March 2014 Moms
Options

Hair washing (NBR)

talee1989talee1989 member
edited June 2014 in March 2014 Moms
How often do you ladies wash your hair? I was at the stylist today and she told me that she thinks I should be able to get away with washing my hair once or twice a week. I normally wash it everyday or I just don't feel clean. Interested in what everyone else does!

Lilypie - (rVtP)Daisypath - (hJ7A)Lilypie - (mHiG)

Hair washing (NBR) 181 votes

Once a week
2% 4 votes
Twice a week
19% 36 votes
Every other day
43% 78 votes
Everyday
33% 61 votes
SS
1% 2 votes

Re: Hair washing (NBR)

• Options
    My hair is dry and frizzy, so I usually go every other day. Sometimes I do every third day if I'm feeling lazy. I love dry shampoo/baby powder for those non-washing days.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My hair is curly, so really dry. I shampoo Monday and Thursday, but condition daily. Otherwise it gets super frizzy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    MeggsMMeggsM member
    Jenstwins said:

My hair is curly, so really dry. I shampoo Monday and Thursday, but condition daily. Otherwise it gets super frizzy.

This. Out of curiosity what products do you use? I ask all curly hair ppl. I use the deva curl line
  • Options
    super oily hair in the hiz-ouse! gotta wash every day. greasy within 16 hours. I've tracked. 

note: I rarely blowdry my hair (less than 5 times per month I'd say)... so when I blowdry it, it will last about 36 hours before looking gross. 
  • Options
    I used to wash everyday.
    Now it's about 5 days a week.
    I condition every day.

My hair is long and straight and normally super thin and dry.

Thanks to pregnancy/post-partum hormones it's super thick and lush.

I found when it was straggly it would get oily quickly, but it's much nicer now.
  • Options
    KariB509KariB509 member
    edited June 2014
    I have a really oily scalp so I have to wash my hair everyday!

Eta: @Kacie‌, me too! By the end of my day my scalp is naasty. By the next morning...ew.
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   image

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Kari~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    Before getting pregnant it was every other day or even every third day. Now, I have to everyday. My hair is ridiculously greasy now
  • Options
    It use to be every day. Now every three. I shower everyday, it just takes too long to style my hair, so I put it up somehow.
    photo 334932ce-4f16-4b35-8d49-b4c5beb158c9.jpg

Anniversary 

• Options
    @ChalupMama‌ yea, it works just as good as dry shampoo, but is much cheaper and good in a pinch. I'm surprised it's not more popular, especially in college, haha.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @MeggsM‌ I switch stuff up all the time (I usually buy anything 'moisturizing' or 'for curls' if it's on sale) but haven't tried the deva curl yet. What do you think of it? I've been intrigued.
  • Options
    Kacie said:

super oily hair in the hiz-ouse! gotta wash every day. greasy within 16 hours. I've tracked. 

note: I rarely blowdry my hair (less than 5 times per month I'd say)... so when I blowdry it, it will last about 36 hours before looking gross. 
    This is me too, but, mine only lasts about 12 hours :(
  • Options
    MeggsMMeggsM member
    @Jenstwins‌ I really like it! It's expensive and it takes a while for your hair to get used to the products without sulphates and things in them but in 6 months my hair was great! It was even better when I was pregnant but it's still not dry and styles easily without having to spend a ton of time on it which is perfect with a little one.
  • Options
    AlikiAliki member
    KariB509 said:
    I have a really oily scalp so I have to wash my hair everyday! Eta: @Kacie‌, me too! By the end of my day my scalp is naasty. By the next morning...ew.
    Actually most hair experts say that the more you wash your hair, the more oils your scalp will produce. It's your body's response to "replace" what you remove. So the longer you go without washing, eventually your hair becomes much healthier. 
    TTC #1 since 2007. Dx: Unexplained infertility. 4 IUIs in 2008 = BFN. IVF #1 07/09. DD #1 born April 2010 (40w5d).
    TTC #2 since 2011. Dx: Endometriosis and hypothyroidism. 2 FETs in 2012, BFP 6/12 but m/c @ 7 weeks. IVF #2 06/13. DD #2  born March 2014 (40w1d).
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I shower every day, shampoo 1x a week, condition twice (sometimes I dry shampoo in between)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers   
  • Options
    I shampoo rarely, only if it feels greasy. I have suuuuuuuuper dry hair and scalp, so.....less than once a week. I get horrible dandruff shampooing much more often.

I rinse it with diluted apple cider vinegar a few times a week, as well as condition the ends. I'm still a frizzball.
  • Options
    I feel like if I don't wash my hair every day it gets greasy. I have really thick and curly hair but I prefer to wear it straight. She said that I've spent my whole life trying to get it straight that I should just try And embrace my curls and try to figure out how to make it look good. I bought some dry shampoo and I'm going to try and shampoo every other day and see how it goes.

Lilypie - (rVtP)Daisypath - (hJ7A)Lilypie - (mHiG)

• Options
    I typically wash every day. With Emma it's turned into ever other day, which I don't like but it saves time. My hair gets fairly oily pretty quick and I feel gross if I don't wash it every day.

• Options
    I rinse it every day, but wash every other day.
  • Options
    I have curly hair and a dry scalp so I shampoo about 2 or 3 times a week. Any more than that and I start to get a lot of frizz. I rinse and condition everyday though and use water soluble gels so there's very little product build up.

Pro tip to fellow curlies: Ouidad products kick ass. The Climate Control gel is nothing short or miraculous.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I shampoo every other day. Sometimes I can go three days. My hair is way healthier than when I was doing it every day but I have a dry scalp.
    image image
  • Options
    I used to wash my hair every other day, until my hairdresser told me to only wash it twice a week. My hair felt greasy for a couple of weeks, but then it was amazing. I now only wash it twice a week and it is healthier than its ever been.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Every time I shower! My hair pp is disgusting! It's greasy even after the shower still looks greasy and has no volume I hate it!!! It's like it's stuck to my head like a helmet.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"