December 2013 Moms

Spam for brunch

For all your Saturday randoms.
Lilypie - (V9Ze)

Re: Spam for brunch

• I have 2 this morning!

1. I'm considering purchasing a maternity bathing suit this morning.
    2. DH really wants to put a deposit down on the nursery furniture today and I'm still freaking out that it's too soon.  We were advised 10-12 week lead time and that the factory closes for the month of July, so technically we should act now, but I'm still paranoid.  
    Loss Blog (finally updated)

imageimage
    5 cycles of "TTC" - 3 intentional, 2 not so intentional.  5 BFPs.  My rainbow arrived 10/15/14.
    TFMC 08.02.13 at 19+ weeks. Everyday I grieve for my little Olive.

• Leaving DD2 with a sitter for the very first time tonight so we can go to a concert.  I'm so excited for a night with no kids!
    imageimageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Last night was rough! DS had night terrors as soon as I shut off my light to go to bed, and then DD has been up with teething and allergies... Looking forward to nap time this afternoon.

On a sunny note, we live in CA and it is gorgeous out today - windows open, slight breeze. These days are what make me thankful we live here!
    imageimageimage

Sebastian: March 3, 2010

2nd Tri Angel Baby: November 2012

McKenna: December 2, 2013

• lp0lp0 member
    My supply has tanked even more than before. I'm now at the point where I have to give DD 1 - 2 bottles of formula a day and absolutely nothing comes out if I try to pump. I feel like such a failure! I didn't have any of these issues with DS and I bf him for a year.
    "Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

BFP! 04/26/11 - DS born 12/28/11 - BFP #2! 04/02/13 - DD born 12/11/13 -
    My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

• LP0198 said:

My supply has tanked even more than before. I'm now at the point where I have to give DD 1 - 2 bottles of formula a day and absolutely nothing comes out if I try to pump. I feel like such a failure! I didn't have any of these issues with DS and I bf him for a year.

You're not a failure! You made it this far :) I think it's pretty awesome. I worry that this will happen to me too, so I understand.

Displaying photo.JPGDisplaying photo.JPG
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • lp0lp0 member

LP0198 said:

You're not a failure! You made it this far :) I think it's pretty awesome. I worry that this will happen to me too, so I understand.
    Thanks :) I just think I was caught off guard because the possibility never crossed my mind since I had no issues last time. And I know there is absolutely nothing wrong with giving formula or not bf'ing but I just wish if it would have been my choice not because I was forced to.
    "Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

• lp0lp0 member
    My mom just made cream of wheat for DD and she loved it! We couldn't shovel it in her mouth fast enough without her yelling at us. The box says 6 months and older.

My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

• DH had pool training for the fire dept today. He was "playing" victim and became an actual victim and dislocated a bone in his foot. Thankfully it was just that and not something more serious. He's gonna be down for about 6 weeks and will have surgery next week.
  • This is the first time my house has been empty and I've been all by myself without 2 kids since LO was born. It's quiet and weird and kinda boring. Counting down till DH gets out of work, but I can NOT wait to get a restful nights sleep tonight. I'm sure I will slip into a drunk coma after we get home and it will be fantastic!
  • lp0lp0 member
    edited June 2014
    So tonight is going to be DD's first night in her crib (don't judge me lol). I would have moved her about a month ago but the nursery is currently stuffed with kitchen and dining room stuff from the renovation. She will only sleep in my bed but does not necessarily need to be touching me so I'm hoping she will sleep better in her crib. I cleared a path in the nursery but it makes me sad that it's a mess in there.

My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

• @ballerina10‌ DS often lays his head down between his legs and goes to sleep. It's the most adorable/pitiful thing. He sits up or stands immediately upon waking, so I hear you. It's also his MO when he's super pissed about having to go to bed.
  • @ballerina10‌ I've always been told/used hot showers to take the sting out then lathered aloe afterwards. We always put the aloe in the fridge during summer.
  • Getting the sting out of sunburn... A cold shower??? Hot shower???

Uhh I'm such a moron! My skin hasn't seen sun in almost over a year!!

I've heard white vinegar takes the sting out.
  • I have 2 this morning!

1. I'm considering purchasing a maternity bathing suit this morning.
    2. DH really wants to put a deposit down on the nursery furniture today and I'm still freaking out that it's too soon.  We were advised 10-12 week lead time and that the factory closes for the month of July, so technically we should act now, but I'm still paranoid.  
    Have your found a cute maternity baiting suit? My sister looked and everything was so.... Old lady looking!
    @ballerina10

I ended up buying a tankini top at Target and I think it's rather cute - plain black with white dots.  Feels kind of retro with the ruching or whatnot.  I paired it with a black lululemon running skirt and felt quite comfortable laying out! 

imageimage
    5 cycles of "TTC" - 3 intentional, 2 not so intentional.  5 BFPs.  My rainbow arrived 10/15/14.

• MamaCBear said:
    @VCGolfNYC‌ buy the suit and the furniture. :)
    @mamacbear

Both were purchased, but I had a minor panic attack post furniture purchase. 
    :-??

imageimage

• @cashhh Is Change still going to bed late or is her bedtime earlier since you all did sleep training?
  • cashhh said:

@cashhh Is Change still going to bed late or is her bedtime earlier since you all did sleep training?

She's usually in bed by 8 now :).

Nice! We are slowly getting there, too. I think we are on night 4 of drowsy but awake, in bed around 8:45, and her falling asleep herself.
  • Running skirts are the dumbest thing EVAR.
    @soozerella

Don't hate on my bathing suit!!!  The skirt helps hide my thighs! ;)

imageimage

• DD is repeating tonight with the horrible sleep from last night... Thank you cold and teething hitting the same time!
    imageimageimage

Sebastian: March 3, 2010

2nd Tri Angel Baby: November 2012

McKenna: December 2, 2013

• @VCGolfNYC‌ two words...

Thigh chafe.

I just had an actual shiver in reaction to reading those words.
    Lilypie - (V9Ze)
  • @mcncheese‌ if you still have sun burn issues try Earl Grey tea.

~*~*~You're Such A Pretty Melody, I'm Just Another Tattooed Tragedy~*~*~
    FKA: Mireland23  image
  • mcncheese said:

@mcncheese‌ if you still have sun burn issues try Earl Grey tea.

Drinking it or putting it on the burn?! I've never heard of this one before!!
    Putting it on the burn (lukewarm) or dabbing the burn with the tea bags. I got a burn last weekend and it really helped. Just don't wipe it off let it sit on for a while and dry. I did mine right before bed and showered in the morning and the burn was 100x better

• mcncheese said:

@mcncheese‌ if you still have sun burn issues try Earl Grey tea.

@mireland23‌ I hope you aren't fuckin with me cuz I just bought a box of tea and am dabbing myself with this shit haha!
    Scout's honor it works!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"