) and the music can actually be pretty fun.
    Finally! My September Siggy Challenge: TV Show I'll Be Binge Watching
    REVENGE!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic"

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My 2 year old woke up at 4:45... ugh... I decided to drag him around to garage sales, then to Starbucks, then to Old Navy. I went for $1 flip flops. I ended up spending over $100 on stuff I didn't need along with 5 pair of flip flops. Can I ask what the H people are doing with them that they buy so many?! I saw people carrying 3-4 bags full out to their car, then coming back and buying more (5 pair limit per transaction). I mean, are they reselling them? I can't imagine you would make any money at all!

Other than that I'm packing for a week in Nashville starting Monday. Never been but I'm excited to spend the 4th there!

• We are doing the usual Saturday of laundry, errands and grocery shopping. It's hot today so hopefully hitting the pool this afternoon. I have to work tomorrow morning which means I will miss the Mexico soccer game (a big deal in our house) so hopefully I can find a way to stream it at work and then we have dinner at DH's aunts tomorrow night.

My random: I'm so uncomfortable in all my clothes but I'm having a hard time justifying buying new maternity clothes with only 2 months left. 
  • AMA ladies, read up! https://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2014/06/28/326163561/older-moms-take-heart-you-may-be-more-likely-to-live-longer?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=20140628 Sorry, mobile bumping so I can't make it linky! (Ha! Autocorrect changed that to kinky!)
    Woot woot!!! I also wonder if having younger kids when middle age keeps you more busy/active?
    from what I was reading it's not necessarily the act of having a kid at that age... it's "a woman's ability to have children at a later age is evidence that her reproductive system is aging more slowly, and that the rest of her system is also aging more slowly," So even if a woman has kids earlier on in her life, but could have gone on continuing to have children, she's part of this group. Also I wonder if this applies to those who use fertility treatments as well b/c they weren't part of the study.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • I'm catching up on housework, putting together the baby swing, keeping DS from breaking said swing, reorganizing my bedroom again, and trying to work on my latest crochet project. I'm about two thirds done, thank goodness. And I'm trying to cool off. Fun weekend! :-)
  • Trying to wrangle this circus to get out the door for a family reunion. The big kids are mad because they both want in their bathroom at the same time but they cannot cooperate and share and the toddler thinks she is helping daddy shave and brush his teeth. Totally slowing everything down and I want to go eat!! Hurry up people, I'm waaaitiiinngggggggg!!!!
  • I finally got DH to go with me to get some IHOP pancakes (stupid commercials gave me cravings). Then I finished setting up the guest bedroom. We had to move it to make the nursery and it was sitting there not quite put together but I really needed to finish it this week because my ILs are coming in for the 4th (sarcastic "yay!"). I've been having quite a few Braxton Hicks contractions since last night, but not quite often enough to be overly worried about. And now I wait until things start to cool off so I can go outside to mow the lawn that grows into a jungle every week. I've never seen grass grow so fast before.

image Baby Girl born September 23, 2014

• We went bedroom furniture shopping this morning. With our hyperactive, ASD 3 year old. It was an entirely horrible experience, but we've picked out our new furniture and are just waiting for delivery. And I'm leaving for a massage in a few minutes, woohoo! Tonight we have dinner with my parents.

Tomorrow, I'm taking the kiddo and his friend to a Frozen festival. I'm entirely too excited about it - they're going to have a meet and greet with Elsa and Olaf, games, crafts, music, snow cones, and a bounce house. We'll probably spend the rest of the day cleaning and organizing. I'm freaking out that we're in week 30 and not at all prepared. I keep trying to remind myself that we have clothes, a place for baby to sleep, boobs, and a carseat, so everything else is just a bonus and not a big deal.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We went bedroom furniture shopping this morning. With our hyperactive, ASD 3 year old. It was an entirely horrible experience, but we've picked out our new furniture and are just waiting for delivery. And I'm leaving for a massage in a few minutes, woohoo! Tonight we have dinner with my parents.

Tomorrow, I'm taking the kiddo and his friend to a Frozen festival. I'm entirely too excited about it - they're going to have a meet and greet with Elsa and Olaf, games, crafts, music, snow cones, and a bounce house. We'll probably spend the rest of the day cleaning and organizing. I'm freaking out that we're in week 30 and not at all prepared. I keep trying to remind myself that we have clothes, a place for baby to sleep, boobs, and a carseat, so everything else is just a bonus and not a big deal.
    A Frozen Festival?! I'm so jealous!!! I want to go! I love Frozen more than my son. I try to convince him to watch it with me way too often :)

• Today we took our son and my mom to a local water park. Stayed about 3 hrs then went shopping for items needed in hospital bag. I've kept well hydrated but am crampy. Guess I over did things :(
  • DjcieplyDjcieply member
    edited June 2014
    Found a reasonably priced Jeep Power Wheel in great shape for DS at a garage sale today. We were going to get him a new one for his birthday but I really didnt see the point in spending that much money on something that will probably get run into things.

