Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

sex on schedule??...

Hi lovely ladies, Happy Sunday! Have a quick question and would love some info/suggestions....so, I just have been learning about the magic of temping, the BBT and ovulating should I wait to have sex until I'm ovulating or does a schedule make sense? Would it help with getting pregnant if I wait (like no or very little sex) until I'm ovulating? not sure how H would like that lol....!
Suggestions? :)

Re: sex on schedule??...

• Options
    Um... ok, I'm going to try to answer what I think you asked.

Mostly, if you're temping only, you're only going to know you ovulated AFTER you ovulated. I think most of us here like to have sex every other day prior to ovulation, then when it's your fertile week, have sex daily.
    Me: 33 DH: 31
    DD: 10 (born August 2004)
    Married 03/01/14
    TTC#2
    BFP: 05/17/2014 EDD: 1/25/15 MMC: 06/30/2014
    BFP: 01/31/15 MMC: 02/25/15 

• Options
    Ok thanks, ya basically I received my answer. Sorry I guess I'm not too clear on TB yet. But basically wanted to know how often or if I should abstain during a certain time or really have lots of sex at a certain time.....
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    EOD in the fertile week (a few days leading up to O and withing 24 hours of O.)  Some people do every day in that time frame, but DH is a 2 times a week tops guy (or was before we had a kid.  Now his libido has multiple personality disorder.)
    DS born 12/2012
    Little Squeaker due 6/2015
  • Options
    WolFoxWolFox member
    I've been trying to hit my fertile window but mostly just having sex when we want to. We both have pretty busy/exhausting schedules and at this point we're okay with scheduling sex, but I've been keeping it to a minimum. If this month gets ruled out I may block out the week before my expected O to start having sex every other day until it's confirmed (like what PP stated). 

It would have been been helpful THIS month because this past ovulation week was very stressful without a lot of sleep. That screwed up my temps so my exact O date has changed a few times in FF. 

That being said, do what works best for you and your partner. Talk to him about it! Does he want to know when you're ovulating? Is he prone to performance anxiety? How often do you guys have sex anyway? It's a personal decision. 
  • Options
    We shoot for EOD during my FW, but in all reality it's like every 3rd day. He works long hours, some in the heat & he's exhausted when he comes home. I don't push it.
    Now, we hit ED this past week (during my FW) because we were at the beach (and drunk almost every night). This was a first since we've been TTC!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Lol yes I'm glad I'm not the only one who may have thought that waiting until that perfect week would give us super sperm lol! But that's great...much appreciated, thanks All.
  • Options
    Wine&CupcakesWine&Cupcakes member
    edited July 2014
    I'm planning to hit EOD the week before O, and ED in my fertile window and 1 day after O...then sex whenever we feel like it. DH can perform on command without a problem and we have no problem scheduling sex if needed to give us the best chances of conceiving ASAP due to my metabolic issue.

Specifically, unless there is a known sperm issue, it's fine to have daily sex/ejaculation, and to echo other pp's, hoarding sperm isn't good either.

Edited to actually make sense.
    TTGP December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Holiday Movie:
    ~Santa Claus is Coming to Town~

TTC #1: July 2014
    Me: 31  DH: 29
    DX (me): Inborn error of metabolism - protein restriction, metabolic formula & weekly blood tests
    DNA Results (7/1): DH is NOT a carrier for my genetic disorder! 
    7/3: Metabolic clinic gave the green light to TTC - holy crap!
  • Options
    I've created a monster... We went for ED sex during our FW this cycle, and now DH is wanting sex all the time! We were a 1-2x per week couple but after doing it so much last week he claims he is hornier than ever! My poor little vag needs a break! #-o

image  image

TTC #1 May 2014

BFP 7/4/14 ~ EDD 3/17/15

My Chart

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Most of us probably have it every other day. :)
  • Options
    We aim for EOD in my fertile window. We also like to have sex once or twice a week when not in my fertile window.
    Laughing at myself!  

So the problem with acronyms is that when you're unfamiliar with the lingo, y'just kind of fill in what might make sense in the sentence.  

I just figured out that EOD stands for every-other-day, as opposed to ejaculate on demand, which is what my brain tried out initially.  

As for the sex timing question, we try to hit every other day (aka EOD - see how smart I am!) until a +OPK and then aim for every day for the next 3 days. 

Trying to Conceive Ticker
    "Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul..."
  • Options
    My DH also has some performance anxiety, so we aim for every 2-3 days, ideally EOD. Timing for my DD was T-2 so I'm happy as long as we hit around that :)

DD 15.07.2012

BFP #2 01.18.2014, MMC 04.10.2014 15w5d

BFP #3 07.18.2014, MC 07.31.2014 5w6d

DX: RPL due to submucosal uterine fibroid. Hysteroscopy 12/16. All clear!

image</a

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"