March 2014 Moms

Bed time

Jessie615Jessie615 member
edited June 2014 in March 2014 Moms
Bed time for my now 14 week old is usually 7-7:30pm or so most days. However, on days where he doesn't nap well in the afternoon or wakes up around 5ish I'm not sure what do for the evening. Sometimes he will stay awake for up to 2 hours and be fine/no tired signs and other times he will be wiped in an hour and even struggles to nap again (kinda depends how the day goes).

Would you do whatever to at least get a cat nap in or move bed time earlier? I feel like moving bed time earlier is more important to avoid an overtired baby, but wondering what other mommies are doing/suggest. His night time sleep length is so different day to day (he used to sttn) and I know it's because of napping/lack of good naps and not for my lack of effort :-/

Re: Bed time

• I let LO decide on his schedule. Somedays he has 5 minute naps, other days he has a 3 hour nap. I put him to bed when he passes out for the evening, anytime after 7pm. Could be anywhere from 7-10 pm. Then he sleeps 4-8 hours at that time.
  • Jessie615Jessie615 member
    edited June 2014
    Do you ladies watch tired cues for naps or wake time or a combo when putting down your LO? Just feel like naps are pretty inconsistent for my guy. I watch wake time to avoid him being overtired and any cues before then.
  • Loading the player...
  • KewiiKewii member
    You need to watch both, IMO.  Sometimes she wants another nap after just half an hour. But I also know if we hit an hour and a half of wake time she's about to  become overtired, and she needs to go down.

imageLilypie First Birthday tickersimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"