DS was PISSED because he thought we were leaving without it, I mean Im not that mean to let him play on it and tell him we were going to get it and then not haha. I got him in the car and moved it closer to load it, so he didnt see us load it and it was behind him in the car so he couldnt see it. By the time we got to where we were going he had forgotten about it and when we opened up the back of the car and he saw it he was just so excited and kept hugging us, he played on that thing from 11:00 till 3:00.

Im really looking forward to next weekend, we are going to a water park for a few days/nights, its a perfect sized one for little kids. It will be some much needed family time and with the hectic few weeks DH has had it will be nice to relax for a few days.
    photo dca9b006-0f54-4503-ad9d-536560d9d80f.jpg
    Mr C born 10/25/11  Miss M born 9/11/14
  • Saturday we chilled and watched like 8 episodes of "Freaks and Geeks" (never saw it before) and went to a Baby Care Basics class then to Hooters after. DH said I was the least looking pregnant one in the class...which was pretty true. The class was fun though. Learned to swaddle and give a sponge bath to a baby doll. Today we do laundry, groceries, and watch season 2 of "Orange is the new Black".

Hope everyone else is having a fabulous weekend!

• jortiz780jortiz780 member
    edited June 2014
    @shauna813‌ - We watched the first 2 episodes and they were pretty good. Can't wait!

Basically it was a class on safety, when to call the doctor and when not to, a little bit on feeding (we are going to take the Breastfeeding course too), how often to feed, how to soothe baby, signs of hunger, baby reflexes and what they mean, how to swaddle, change a diaper, bathe, cord care, etc. It was fun. A lot of stuff I already knew but it was nice to be there and see the demonstrations. I've changed a diaper before but I've never gave a baby a bath or swaddled.

• kmbk27kmbk27 member
    I went and looked at carpet for little man's room, went to a baby "boutique" and bought a couple covers and pocket diapers, and then came home to wait for the internet service tech to come save the day. Oh joy. But while I was waiting for him, I took inventory of my current fluff stash.

Today, I'm sure we will go to breakfast and possibly to look at more carpet.

^^^ September Signature: TV series I plan on binge watching with my newborn I do what I want. ^^^

image    image

<3 Gage Douglas 09.04.2014...my sunshine after the rain.

• Yesterday we were at our best friend's daughters 5th birthday party all afternoon and evening. My daughters are best friends with their daughter too. It was a fun time. Today, housework and yard work. Maybe go to the pool in the afternoon if the expected thunderstorm holds off.
  • Yesterday I took DD to the parade for our local festival. We did some kiddie rides and she absolutely loved them! We went to the rodeo last night, and screamed cow or horse every time she saw one (I love that she knows the difference between a horse and cow but every round fruit or veggie is an apple) today we are going shopping for little one to finish the nursery and get a new bathing suit for me :)
  • hizah05 said:

My 2 year old woke up at 4:45... ugh... I decided to drag him around to garage sales, then to Starbucks, then to Old Navy. I went for $1 flip flops. I ended up spending over $100 on stuff I didn't need along with 5 pair of flip flops. Can I ask what the H people are doing with them that they buy so many?! I saw people carrying 3-4 bags full out to their car, then coming back and buying more (5 pair limit per transaction). I mean, are they reselling them? I can't imagine you would make any money at all!

Other than that I'm packing for a week in Nashville starting Monday. Never been but I'm excited to spend the 4th there!
    I know someone who was going to buy a ton for her wedding! So drunken guests didn't have to be barefoot I guess haha
  • So beyond pissed. Got to work to perform preventative maintenance on our label printers...should take no more than 2 hours...and find that the staff responsible for the computer downloads never showed. These HAVE to be done by tomorrow morning or no blood drives can go out. Called my ops manager and she calls back in a panic b/c she can't reach anyone. I started the disc imaging thinking that someone would be able to come...nope.

So, now I'm stuck here doing someone else's job. Usually the whole process takes 5-6 hours...and I've got the PM's to do too. Only consolation is that I will get 2 days off this week to make up the hours....so I only have to work 2 days b/c of the holiday.
    {Me:27, Dx:PCOS, LPD, & rob(14;15)}
    {DH:31 all clear, "super sperm"}
    Ecstatically married July 30, 2011--TTC since Jan 2013:::Baby #1 due 9/11, Conceived on cycle #5 of Femara + Hcg + IUI
    ~Love and Light to everyone~ 
    image image
    My furbabies--Mr. Bubbles and Miss Kitty <3
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

image image
  • @zoeyy Love love love that face!!!
  • I am officially declaring myself the president of TREBEKASTAN!
    Ah hahahaha! Love it!
  • Also, I'm refusing to open the nursery thread, because it makes me feel bad about myself and my lack of with-it-ness.

Meee too!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"