Trouble TTC
Options

Ovulation while bleeding - TMI

edited June 2014 in Trouble TTC
Hi girls. I know this is TMI, but I'm very confused. I have VERY irregular cycles. Yesterday was cycle day 15 for me. I had finished my period 2 days earlier and took an ovulation test that morning (on day 15). Ovulation test came back positive! So DH and I did the deed. While we were getting busy, I started to bleed, like a lot, with some clots. I thought I had finished my period, and the ovulation came back with a positive, but the. Why was I still bleeding? I have very long periods - sometimes 10-14 days so idk if that has anything to do with it. At my last ultrasound (I'm being monitored while on clomid) the tech said I was on track for my right ovary to ovulate but she didn't say how far away she guessed I was. This was on day 5 of my cycle. My cycles usually start off with brown spotting then little to no blood for a day or 2 then red bleeding with some clots. I had stopped bleeding for about 2 days before I got the positive ovulation. Bleeding after/during penetration has happened before for me but never during a positive ovulation. Does anyone else have the same symptoms/problems or have any advice? Should I even be worried?
Me: 26 (PCOS - Diagnosed May 2014) DH: 30 (Normal - In the process of testing)
Married: 03.16.13
TTC Since: April 2013
Treatment: Daily Metformin + Clomid Days 5-9 each Cycle
May 2014 - June 2014: 50 mg Clomid + timed BD = BFN
June 2014 - July 2014: 50 mg Clomid + timed BD = BFN - progesterone test 1.6
July 2014 - August 2014: 100 mg Clomid + timed BD = CANCELLED due to bleeding on day 14
August 2014 - September 2014: Unfortunately not medicating as we are waiting to see an RE in September!!!

17 People Who Are Having A Worse Day Than You (18 GIFs)

Re: Ovulation while bleeding - TMI

• Options
    If you have often had long periods, I would think it's possible that it was just BDign dislodging (sorry, bad word choice!) the rest of AF.

Still, I would call and ask about it because it does sound a little different. And CD15 sounds more like O bleeding, or some kind of cervical or breakthrough vaginal bleeding that the RE might want to know about.

**PG Mentioned Warning**

A girlfriend of mine got a BFP when her DH was living in another country and only visited up to CD7. :) That was a biiiig and unexpected surprise, lol!
    January 3T Siggy Challenge - New Year's Resolutions
    imageimage

Me (29), DH (30) TTC actively 54 55+ cycles | All BFNs
    MFI (low everything) | Endo Stage 1 & Stenotic Cervix (treated) | PCO
    Married - July 2008 | Started TTC - Jan 2009RE Visit #1 - Mar 2014 
    IUI #1 ICI #1 - June | IUI #1.1 Laparoscopy - Aug
    IUIs #1.2, 2, 3 - Sept, Oct, Nov (Letrozole) - BFNs 
    IUI #4 - Dec (Bravelle) | IUI #5 - Dec/Jan (Bravelle) - 5 follies + TI - BFNs
    IUI #5.1 - Jan (Bravelle) Cancelled 
    Planning to start IVF in March!
    ***All Welcome***
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"